Sunlight and Feasting!

I haven’t seen any obvious solutions in my first run-through of the Missing Woman story at Wilmot’s - that said, I failed the luck-based card you can draw while it’s in progress. That said, the whole thing’s full of oblique hints about the Earth and the Sun and Flowerdene and the costermongers and the other side of the River - all of which seem a lot more relevant now than they did when Wilmot’s was first opened.

Yes, I have to say I can barely remember the story over at Wilmot - it seemed beautiful but surreal on previous run-throughs, in the main. Will be good to revisit it with fresh eyes when I have some more actions!

I’ve never pretended to even understand Wilmot’s End
also i mixed up Doing Business at Wilmot’s End and The Missing Woman and wasted all my actions whoops

Yes, Wilmot’s End is PoSI.
[Unlocked with Shadowy 110, A Person of Some Importance 1.] - Urchin at your Lodgings.

There’s a pre-PoSI method to learn the route to Wilmot’s End. There’s a gold-bordered opportunity card to unlock Wilmot’s End, but you need Shadowy 110 and the “A fine piece in the Game” quality to draw it.

I think the “millicent clathermont” option on the Missing Woman storylet only works that one time, though.

unless i am A) missing something (exceedingly likely) or B) that’s not actually the mirrorcatch box hint (also rather likely) i have no idea what to go on, here. maybe an opp. card??? i don’t know if Lilac is still stomping around the streets of London or if she’s gone now.

although the other tweet (which was arguably tweeted today, at like 1am) mentions not trusting Clay Men, and the “Who Is She?” missing woman option is something to do with a clay man too. hrm
might be the actual hint has yet to go out yet. i don’t
edited by Spacemarine9 on 3/6/2013

Oh bother, I’ve been trying to ignore all this, but it’s just too intriguing.

One observation I don’t think anyone’s made yet: the Fallen Londoners who already have a box were described as “very cunning”, not “very lucky”. So I reckon you have to do something obscure or clever, rather than just be in the right place at the right time with the right stats.

It’s remarkable how many different ways to be cunning I can think of when I set my mind to it. Alas, none of them so far has proved to be right.

I had one idea that I believe it’s impossible for me to try, so I’ll throw it to the floor: does anyone here have one of those clay man characters that used to be available as an Easter egg? Because the clay man tweet was today, London time :-)

Cheers
Richard

[quote=Spacemarine9]I think the “millicent clathermont” option on the Missing Woman storylet only works that one time, though.

unless i am A) missing something (exceedingly likely) or B) that’s not actually the mirrorcatch box hint (also rather likely) i have no idea what to go on, here. maybe an opp. card??? i don’t know if Lilac is still stomping around the streets of London or if she’s gone now.

although the other tweet (which was arguably tweeted today, at like 1am) mentions not trusting Clay Men, and the “Who Is She?” missing woman option is something to do with a clay man too. hrm
might be the actual hint has yet to go out yet. i don’t
edited by Spacemarine9 on 3/6/2013[/quote]

Lilac’s still here; I just got the card again a few hours ago. Not that I have a use for it; I can’t cash in my remaining gifts for more Masquing (they’re affected by the caps), and I don’t want the Pets I can still afford.

Just got the Cheery Man card. Relevant text:

“I’ve found a way to bring in sunlight. The trick’s in the boxes. Paid off Mr Fires. But it’s a long way down and sunlight doesn’t last… so I thought, why not cut it with moonlight? Hard to tell the difference, down here. Has some funny effects, a’course, but I’m lookin’ into that. Could be useful in its own right.”

Ohhh, when you say it like that…! forehead slap It seems kinda obvious when you think about it… Shadowy is the “cunning” attribute. So what’s “very cunning”? Shadowy at 70+? 90+? 110+? Do we really have to set up tents at Wilmot’s End?

Alexis’ wording was a bit offbeat; I should have taken more notice:
"11 very cunning Fallen Londoners have one, but they’re wisely not publicising the fact.

Happy March, everyone.[color=FFFFFF]"[/color]

March is part of the Calendar Council. He can be made happy when you help the Affluent Photographer! If I’m gonna over-analyze everything he’s posted, then I might as well suggest that we hunt down the Affluent Photographer, side with her, and don Anarchist Sable while whispering “Happy March?!” to every passing spy in Wilmot’s End. Maybe we need some Patent Scrutinizers and to draw the right opportunity card, too.

Meh, maybe I’m just reading into it too much. I relish none of these thoughts.

I feel terribly cut off from all this T.T

Anyway, IF the relevant clue in the Echo Bazaar Twitter was the one referring to Clathermont, it could hint either to the Tattoo Parlor storyline or to Wilmot’s End. Except that currently I can’t check anything 'cause I’m at Zee.

[quote=Echo Bazaar @EchoBazaar ]
Beneath the Stolen River, hats lie forgotten. Only their eyes betray them.[/quote]

huh, ok. i uh, don’t think that’s a hint

but i could be wrong

I don’t think that’s a hint either. I think that’s Alexis being silly :)

sometimes it is hard to tell, admittedly
edited by Spacemarine9 on 3/6/2013

Unless it’s a reference to a rare card on the slow boat!

EDIT: Actually, having never died I don’t know if the boat even has cards, heh…
edited by The Incorrigible Raconteur on 3/6/2013

One of my wild theories was that the river in the box somehow tied into the dark river, but after spending a few hours there, I didn’t see anything of interest. Of course, it could be an uncommon opportunity card, and I just didn’t get lucky.

Alternatively, hats with eyes could be a reference to Extraordinary/Exceptional Hats, which (given the existence of the Semiotic Monocle) are presumably fairly uncommon, so a storylet requiring their ownership would pass unnoticed by most. (The Unfinished Hat, being a pet, perhaps doesn’t count.)

Since this one feels like Alexis is just messing with us, however, I’m not particularly eager to spend the 430E+ just to check.

One of my wild theories was that the river in the box somehow tied into the dark river, but after spending a few hours there, I didn’t see anything of interest. Of course, it could be an uncommon opportunity card, and I just didn’t get lucky.

Alternatively, hats with eyes could be a reference to Extraordinary/Exceptional Hats, which (given the existence of the Semiotic Monocle) are presumably fairly uncommon, so a storylet requiring their ownership would pass unnoticed by most. (The Unfinished Hat, being a pet, perhaps doesn’t count.)

Since this one feels like Alexis is just messing with us, however, I’m not particularly eager to spend the 430E+ just to check.[/quote]

I own both an Extraordinary Hat and a Semiotic Monocle, and having those items has opened no storylets about the River in a Box to date.

another hint tomorrow, apparently. I’m pretty sure the hint was the Clathermont one, to be honest, but I dunno. Wilmot’s End has yet to show up with anything… still banking on it being something unlocked with A Missing Woman 3

@EchoBazaar:One of the things we said today was a clue: assistance in the matter of finding Mirrorcatch Boxes. So will another tomorrow.

Well, considering there won’t be any more relevant Tweets for tonight, I’m still quite convinced that the tweet mentioning Clathermont was the right one. Either that or the one mentioning the Clay Men - incidentally, they both could point to Wilmot’s End.

EDIT: “Assistance in finding Mirrorcatch Boxes”? I thought it was a hint to help people who already had one… Gotta come back to London at once!
edited by streetfelineblue on 3/6/2013

[quote=streetfelineblue]@EchoBazaar:One of the things we said today was a clue: assistance in the matter of finding Mirrorcatch Boxes. So will another tomorrow.

Well, considering there won’t be any more relevant Tweets for tonight, I’m still quite convinced that the tweet mentioning Clathermont was the right one. Either that or the one mentioning the Clay Men - incidentally, they both could point to Wilmot’s End.[/quote]

Which is why I’m inclined to believe that neither is right, and it’s the one about hats. We’re expecting to see Clathermont, because of his appearance at the Feast: dropping his name would be the most likely to direct us down an obfuscated cul-de-sac.