SunlessSea/FallenLondon rebuilt in Minecraft

So - me and a mate started building SunlessSea/FallenLondon in minecraft:

Has this been done before?
Are there interested people who want to build, too?
Is there any decent map of London or is that left for artistic freedom?
edited by RaptorTwitch on 2/19/2015
edited by RaptorTwitch on 2/19/2015

meta.

I am in awe.

Indeed, the pictures are a wee bit too big for me, but the concept and the art itself is awesome! Well done, and good luck with the rest! I can’t wait to see it.

I have no idea what on earth is wrong with those picture urls but they are unwieldy in the extreme! First put them in spoiler tags, then in the first img [box] insert img=xxx and height= xxx and try making it look better. so [img width=xxx height=xxx] then the finisher after the url.

Example below:

----

edited by Owen Wulf on 2/19/2015

this is a thing of beauty

[quote=Owen Wulf]I have no idea what on earth is wrong with those picture urls but they are unwieldy in the extreme! First put them in spoiler tags, then in the first img [box] insert img=xxx and height= xxx and try making it look better. so [img width=xxx height=xxx] then the finisher after the url.
[/quote]

Thanks - thats better is it.

Does anybody know exactly what Watchmaker’s Hill is supposed to be (for over a year I missread Mill ^^)
Is it a pub for hunters or something like that?

Wow this is super impressive. Keep us updated as your progress, looking forward to seeing how things turn out!

Is there some MC mod, maybe a FTB pack out there, that adds real boats? I know there are plenty of plane and train mods.

That would be Flan’s Mod - but I would like to keep it vanilla to - maybe - refunction it into a AdventureMap with teleports as boat-trips.

Here are some new pictures:

Nice.
edited by Jascob on 2/19/2015

The Department of Menace Eradication - Under Construction
Is really nobody interested in building London? ^^

edited by RaptorTwitch on 2/21/2015

For maps the only one I know of is the one in Fallen .

Which admittedly is basically a slightly altered stylized map of the actual real life city.

[quote=RaptorTwitch]Does anybody know exactly what Watchmaker’s Hill is supposed to be (for over a year I missread Mill ^^)
Is it a pub for hunters or something like that?[/quote]

Watchmaker’s Hill is Greenwich Park and the Royal Observatory. It’s called &quotWatchmaker’s Hill&quot because of John Harrison. I imagine the Department of Menace Eradication is there because the menaces often come up from Bugsby’s Marshes. I don’t know who or what Bugsby’s Marshes are a reference to.

Bugsby’s Marshes are Bugsby’s Marshes :P

I guess the name was neathy enough to begin with so they left it :P Presumably it is not crawling with fungus monsters irl.

Also this thread has more stuff about mapping Fallen London to real London: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic5647-mapping-fallen-london--spoilers-of-a-sort.aspx
edited by WormApotheote on 2/21/2015

Gracias!

I would join you but a) I fear I would lose my entire life to minecraft and b) I have already lost it mostly to Sunless Seas.