A further question: from the Diabolical Pack upwards, it appears that backers will have access to 2 copies of Sunless Skies and 2 Kickstarter-exclusive scouts. My question is whether the 2nd copy of Sunless Skies can be gifted to a friend, and if so, will that person receive the 2nd Kickstarter-exclusive Scout as well?
I have a friend who wishes he could back Sunless Skies but can’t due to financial constraints, so I figured that if I got the Diabolical Pack, I could gift him base game plus the Scout. Would be cool if he could get the Mascot as well, but given that the Diabolical Pack seems to include just the one Mascot, I assume that isn’t the case? edited by EdmondDantes on 1/29/2017
[color=#0066ff]I’m not sure why we’d tie it to someone’s level of activity on social media - have you seen another studio doing that? At most we would tweet to let backers know that there’s an opportunity to get involved with the beta, but given that we have Kickstarter messaging to communicate to backers, we’ll mostly use that.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The idea is that everyone who gets a copy of the game through the Kickstarter, either by backing directly or receiving a gift, gets a copy that has the Kickstarter exclusive Scout. The Mascot is at a higher tier, so it’s just for the backer.[/color]
Unfortunately, I have. Needless to say, I wasn’t very happy with the attempted forcing of followers and likes and whatnot to inflate their social media accounts with otherwise paid-for products held hostage.
Will the T-shirt be a kickstarter exclusive or will it eventually come to the failbetter shop? Also, will the game be for every OS eventually, like Sunless Sea? Finally, if Drownies are those who believe they have drowned, what do you call those who believe they have been exposed to vacuum?
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Ah, well. We wouldn’t tie that to beta access. But we do have some social goals related to people following us, because some backers are happy to do it and others can’t back at all, but can follow us to contribute. :)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Probably not, because we haven’t yet signed contracts with our composer to also do Sunless Skies. They’re available on bandcamp anyhow though![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The t-shirt is exclusive to the campaign. The game will be for Mac, Windows and Linux at release. (Don’t ask me, I’m not a writer, I have gone halfway to ground trying to finish this Kickstarter, and would only say something stupid like what you’re all thinking.)[/color]
I’m not enthusiastic about it, unsurprisingly, but still very, very grateful that each individual backer does not have to participate in order to gain this.
I occasionally do silly things for fun (such as the Valen^H^H^H^H^HFotER card to Mr. Eaten last year, but I dislike the idea of having to personally participate in a social media event to get items. Thanks for taking the time to clarify things for this curmudgeon.
After the Kickstarter is formally started, we should make a thread, under the Sunless Skies section, to share out Master costumes in order to meet the social media goal. I don’t exactly have 11 cloaks or 11 friends, so we ought to share our photos on the thread and edit them together to get the 7 pictures of 11 Masters. I have costume pieces of Wines, Pages, and Veils lined up for this weekend.
I think that they would. The Kickstarter says you can collaborate via digital means, but digital group entries must fit into one photograph, probably like a collage, and individuals can only take part in one submission.
I love Sunless Sea. It’s one of my current favorites. :) I really want to back Sunless Skies and I was wondering if there is a possibility to add another tier between 30 and 60 that will include a t-shirt instead of a second copy of the game? I 'm on tight budget and i can’t afford 75. edited by mindraven on 2/1/2017
[color=#0066ff]Yes, please be mindful of the stipulations - the idea is to ensure that 77 people get involved, not 11 people with different props. :)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Sadly not. The cost of fulfilling the t-shirt (hand screenprinting, packing, postage) means their tier has to be at that price or we actually don’t keep very much of it for development costs.[/color]
Hi!
Any chance that, as soon as you achieved the 100000£ Kickstarter goal, you make paypal backing possible.
I really would like to back Sunless Skies (and don’t miss out on content again like with Sunless sea which i bought as it was released, because i missed your kickstarter, shame on me i know ^^, bought Zubmariner the day it came out too) but do not own a Credit Card so everytime there is a Kickstarter (or FIG) Campaign which i’m interested in i need to wait and hope that they will make it possible to back them via paypal.
Hope it is possible for you.
Keep up the good work, really really loved Sunless Sea and Zubmariner.
Thanks