The Fruits of the Zee Festival 2024

No, the OP states that its both. After 10 are sourced from dives it gets replaced with something else. I only need 5 more to see what the replacement is.

My question was this: whether the skulls retrieved from last year’s dives, already in your inventory, contribute to the 10 skulls cap for this year’s dive.

I am assuming no, as I am guessing the game’s magical algorithms can distinguish between the skulls you obtained this year vs last year (or from other places).

I doubt it knows about any that you collected before. I noticed a new hidden quality on the wiki that was added recently that is most likely tracking just the ones you get now.

For those who did last year’s FoTZ diving, do check the thalassic favours of your collected loot from time to time.

If you already got the full set of equippable items from last year’s FoTZ (or even the years before that): the total thalassic value of them should be 1725.

So if you sell any of those items, be sure your total thalassic value doesn’t go below that, or else that means you are not selling the duplicates of those items, but everything… meaning they no longer exist in your inventory, you cannot equip them.

P.S: Exclude Skulls in Coral from your calculations because they can be used to play in the Bone Market.

For example, you already have 8 Skulls in Coral = 8*125 = 1000 Thalassic favours. And you already have the full set of FoTZ items from last year = 1725 Thalassic favours. So you should make sure that your total Thalassic favour doesn’t go below 2725 next week.

Nope! The calculations ignore items that you don’t have duplicates of.

5 Likes

Really? That’s good to know.

Has anyone played the colossus storyline yet? I got it but haven’t progressed much and am not sure what it’s meant to be doing tbh.

2 Likes

…can I kindly ask how to reach the bride? I’ve delved to the deepest depth(eleven)a couple of times already and haven’t encountered her even once. Is it fate-locked?

She’s on the storylet Her Fivefold Symmetry - Fallen London Wiki not a card.

So when you have got to the bottom that should appear. If it isn’t I would tell FB as you might have a bug.

3 Likes

It’s a storylet at the deepest level rather than a card. Dive to depth 5 and it should be right there (and no, not fate-locked).

1 Like

Well, thank both of you! I will visit her next time I go a diving. Just one thing: is 11 fivefold devotion enough to reach depth 5? I assume so, but I don’t believe in assumptions.

1 Like

Now onto my own question.

How much Thalassic Favour should I aim for? What are you aiming for?

I have all the pieces of coral I need. I visited the Pentamerous Bride once, would like to visit her again, but want to make sure I have enough Favour to buy things before I go that deep again.

If my maths is correct I need 1100 for the items I have missed in previous years (Inquisitive Lamp-cat, Keelgraspers and the Corpulent Carriage and to upgrade my Zub) but there is mention of new items and the ability to buy Samples of Lacreous Affection and Oneiric Pearls plus all the random things you can get.

I just don’t see any mention of how much these new things might cost or how many there might be. Any guesses to what amount of Favour means that I won’t miss out?

3 Likes

Yes 11 is enough to 100% diving to the very bottom (and I believe 11 is also the maximum possible you can get)

2 Likes

Okay then, thank you friend!

1 Like

One point of Thalassic Favour is valued either at 0.1€, if you cash out in random Wrecked Shipments, or 0.05€ if you let it expire into Memories of Distant Shores at the end of the Festival.

We still don’t know which of these two conversion factors is going to be applied for the new items.

In the first case, a Sample of Lacreous Affection would cost 3125 Favour and an Oneiric Pearl 625 Favour.

In the second case, a Sample of Lacreous Affection would cost 6250 Favour and an Oneiric Pearl 1250 Favour.

1 Like

Thankyou. That is a lot of Favour, as there is no use for a Sample of Lacreous Affection (yet!) and I already have a couple from other sources I don’t think I will be buying any. Unless they are heavily discounted:) I’m sure if they are ever given a use there will be another way to get them.

I have 7 Oneiric Pearls from Zee Dreams/Khanate so don’t need any more of those.

So it just how much the new items mentioned will cost and how many of them there will be - which we won’t know until the next stage of this Festival!

I think I will try for somewhere between 3 to 4 thousand favour and hope that is enough, if not there is always next year.

1 Like

I am interested in this as well. Is it actually worth it?

Though alternatively, you can just go up to ten at the cost of having to pass a single 90% check. Fortunately for me, I’m very good at staring the RNG gods down to bow to my will every single time, but of course, you can use the extra few actions if you don’t feel inclined to tempt fate.

3 Likes

I just wanted to say I’m really enjoying the writing, especially for the sea dives. It makes grinding almost a pleasure.

4 Likes

Hm. I’ve been down at the deepest fathom several times, no bride anywhere to be seen. Yay!

Now I’d like to go to London (have 4000 T.F. jic), but seem stuck. Does anybody else have the “can’t leave” problem?
I have my own ship, and the map just shows names of ports, nothing I could click on :no_mouth:

1 Like