That d---able Lady Luck!

search for the name?[/quote]
[b] [color=rgb(0, 0, 204)]DON’T MIND IF I DO![/color][/b]

I’m starting to wonder if the fact that you can find starveling cats in cat-in-a-box packages is a myth… I seem to only get sorrow spiders!

Once I have found my first nemesis, it is my goal to make the packager of sorrow-spiders my next one. I intend to send him a series of large crates containing, alternately, spider-councils and tigers.

Now I’m cursing Lady Luck because I seem unable to get the card that gives me the dirigible schedules…

I had no problems getting the schedule the first time I got sent back to Newgate. In fact, I think it was the first card I drew. I have not been able to get the schedule again since.

I received one Starveling Cat after about three months of diligent swapping – and this is after a year of my husband and me swapping every box we received. By that time I’d already bribed one out of another character, so I immediately sent the Starveling to the kind gent who’d sent me that rare package.

I’ve now got 777, and I’m growing a bit wild-eyed waiting for the next SMEN opportunity card. It’s been a week. It popped up several times when I didn’t know the number of candles, and now that I do, Lady Luck is flipping me the bird.

::grumble grumble:::

I had no problems getting the schedule the first time I got sent back to Newgate. In fact, I think it was the first card I drew. I have not been able to get the schedule again since.[/quote]
I kept fleeing cards for hours, only spending actions when I was about to hit the cap. I got the dirigible schedule when my Suspicion was 1…

On starveling cats, I have the Soul card and the Body card in my “hand”, and I’m waiting for a cat before using the body card, as my wounds are high enough that even failing will make me die…

Now I have all 3 cards looking at me. I just need a Starveling Cat for the Soul card, and then I’ll die to the Body card (and waste the Mind card)…

How many nearly unwrapped cats do you need to actually get a Starveling one? 'cause I’m over 8 wounds (gotta love the horsehead amulet) due to boxed sorrow-spiders…

For me it was about 30 to 1. I’m sending boxes your way and instructing my followers to do the same. Chin up in the meantime!

May I mention the Presumptuous Opportunity card? I was at Zee and had to come back to London to get Fourth City Airags. It’s been weeks now and I did not see that card even once.
edited by salirsalisco on 6/22/2012

Now that a fellow 'neather whose name shall remain secret (unless that individual wishes to reveal itself) has let me case for his starveling cat, I found that it has betrayed me 4 times, when trying to get a Stain on my Soul. I’m out of silk scraps and rats-on-a-stick!

Foul creature!

So after finally getting past the Orphanage, I set out to zee to find Doctor Vaughan. I get there, and it turns out I’m not Respectable enough. Great. So I zail back, pay the Fate for a Yacht, and then zail back again. My Scandal was too high. At this point, I’m ready to scream. I get back, pray a lot, and zail back for what I thought was the last time. It wasn’t. I zailed back to London so I could grind for the ridiculously expensive items she asked for. I mean, twenty Aeolian Screams? Five Whirring Contraptions? Seriously?

If they added a Fate-locked option that let you skip zailing and go straight to your destination, and it cost 5,000 Fate, I’d pay for it every time.

Well, I know know what happens if you accidentally click to sell your lvl 10 plant to the herbologist.

200 jade fragments.

Mr. Pages refuses to come see me despite having the necessary materials for weeks now. Perhaps it tires of my gifts.

Do you have 100+ Proscribed Materials? Even if you’ve got the stuff for the rarer books, he won’t show without the Materials in your inventory.

I have over 1000, which is what I meant by necessary materials.

Just spent all that time increasing Time Passing in Flute Street to 9 so I could get the Rubbery Hound, only to find that I needed 100 Foxfire Candles, and that I can’t access the Bazaar from Flute Street.

I always make sure I have at least one thousand candles due to how fast they are consumed (the Palace Visitor cards, Flute Street, etc). Kind of irritating that the Unfinished Business option for candles is still at 100 while useless stuff like Surface Currency get a boost by becoming a double-action.

Losing a low-risk challenge FOUR TIMES IN A ROW trying to bang - erm - seduce the Barbed Wit. What challenge? My, the only one that requires a whopping 100x Greyfields 1882 EVERY FRIGGIN’ TIME YOU TRY IT, of course. I HATE the Barbed Wit’s friends and I heartily hope the devils will take them all -.-

Ooh! New content! I’ll just head off to Spite . . .

. . . odd, nothing new there. I’ll go try my lodgings . .

Nothing there. Wait, did I actually finish the Kashmir storyline? . . .

Nope. And I’ve been abusing Peppercorn, so I need to build Tales back up to 22 . . .

:-(