The Feast of the Rose - the Lady in Lilac!

And someone’s already sent me a book of fungal love poems! That was fast.

As always, I’m willing to accept new contacts and trade gifts!

[color=#0066ff]For newer players: Look out for the Feast of the Rose opportunity card, which will enable you to build your masquing quality up to 20. That will unlock lots of the potential companions for you![/color]

what will the cost of the two new companions be? is it possible to know?

Greetings all! I do so love exchanging gifts of all kinds, including those purchased with Fate. Unless otherwise specified, I will respond with a gift of equal value. Love is in the air! Yes, that’s what that smell is.

Feel free to send me gifts, I can reciprocate all except the painted cat and the playing card.

I’ll be delighted to exchange non-fated gifts. I have been preparing for the Feast so I am more than able to reciprocate.

EDIT: Thank you for the gifts, everyone! I have all the companions I needed and more than enough gift, so I will not be trading anymore this year.
edited by Arahael on 2/23/2015

well bugger me. this feast has started earlier than i thought! my main is still out at zee, and my alts haven’t done much grinding for their ambitions.

I would like to exchange gifts with new friends too! I might not be able to trade fate gifts tho.
edited by onyhow on 2/13/2015

[color=#0066ff]The Cat’s Chiefest Claw is 10 Masquing, the Nacreous Survivor is 60 Masquing. :)[/color]

Edited: I have more gifts than I can use, please send them elsewhere!
edited by an_ocelot on 2/15/2015

I don’t have very much Fate, so I don’t plan on sending any Fate gifts, but I can probably reciprocate basically everything else unless I get buried under a massive tide of teeth (I may very well end up buried under a massive tide of teeth). If you send me an unsolicited Fate gift I will probably be unable to return the favour, I’m afraid.

I would be happy to exchange gifts with people, but fate-locked MUST be discussed first for reasons of specifications.

As I’ve commented in my signature, I will be most pleased to reciprocate any 1-Masquing gifts with Jars of Teeth; unfortunately I can’t reciprocate anything else except by arrangement. Cheers!

As it has been less than a year since I first ventured down to the 'Neath, I’ve not heard of this &quotFeast of the Rose&quot.

I understand that it is traditional to exchange gifts, but I have only made the acquaintance of a single Londoner so far.

I have no fate, and limited resources, but I should be able to exchange a number of Teeth and/or Liar’s Tongues.

If this is amicable, feel free to send an introduction card to my residence at:

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/jagermiastro

As a person who joined the Neath last year, I also have not heard of the Feast of the Rose.

I am able to exchange a number of teeth or liar’s tongues and am looking forward to making more acquaintances. I may be able to exchange some fate-gifts, but my resources are limited.

Send an introduction card to:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Seon

Well, is it ok if I bury you in tongues and painted cats?

I will try to reciprocate any non-fate gifts, but I won’t be able to send any teeth or playing cards.

Does anyone know if the new Blemmigan Pedant is just something for trading for Masquing, or is this an actual pet/companion?

It is an actual pet. I’m pretty sure it can be traded for masking as well.

[quote=Koenig]Are the inter-player actions needed to finish the feast of the roses? I have Been playing Fallen London for a while now, but have yet to make any friends in the community; if the the festival benefits enough from that then I suppose there is no time better than now to introduce myself.[/quote]Last year I managed to get quite enough Masquing just by playing The Feast of the Rose! card (Ubiquitous frequency), so gifts weren’t needed for any of the 3 or 10 Masquing companions. This year it seems gifts can add 10 points above the 20 points one can get from the card, which would be quite helpful when trying to get one of the companions that cost 40, 60, 80, or 100 Masquing. Thus you really only need friends if you want one of those indirectly Fate-locked companions.

Also, paying 10 Echoes per point of Masquing from a gift is consequently only worth it if you want to help someone get Fate-locked companions, or if the recipient has serious trouble drawing the feast-card. Otherwise it saves a lot of resources to just play the feast-card, and a few of the options are quite profitable even without the Masquing. Still, I suppose it can be fun to send expensive gifts to people. Not everything has to be about the Echoes, right? The Pink-painted Cat may cost 30 Echoes for 2 points of Masquing, but come on, it’s a Pink-painted Cat that’s also a pet! :)

I’ll be saving my precious Fate for more important things though. Much like the last feast. I’m a miser without a moon.

EDIT: As I already had a Pink-Painted Cat from last year, I really don’t feel the need for more such cats. But surely everyone should have at least one.

edited by Gillsing on 2/14/2015