That d---able Lady Luck!

Trying to build up my Meritorious Newspaper quality but can’t pull out a meritous card when not given a meritous option. Been pulling cards for two days now.

For me the problem copy was Salacious, which I did last (coincidence?). When working on Meritorious and Outlandish editions, I had no problems getting Salacious copy options. When I wanted a Salacious edition, four days for the first and an additional two for the second.

I was unamused.

Like so many others, Fidgiting Writer.

100 Tales of terror resulted in 1 Coruscating Soul.

My Benefit/action on the story: 23 bloody pence. Waste of time, actions and echos.

My stats for the ‘luck’ checks - before I throw away the spreadsheet ('cause that’s the one and only time I’ll touch a luck based storyline so I don’t need it anymore)

100 TT into 73 Sense of Deja Vu (73%), into 51 Glimpses (70%) into 34 Deals (67%), into 21 (62%) room numbers, into 7 last hopes (33%) into 2 Lenses (28%) into 1 Coruscating Soul (50%)

I came here to vent about the fact that I’ve had 7 weeping scars, 7 memories of chains and only 6 stains on my soul for weeks now (and I’m keeping the card on the number of candles ready)…

And while I was writing the post, I suddenly realized that I’ve forgotten to get back my soul after the last stain.

edited by salirsalisco on 8/7/2012

Well, having returned back to London after goat-grinding on Hunter’s Keep, I decided I’d convert up all my items and see what the storylets are for them. Mainly it’s been so-so in terms of lucky and unlucky results, not many rares (under 10% rare success, I’d say) … and then I move onto Nostalgia items. All I can say is, I must have had some low-grade honey, because I got 1 rare success from 63 attempts! One solitary Stolen Kiss from all those dreams.

Ah well, it’s the luck of the dice. And it makes me grateful that I didn’t decide to farm almost enough and then make up the rest through the rare conversions later. Maybe the romantic notions will be on my side…

Send in a bug report. I’m sure FBG can do something if you’re genuinely upset about it.

Five? No, not five. Five is not the number.

oh god 7 coruscating soul luck check coming up: soon

edited by Spacemarine9 on 9/5/2012
edited by Spacemarine9 on 9/5/2012

[quote=Spacemarine9]oh god 7 coruscating soul luck check coming up: soon
[/quote]

“Pretty good odds” - with a hidden 100% failure rate. Just to taunt us.

[quote=Dave ][quote=Spacemarine9]oh god 7 coruscating soul luck check coming up: soon
[/quote]

“Pretty good odds” - with a hidden 100% failure rate. Just to taunt us.[/quote]
Nah, a success would be no SMEN increase; failure would be a buff in all menaces to 12 or so as well as no SMEN increase.

On the topic of SMEN, I’ve been waiting two goddamn weeks now for the last Mind and the Number card, but I’ve pulled the Soul and the Number about a dozen times with no Cat to play it!
perhaps you could consider this good luck of a sort but psh
EDIT: and now, a day after posting this, i finally pull the Mind and the Number again. complaining about things gets stuff done!
edited by Spacemarine9 on 9/7/2012

While checking my venture tab, I saw that I still had “praising fungus in verse”, so I absent-mind went to veilgarden (I recently came back from prison) and chose “screw this” option for that venture. And my 32 Inspired disappears. because losing 20-something casing by imprisoned is not enough.