The Confessions of Notable Londoners

I understood that the former happened.

[quote=genesis]I didn’t quite follow what exactly happened.

Was it that the burning rose burned the Bishop, which made him scream from pain, which attracted the attention of the devils? Or was it that merely plucking the rose activated some sort of metaphysical burglar alarm?

Plucking the rose made him scream in pain, i think… though that’s worrying in its own way.

[quote=genesis]I didn’t quite follow what exactly happened.

Was it that the burning rose burned the Bishop, which made him scream from pain, which attracted the attention of the devils? Or was it that merely plucking the rose activated some sort of metaphysical burglar alarm?

Now I want a Nevercold Rose… it would make great company with my other plant.

The choices of what to do with these folks’ confessions are now open! So far, Sir Fred’s kept every secret - I wasn’t always sympathetic to the confessors, but a confidence is a confidence. And I took some pleasure in telling the devil to go… home. I’m not entirely sure I understand the final choice, though, and what it implies.

If you mean guarding people and things, it is just a repeatable storylet for you to grind Inklings.

Ahaaaaa. That makes sense; thank you!

Also, I’m more and more convinced that the Haunted Doctor killed March. And… if he was a devoutly Christian, temperance-campaigning coffee trader called John, with offices in the publishing district… that suggests John Cassell of the Working Man’s Friend.

edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 11/2/2015

DragonRidingSorceress kept every confession… so far.

I haven’t decided what to do with the Haunted Doctor. I feel sorry for him, personally, but I do like getting in the way of the Liberation of Night.
edited by dragonridingsorceress on 11/2/2015

There are some interesting rare successes and failures in there. Apparently SOMEONE hasn’t been keeping their gossipy lily sufficiently potted! (glares at light-fingered coffineers)

I kept the Nacreous Outcast’s confession and find the conversation with the Constable quite hilarious. I can just imagine how my character “translated” the confession with a straight face.

I agree that a confidence is a confidence, so I will be betraying no one despite any short-term advantage.
Well, except for poison and dupes, but it’s hardly a betrayal when it’s asked for!

–Mal

So if, say, someone wanted to hinder the Liberation of the Night as much as possible (TEAM MASTERS FOREVER), would it be best to betray the Doctor’s confession, or stay quiet?

Betray it. It will lead to exposing, at least in some small part, the Calendar Council’s identities, their infighting, and their regrettable deeds.

What rewards do you estimate for betraying? has anyone betrayed any of these people yet?

My alt did some betrayal - I think they got double spirit, but that’s about it. The items were near enough the same, or nothing rare enough to justify a betrayal . . . so if you want spirit, best to betray, no noticeable benefit for keeping confidence as of yet.[/quote]
You mean they got 8 instead of 4? interesting… I’ll keep the option in mind. thanks!

I think that, rather, betrayals get half the spirit but double the material rewards.

Oh wow, I really love this!

So only 5 echoes worth of goods? disappointing. I’d only betray the one i really dislike, then… hmm… should i even betray at all? RP means I’m conflicted, otherwise i wouldn’t bother.

4 spirit, 2.50 echoes and a second chance vs 2 spirit, 5 echoes and being a terrible person.

Honestly I expected a bit more out of this

Notably, keeping the Bandaged Poissonier’s confession gave me 5 Moves in the Great Game, I thought those were exclusive to the charitably mysterious bundle, but apparently not.
edited by NotaWalrus on 11/2/2015

None of the charity items are exclusive. Charity items provided exclusive early access to the items that at the time were not widely available.

Betrayal gave better story snippets, though. I was super satisfied by the snippets (and hadn’t realised the material difference in the Outcast’s living conditions for those without it as a companion. ( nooooo))
Like, damn. DEVILS.