The Feast of the Rose - the Lady in Lilac!

[color=#0066ff]UPDATE: The Lady in Lilac is abroad. Find her in your opportunity deck to surrender rose-gifts and increase your Masquing quality, which will open more opportunities later…[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Love is kind, except when it’s cruel. At this time of year, Fallen Londoners send unexpected gifts to each other. Kind gifts, cruel gifts, and those that are both. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]This year we’re pleased to offer you two new gifts:[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]A Blemmigan Pedant! (Complete with pince-nez)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]An Illicit Volume of Unexpectedly Racy Fungal-Themed Poetry! (It’s all the rage!)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]and two new companions for the season: [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Nacreous Survivor. An outcast even among outcasts.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Cat’s Chiefest Claw. Sharp, dangerous, ambiguously-gendered.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Join the Feast, watch the crowds, or send something special to someone special. Or someone special to something special.[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Make new contacts here for the exchange of rose-gifts, find new friends in these various places:[/color]

[color=#0066ff]Facebook[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Tumblr[/color]
[color=#0066ff]On Twitter, using the tag #FLfeast[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Reddit[/color]
[color=#0066ff]G+[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 2/19/2015

I got all excited, but I don’t see the two new gift options. How are they given?

The same here. Also, will this time around the Perfumed pleasure garden remain a card-only thing? There doesn’t seem to be a storylet in the Carnival like last year.

[color=#0066ff]Take another look; they should be available now![/color]

Feel free to add me if you want to exchange some gifts! This will be my first time participating in this and I’m pretty excited :D

Indeed they are, though the Blemmingan seems to have an interesting requirement set up.

edited by Szadovar on 2/13/2015

Good heavens; I wonder if the Blemmigan Pedant and the Corresponding Ocelot are pen-pals. In any case, happy Feast, all! I have no pressing need of Feast-gifts, and can’t promise to return all that are sent to me (though I might recalculate that once I calculate how much Esther needs to upgrade the Firebrand.)

Indeed they are, though the Blemmingan seems to have an interesting requirement set up.[/quote]

Good thing I refreshed the page before posting the exact same thing.

Are the inter-player actions needed to finish the feast of the roses? I have Been playing Fallen London for a while now, but have yet to make any friends in the community; if the the festival benefits enough from that then I suppose there is no time better than now to introduce myself.

Am am new to the game and enjoying v much. I have become an Exceptional Friend today to help support the game, however is it me or are all the options that I see to take part in the feast involve spending Nex? Or to have been playing the game along time? It seems very unbalance to new players or just like the surface’s Valentines Day - just a consumerist festival. Poor show.[li]
edited by Pogs on 2/13/2015

Oh dear, I don’t think I have the resources to participate in the frenzy this year. I would like to trade some love-poems, though. My hoarding tendencies must be satiated.
Edit: Well, hm, I do have a lot of cryptic clues and intriguing gossip, actually. I’d be up for swapping some tongues and glasses.
edited by Little The on 2/13/2015

My gift pool all dried up! add me Thenecrom
edited by TheNecrom on 2/14/2015

I too, would like to participate in the Feast, but I’m only able to send out non-Nex gifts.

As always, Mathieu will be accepting and giving gifts, as long as his resources hold out (I probably should have looked up the prices beforehand; what I thought was enough was nowhere near enough!)

Not having done much this feast before, I probably won’t invest any Fate into it just yet. But I wouldn’t mind finding a person or two to trade a couple points with. (Even better if they want to stay friends afterward.)

Hmm. This is the first year I’ve been playing FL more than cursorily, so I am not sure if this has been the same last year but all the options (even the non-Nex ones) seem very expensive. The most affordable ones - the Romantic Notions and Cryptic Clue ones - each eat up almost my entire supply. I am not a very advanced player by any means (not even a PoSI) but neither am I a complete beginner (level 70 in 2 stats and approaching 60 in other 2 stats) and basically it seems like I am unlikely to get much from this event. I don’t mind a bit of grinding but combined with the fact that this is presumably a temporary event, I am concerned that I’ll waste a lot of actions and resources and still not have enough masking for anything useful (not to mention that my social network is very sparse so all of this expenditure is not even guaranteed to pay off)…

Can someone advise as to whether this is intended to be a high-level event and so I shouldn’t really waste my resources on it? Or am I missing something?

Delicious friends! I’ll be delighted to exchange gifts. However, please PM me before sending me any fate-locked ones, so that I can check whether I can reciprocate.

My first time at the feast as well, I seem woefully unprepared for the amount of goods this seems to cost, though. I’m happy to grind anything needed to return a favour, though!

[quote=genesis]Hmm. This is the first year I’ve been playing FL more than cursorily, so I am not sure if this has been the same last year but all the options (even the non-Nex ones) seem very expensive. The most affordable ones - the Romantic Notions and Cryptic Clue ones - each eat up almost my entire supply. I am not a very advanced player by any means (not even a PoSI) but neither am I a complete beginner (level 70 in 2 stats and approaching 60 in other 2 stats) and basically it seems like I am unlikely to get much from this event. I don’t mind a bit of grinding but combined with the fact that this is presumably a temporary event, I am concerned that I’ll waste a lot of actions and resources and still not have enough masking for anything useful (not to mention that my social network is very sparse so all of this expenditure is not even guaranteed to pay off)…

Can someone advise as to whether this is intended to be a high-level event and so I shouldn’t really waste my resources on it? Or am I missing something?[/quote]

It is intended as a resource sink. Even high leveled players have to grind constantly to keep up.

I would love to make new acquaintances, and will repay any kindness in… well, in kind…