Sweethearts of the Rose

This sagacious bluestocking is available for any bold ladies or gentlemen who can brave the pile of half-graded essays that carpets her study! (Character name: jemsweeks, please communicate with me first about fate exchanges, courtship preferred!) touches fan to lips

My character is also most interested in finding a lady to share his underground adventures with. However, he might only be able to afford a rather modest wedding for his love.

Not interested in romance I’m afraid, but I’m all for the Christmas I mean Valentine’s Day spirit. Crossposted from the other thread:

[quote]I can currently afford:

2 playing cards
10 tongues
11 glasses
3 chess pieces

(I’m not sending any cats unless you really want them because they are crazy expensive. If I massacred my entire cryptic clue stock I could maybe send you like 5 in exchange for a 5-Fate gift, I dunno.)

All of this is subject to change; in particular, I have a hoard of proscribed materials I can convert, and prisoner’s honey is readily available. In addition, some people have already sent me things and I need to work out what to repay them with.

I also have 9 Fate, so I can send one of the 5-Fate gifts. I have the doll and the maggot, so I would prefer to receive the heart-cuts in exchange.[/quote]

Maybe I can put the statistics in my signature and update them as needed.

I am perfectly willing to exchange normal gifts, and POSSIBLY fate-gifts (though not without prior arrangement).[li]

As for romance, or even courtship… well, Mr. Kisigar is open to the possibility. He has a bit of a weakness for the gentlemen, but exceptional ladies are welcome to inquire as well. (Aren’t independent characters a pain?)

Eligible Bachelor, rising Brilliant Mind, seeks companion. Interested in exchanging gifts and courtship.

MY character is most interested in finding an intelligent, progressive, modern woman to live out his (possible) eternity with. However, I’m also interested in exchanging gifts, if nothing else.

I would be interested in meeting you, Vess, and your lovely Arieta Znail. If you accept my advances, I am sure you will be delighted to meet my tslkative Polythrene clothing and my Euphonium Miles.

Do not send me non-Fate gifts, because I’m maxed out on Masquing from them and you will waste your resources without benefiting me. Instead, send me a menace reduction action or a chess invite with a request for a non-Fate gift in the message field (I don’t send Pink Painted Cats, they’re more expensive).

If you want to exchange Fate gifts, PM me.

I am completely unaware of these allusions to courtship and marriage. Is that in the spirit of the festival? Is there an advantage for courting? Is my newbishness showing again? Oh, dear.

That said, I would like to chime in and say that I, too, welcome gift exchanges of the non-Fate requiring kind! The name of my profile matches that of this account.

The actual benefits of getting a Player Spouse aren’t really clear yet, because the options to actually finish the marriage are locked until Feb 21st. They are hell of expensive, though, so there’ll almost definitely be some neat things attached (the most expensive one is practically Overgoatine in its scope)

[quote=Little The]Not interested in romance I’m afraid, but I’m all for the Christmas I mean Valentine’s Day spirit. Crossposted from the other thread:

[quote]I can currently afford:

2 playing cards
10 tongues
11 glasses
3 chess pieces

(I’m not sending any cats unless you really want them because they are crazy expensive. If I massacred my entire cryptic clue stock I could maybe send you like 5 in exchange for a 5-Fate gift, I dunno.)

All of this is subject to change; in particular, I have a hoard of proscribed materials I can convert, and prisoner’s honey is readily available. In addition, some people have already sent me things and I need to work out what to repay them with.

I also have 9 Fate, so I can send one of the 5-Fate gifts. I have the doll and the maggot, so I would prefer to receive the heart-cuts in exchange.[/quote]

Maybe I can put the statistics in my signature and update them as needed.[/quote]

I do not care which of the non-Fate gifts I get. I will give you the non-Fate gift you like in exchange (playing cards are cheapest for me, chess pieces dearest, and I agree about painted mogs–too expensive). Thanks!

[li]

Hello everyone! I’m willing to exchange non-fate gifts as well. I’m also tentatively looking for a romance (after a while, my Rubbery Companion doesn’t quite have the same allure a fellow human does). Send me a PM if you are interested!

I believe if I can construct just the right gift basket, perhaps I can win over the heart of the Quiet Deviless. At last!

I need someone to send me 80 masquing worth of fate-locked gifts, in exchange for same (or something else, perhaps, if I have what you want). We can do it 10 at a time to ensure nobody gets ripped off, or if you just send me the whole 80 you have my word, little as I’m sure it’s worth, that I will reciprocate. PM me if interested.

Edit: Trade is complete. Thanks!
edited by Lucrio on 2/16/2014
edited by Lucrio on 2/17/2014

Thank you for the clarification! I’ll keep this in mind as I struggle wildly to gather as many gifts as possible. :o)[li]
edited by Jaime on 2/16/2014[/li][li]
edited by Jaime on 2/16/2014

Humblest still has ample stocks of Buttered Chess Pieces (10 on hand and the materials for several more) and Glasses of Teeth (16 or so!) and is willing to exchange.

(I should clarify: The masquing cap is a cap on your current level, right? Meaning, I’ve exchanged about 22 masquing points of gifts, and then spent ten on the companion I considered essential-- the Presbyterate Diplomat-- leaving me 12. The next time Lilac shows up, I can continue to exchange gifts up to 25, yes? I will of course do the experiment when and if Lilac ever shows up again…)

Having thought about it, I am now willing to exchange some Fate gifts, if anyone is still in that market. This is something of a conscious thank-you to FBG for providing me with entertainment, but I do desire see the fate spent well so I’m interested in diverse BDR objects as well as masquing in for companions. People should PM me if interested. Obviously I will reciprocate if we come to an agreement.

[quote=Humblest]… I’m interested in diverse BDR objects …[/quote]I read in one of the feast threads that this year all the items that give stats (such as BDR) are ‘curiosities’ and can therefore not be equipped/used. In case that’s what you were planning to get.

You misunderstood that post. Equipment is equipment - I’ve seen those old items on people’s profile pages. It’s the new items that are curiosities (with the exception of the Starveling Stole).

[quote=Sara Hysaro]You misunderstood that post. Equipment is equipment - I’ve seen those old items on people’s profile pages. It’s the new items that are curiosities (with the exception of the Starveling Stole).[/quote]Oh. That makes a lot more sense. It was the combination of OPGs, Elene’s and then your post that made me think that it was new curiosity-versions of the old items, since Elene mentioned how it was &quota bit of a pity&quot because they &quotgive a lot of BDR&quot. Perhaps if I had followed OPGs link I wouldn’t have made that mistake.

Reayac is a bachelor, hoping to either exchange gifts or courtship- the choice being entirely yours delicious friends.