The Fruits of the Zee festival begins!

[color=#ff00cc] [/color][color=#ff00cc] London ripens under the false-summer. Londoners perspire in linen and crinoline, street-side hawkers promise ‘Gin-u-ine Rubbery Lumps’, imported flowers briefly beautify the streets. Anticipation for the Festival of the Fruits of the Zee lingers in the air like unspent lightning.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]Look out your rod and reel: the Fruits of the Zee Festival is upon us! The festival begins today, 17th August, and will end at midday on 1st September.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]As summer winds down, enjoy calming fishing trips and indulge in a cornucopian repast of delights plucked fresh from the bounteous Zee.[/color]

[ul][li][color=#ff00cc]Hire a fishing boat, land a Strange Catch and trade it at the festival for special rewards![/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Enjoy the maypole dancing, Drownie serenades, beer &c![/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Secure an invitation to a secret feast and catch a glimpse of your Destiny. Will it be a vision of victory or a dream of darkness?[/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]You may even chance upon the Viscountess of the Viric Jungle, London’s new Lord Mayor…[/color]
[/li][/ul][color=#ff00cc]Catch a ferry from Wolfstack Docks to Mutton Island to join the festivities![/color]
[color=#ff00cc]The Fruits of the Zee Festival is a free event open to all players, no matter your level. You don’t need to own a boat, and if you don’t know the way to Wolfstack Docks, there’s a helpful urchin at your lodgings who will be happy to ferry you for a reasonable price.[/color]

Hmm… I’ll probably have to make an effort to gather up whatever missing festival items I can, given all the new uses for them that have been turning up lately.

Oh, and of course it’s a bloody well. We’ll see what more turns up here.

yep, I’ll also have to catch one or two of them. But I like the idea in general, since it makes it somewhat worthy to collect items that are not BiS.

/edit: happy fishing!
edited by Judaspriester on 8/17/2020

travel by mirrior wouldnt drop my running battle right?kind of in the middle of a duel with feducci here

When in doubt, finish the duel first. You’ve got a little more than 2 weeks for the festival, that should be enough time. ;)

Btw, has someone already collected a list of zee-items that have become a usage and therefore should be collected?

/edit: I’ve just collected the list myself (only non-fate items, according to wiki):
Scrimshander Carving Knife (Skeletons)
A Faceted Decanter of Drownie Effluvia (Watchmakers Daughter)
Nuncian Pocket Watch (Earling Gardens)
A Cured Jillyfleur Cloak (Clay Tailor Club)

You lose your running battle when you start fishing. So duel Feducci first.

And as a reminder, that I personally forgot, do NOT let your menaces hit the maximums on Mutton Island. It’s far, FAR more punishing than in London proper.

darn shame if i emd up in another boat,thax for the replies!

I there something new? I ignored FotZ for years because its always the same with only little bits about new mayor.
edited by Waterpls on 8/17/2020

[quote=Waterpls]I there something new? I ignored FotZ for year because its always the same with only little bits about new mayor.[/quote]At least last year there were some worthwhile unique items to get, hopefully it’s the same this time.

I already collected the list of (free available) items that have become new usage this year. Besides that, I’m also interested in what’s new, but I’ll think we have to wait a day or two for this information.

The first new thing (at least for me) is, that we’ve got an alternative way to mutton island in stead of using a boat. I will move over later this day, first I want to reduce my menaces.

[quote=Judaspriester]I already collected the (free available) items that have become new usage this year.[/quote]Meaning what? You found the collar already? I’ve only managed the one fishing trip and hand-in so far, haven’t made it to the cove yet.

As my mantelpiece can attest, Mutton Islanders are already petting our Mayor nonconsensually.

This surely means war.

So, there’s a decision you have to make involving the mayor after getting her collar. What have other people chosen?

[quote=Jules Asimov]So, there’s a decision you have to make involving the mayor after getting her collar. What have other people chosen?[/quote]I’m not there yet but if one option is sending her to the serpent’s den then I’m definitely going with that one.

Nah man, it’s way harder than that.

Just to check, do you get her collar by getting a catch and taking it to the usual location of Mutton Island items?

[quote=Hattington]Just to check, do you get her collar by getting a catch and taking it to the usual location of Mutton Island items?[/quote]That’s how it was with the mask last year, IIRC. Reckon you’ll need a decent level of catch for it (mask was 22+), hope the details are on wiki soon. Likewise if it’s like last year you can then re-fish the collar and keep it for its stats.

I think there was a spelling mistake. I meant I collected the list (in my post above), not the items themself. I’ve edited my post in order to make this a little more clear.

I think the collar was 24 - got it on my second trip, but was not truly awake at the time. And I may be WAY off on the number.

There’s also a number that winds up with you owning the collar.

And there are Sun-Seared Silken Goves - Respectable +2, Player of Chess +1.
edited by Snort on 8/17/2020
edited by Snort on 8/17/2020