Sunlight and Feasting!

[quote=The Incorrigible Raconteur][quote=streetfelineblue]@EchoBazaar:One of the things we said today was a clue: assistance in the matter of finding Mirrorcatch Boxes. So will another tomorrow.

Well, considering there won’t be any more relevant Tweets for tonight, I’m still quite convinced that the tweet mentioning Clathermont was the right one. Either that or the one mentioning the Clay Men - incidentally, they both could point to Wilmot’s End.[/quote]

Which is why I’m inclined to believe that neither is right, and it’s the one about hats. We’re expecting to see Clathermont, because of his appearance at the Feast: dropping his name would be the most likely to direct us down an obfuscated cul-de-sac.[/quote]

Wine in front of me?

I guess that means its time to get the fishing nets out and go trawling for hats, then. Hats have eyes, eyes see things, mirrors are things, hats see mirrors.

Well my alt just played through the Millicent Clathermont story in Wilmot’s end - no change there

“Best not tell him yet”

A long pause. The sound of rain on copper. He says, ‘So, you say she’s alive? But someone has taken a great deal of trouble to suggest that she is dead. Interesting. She’s probably heading to the Surface. The Masters will be displeased. She knows some rather… potent tattoos. And I agree that we can’t tell Mr Clathermont just yet. Bad for business. Who knows, perhaps she’ll return before we need to tell him.’

[The story of the Clathermonts will continue shortly.]

and I didn’t see any new options while doing a Search for a Missing Woman.

[quote=The Incorrigible Raconteur][quote=streetfelineblue]@EchoBazaar:One of the things we said today was a clue: assistance in the matter of finding Mirrorcatch Boxes. So will another tomorrow.

Well, considering there won’t be any more relevant Tweets for tonight, I’m still quite convinced that the tweet mentioning Clathermont was the right one. Either that or the one mentioning the Clay Men - incidentally, they both could point to Wilmot’s End.[/quote]

Which is why I’m inclined to believe that neither is right, and it’s the one about hats. We’re expecting to see Clathermont, because of his appearance at the Feast: dropping his name would be the most likely to direct us down an obfuscated cul-de-sac.[/quote]

But I fail to see what location could the hats one point to. There is no way to fish for hats near the Stolen River that I know of T.T That’s why I was thinking about what location could be described in the tweets (at first I had thought that the one mentioning the Exceptional Rose could point to the Shuttered Palace).

[quote=streetfelineblue]

But I fail to see what location could the hats one point to. There is no way to fish for hats near the Stolen River that I know of T.T That’s why I was thinking about what location could be described in the tweets (at first I had thought that the one mentioning the Exceptional Rose could point to the Shuttered Palace).[/quote]

My thoughts turn to the slow boat, or the Docks. Then again, Mrs Plenty’s Carnival has the Beneath the Neath ride, which I suppose in a very literal sense would take you beneath the Stolen River…

[quote=The Incorrigible Raconteur]

My thoughts turn to the slow boat, or the Docks. Then again, Mrs Plenty’s Carnival has the Beneath the Neath ride, which I suppose in a very literal sense would take you beneath the Stolen River…[/quote]

If it’s the Slow Boat I pass, I have no intention to die, at least yet ^^

I didn’t think of the Docks, thought when I went there to take Zee I didn’t notice anything special.

I’ve been dead a couple times recently, I really doubt anything related to the Mirrorcatch Box was there. Didn’t see anything amid card drawing and chess mastery. Still probably something to do with the Cheery Man and maybe the Calendar Council. And possibly Mr Fires as well. And hell, Lilac and Clathermont might be involved too. Or maybe some clay men. Or maybe hats.

I just hope whatever hint presents itself tomorrow is a little less cryptic
but what are the chances of that?

Hah! Indeed. Today’s clue - whichever of the tweets it was - is about as useful as saying ‘play the game and eventually you’ll come across a mirrorcatch box’, arf. I wonder if Alexis has ever thought of a new career as a cryptic crossword setter…

honestly that’d probably just result in scores of readers maiming themselves to get a hint at a clue at a guess at seven down

Those who are British, and moreover of a certain age, might remember a TV show called 3-2-1. That’s what this thread suddenly reminds me of.

But I’ll abandon that thought there, because I have cast Alexis as Ted Rogers, which is rude.

On a point of order, the slow boat floats down the Silent River. The Stolen River is the one they used to call the Thames.

I really, really shouldn’t be spending time on this.

:) Mind you, I am learning how to do cryptic crosswords and sometimes trying to finish one is about as much fun as stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty fork, so I don’t know what that says about me.

Those who are British, and moreover of a certain age, might remember a TV show called 3-2-1. That’s what this thread suddenly reminds me of.

But I’ll abandon that thought there, because I have cast Alexis as Ted Rogers, which is rude.

On a point of order, the slow boat floats down the Silent River. The Stolen River is the one they used to call the Thames.

I really, really shouldn’t be spending time on this.[/quote]

Yeeeeeeeah, it was the closest I could think of though, ha.

[quote=The Incorrigible Raconteur][quote=streetfelineblue]

But I fail to see what location could the hats one point to. There is no way to fish for hats near the Stolen River that I know of T.T That’s why I was thinking about what location could be described in the tweets (at first I had thought that the one mentioning the Exceptional Rose could point to the Shuttered Palace).[/quote]

My thoughts turn to the slow boat, or the Docks. Then again, Mrs Plenty’s Carnival has the Beneath the Neath ride, which I suppose in a very literal sense would take you beneath the Stolen River…[/quote]
I rode both options for beneath the neath with my alt today, and nothing. That being said, my alt is not a PoSI and my main account is at zee.

:) Mind you, I am learning how to do cryptic crosswords and sometimes trying to finish one is about as much fun as stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty fork, so I don’t know what that says about me.[/quote]

…I think the most revealing part of the sentence is the implication that you know how it feels to have an eye stabbed with a rusty fork XDDD

:) Mind you, I am learning how to do cryptic crosswords and sometimes trying to finish one is about as much fun as stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty fork, so I don’t know what that says about me.[/quote]

…I think the most revealing part of the sentence is the implication that you know how it feels to have an eye stabbed with a rusty fork XDDD[/quote]

She’s probably Seeking the Name.

grin I have a vivid imagination! And, er - cough - I may be seeking a certain name, yes… as well as an elusive box!

OK, one last thing I’ve been puzzling over, and then I really am going to stop.

“If you keep her from me, you may regret it more.”

When did the Bazaar ever say “me”? It’s always “us”. That must signify… er, something.

[quote=Richard ]OK, one last thing I’ve been puzzling over, and then I really am going to stop.

“If you keep her from me, you may regret it more.”

When did the Bazaar ever say “me”? It’s always “us”. That must signify… er, something.[/quote]

Perhaps it is a Master tweeting?

Nothing seems to be in the foreign office, and the “Mirrors and Clay” card doesn’t do anything new, unless the Mirror-catch box is maybe a rare success…

Anyone checked things to do with drownies?