The Confessions of Notable Londoners

I betrayed them. All of them. ALL of them. And it felt d–n good! :D

I wonder what happens now. Will the betrayals have any consequenced next Hallowmas, I wonder? I hope so. Seems like a perfect story opportunity.

I was moved by the Bishop’s confession. It was honestly the best one out of all of them, in my opinion.

And now I’m torn about whether or not to betray him. Both honoring his trust and betraying it are equally in-character for my Hellfarer. She’s loyal to the Embassy but she has a sentimental streak. I’ll update this post when I’ve decided, ha.

Update: She betrayed him.
edited by Lamea Lawless on 11/2/2015

[quote=Kolanowski]I betrayed them. All of them. ALL of them. And it felt d–n good! :D

I wonder what happens now. Will the betrayals have any consequenced next Hallowmas, I wonder? I hope so. Seems like a perfect story opportunity.[/quote]
But you didn’t echo it?

I don’t think the betrayals will really amount to anything because they didn’t add any particular quality. Getting the confession added one, disposing of it removed it.

I really enjoyed this, though! The Bishop of Southwark is one of my favs.

It’s unlikely that this will only be an option for 48 hours, right? (Like collecting the confessions was). Because I want to at least reciprocate everyone who’s already confessed to me before I move on to anything else.

If you’d like to see the various betrayal texts, my alt Gerald has them here; my own account has most of the honourings (but not all - I think I’m going to keep a couple of them on tenterhooks all year round, if at all possible. I have a poor postman who’s been shivering at my doorstep for almost a year, after all; they’ll be in good company)!

[quote=Lamea Lawless]I was moved by the Bishop’s confession. It was honestly the best one out of all of them, in my opinion.

And now I’m torn about whether or not to betray him. Both honoring his trust and betraying it are equally in-character for my Hellfarer. She’s loyal to the Embassy but she has a sentimental streak. I’ll update this post when I’ve decided, ha.

Update: She betrayed him.[/quote]

My main character could never betray the bishop, but one of my alts did… The writing was haunting, wasn’t it?

My heart broke at the idea of the devils sending him a bouquet of burning roses. Would he recoil in horror and anguish, or be unable to see the roses as anything but beautiful, in spite of everything?

Does keeping the Bishop’s secret hurt your Hell connections? I’m not going to betray him, because RP, but I’d like to know if I should put off the decision till I’m done grinding.

[quote=Zareen Bakara]

My main character could never betray the bishop, but one of my alts did… The writing was haunting, wasn’t it?

My heart broke at the idea of the devils sending him a bouquet of burning roses. Would he recoil in horror and anguish, or be unable to see the roses as anything but beautiful, in spite of everything?

Yeah, it was haunting. That’s a good word for it.

Part of me felt sad, part of me was… hm… satisfied.

It doesn’t

[quote=Lamea Lawless]I was moved by the Bishop’s confession. It was honestly the best one out of all of them, in my opinion.

Update: She betrayed him.
edited by Lamea Lawless on 11/2/2015[/quote]

Being a committed Hellfarer, I could not bring myself to betray him, although the rewards were very tempting. To the gates, man, to the gates!

I kept all of their confessions, as I am a keeper of secrets, and must uphold that honor.

However, I now have the option to “Let them bury their secrets with me” or “Guard the revellers from eavesdroppers.” Any insight on these? They are both matters of luck, and honestly both of them fit my character. Has anyone chosen one or the other?

[quote=Riftare]I kept all of their confessions, as I am a keeper of secrets, and must uphold that honor.

However, I now have the option to &quotLet them bury their secrets with me&quot or &quotGuard the revellers from eavesdroppers.&quot Any insight on these? They are both matters of luck, and honestly both of them fit my character. Has anyone chosen one or the other?[/quote]
These are repeatable options.
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Errors_of_London

Ah! Thank you! Well then, I’ll get to it! Your reply was merely one minute after I posted! An honorable man, you are. Your secrets will be safely consigned to the stones, never to be heard again. I’ll head to my lodgings and address this immediately.

I love the subtle reference to The Gift when you succeed at &quotLet them bury their secrets with you&quot.
edited by upthrust on 11/4/2015

I’m hoping that the total number of people selecting each option is being tracked somewhere and we’ll still see a cool next step for these stories.