The Confessions of Notable Londoners

[color=#ff00cc]Hello, Hallowmass Revellers!

The time for gathering confessions has passed. Now, the time has come to either honour or betray the trust placed in you. If you gathered confessions from notable characters of Fallen London, you now have to make your choice. Look for the Errors of London card, available all throughout London!

[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]The Errors of London:
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]Good secrets are like corpses dumped into the river: once they surface, they draw the attention of inconvenient authorities and wheedling pests.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]Notable Londoners have shared their secrets with you. How will you respond to the inevitable Confession-seekers?[/color]
edited by Cash DeCuir on 11/2/2015

So what happens if you do have a Nacreous Outcast? Is there an alternative option? Hopefully someone can echo it, if so…

Hey, is the box the Genial Magician describes recoverable?

I’m absolutely loving this story structure, not to mention the writing. Can’t wait to meet the rest.

So, the Outcast fell in love with a Lorn-Fluke? Sounds like a prickly relationship. Poor soul.

As a note: accepting any of these Confessions does not add to your Confession counter.
–Mal

[quote=malthaussen]As a note: accepting any of these Confessions does not add to your Confession counter.
–Mal[/quote]
Or at least not to the same one as usual. (it probably will be beneficial, if not in spirit then in material rewards.)

The option and storylet text is different, and less, and the result text is the same. The confession level for having them and not having them are both 1, so those that have the Survivor are unlikely to get different text when consigning. Unlikely, but possible still.

I’m curious to see if we’re going to be getting one each for Whismy and Pride, or if its going to be limited to the non-POSI options

I’m hoping to see a Whimsy and Pride storylet, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Pride’s Confession is the Bandaged Poissonier, and a prideful error it was too! Now I’m on tenterhooks (possibly in The Tenterhooks, Spite) to find out who the Whimsy confessor is. Assuming they’re, like the rest, a Sunless Sea officer and an FBG original, that leaves… the Carnelian Exile, the Brisk Campaigner or… the Monkey Foundling might qualify??

Maybe the Tireless Mechanic or Maybe’s Daughter?

They certainly have their moments of whimsy! I only hesitate because so far we haven’t had any of the Kickstarter backer-designed characters appear as confessors. Although, if we did… who would be who…

The Alarming Scholar, whose curiosity drove them to destroy their own mind… Maybe’s Daughter, whose guileful pursuit of her family’s secrets could leave her forever lost beneath the Bazaar… the Irrepressible Cannoneer, whose delight in violence left them exiled from polite, impolite and just plain weird society… the Merciless Modiste, whose impropriety saw the Set fractured… the Sigil-Ridden Navigator, whose pride in his abilities left him without a ship, a crew and a family… and the Tireless Mechanic, whose whimsical tinkering with ever more abstruse engines tangled him up the schemes of the Bazaar, the Fingerkings, the Khanate and the Rubbery Men!

edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/31/2015

I’d be terribly unsatisfied if the Merciless Modiste gave us a confession that isn’t live from NiteBrite.

Personally speaking, I’d like a confession from Penstock. Or Lilac. &quotI was so solemn serving the Bazaar and something, then I boinked a tiger :D&quot

I really felt sad for the Bishop. Aside, from Feducci, he’s one of the few people that my character would be proud to call “brother”.

Agreed, mostly. I think invading hell always was and will be folly, but i also felt true sympathy for him, especially given what made it go wrong- though i knew invading hell had these kinds of consequences.
edited by Grenem on 10/31/2015

If Lord Scarlett had been in command of the Heavy Brigade, as he was at Balaclava, he would have dispersed those Devils forthwith. Alas, he died in 1871, he must have been much too feeble to charge with them.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 10/31/2015

[quote=malthaussen]If Lord Scarlett had been in command of the Heavy Brigade, as he was at Balaclava, he would have dispersed those Devils forthwith. Alas, he died in 1871, he must have been much too feeble to charge with them.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 10/31/2015[/quote]
Superior weapons, superior bodies and superior numbers, and you still think he would have won? even if he had the powers of those who fade in sunlight, i doubt he could deal with the entire population of hell.

But they were British, Madam!

– Mal

Oh my… that actually made me feel quite sympathetic for the Bishop, and I have been no great fan of him in the past. I’m sure that goodwill will dissolve when the season has passed and he challenges me to an impromptu wrestling match in his office.

I didn’t quite follow what exactly happened.

Was it that the burning rose burned the Bishop, which made him scream from pain, which attracted the attention of the devils? Or was it that merely plucking the rose activated some sort of metaphysical burglar alarm?