Sunless Skies Kickstarter Preview

You have my axe.
And probably some of my money, as well.

I look forward to it all.

I’m so happy the project is doing so well! Backed, and working on some social stuff right now. FBG deserve all the success that comes their way!

Gosh all the limited rewards are gone and over £60,000 pledged already.

I’m really looking forward to seeing this game.

Can the Correspondence sigil picture (for the social challenge) be e-mailed, or must it be tweeted?

At the time of this edit the kickstarter has comfortably achieved its goal - congratulations, I am happy I could help and am looking forward to Sunless Skies
edited by Zarrg on 2/1/2017

Apologies if this has been asked already - if so I did not see it.

As someone without a credit card is their plans for paypal backing to be an option?

I asked that 5 posts above you. ;)
Really hope there will be a paypal backing possibility.

$500 to have a Correspondence Sigil created.

Of course they’re all gone within the hour. Hmph. Here’s to hoping Backerkit allows for the Sigil as an added bonus.

Alright, I did my part. Congratulations on the 111k so far!

Grats FBG on a successful funding on day one!

I will certainly back this game when a possible paypal option is available, like the previous people in this thread mentioned.
edited by Lestaroth on 2/1/2017

Better get some stretch goals in place ASAP :)

Wow - this is (almost) unbelievable. Only just came home and took a look at how it’s standing - goal achieved on Day 1! Amazing! Glad I wasn’t going for one of the limited rewards ;)

the time it took me to read the whole KS page, the money count increased by 2k. I’m amazed.

unfortunatly, I can only afford to get the early access :(

So, i’ve read your newest Update and the Faq and i’m really sad that there won’t be a possibility to back you via paypal.
I can understand that it would be a hard thing to make on your own but, as many really really really Successfull Kickstarter Games get asked and some of them provieded paypal support, some things changed.
There is now, for instance a service named crowdox ( https://crowdox.com/ ) in which you can setup a possibility to be backed via paypal and have evrything in line (even backer updates from kickstarter can be send to those crowdox backer, so no need of fiddeling with a list or something else).

As a recent project which went that way, Wasteland 3 got not only $3,121,716 through FIG but also $250,000 through crowdox paypal funding.

As you can see there are many people here which want to back you, but can’t , so i think the effort to set a crowdox-backing possibility up, would be really worthwhile.
Don’t compare the Sunless Skies Kickstarter Campaign to the Sunless Sea Kickstarter Campaign, as you can see your really really great Game Sunless Sea has brought you many praise and trust.

So, please consider a not so cumbersome way (like crowdox) to make it possible for us Non-Creditcard Backer to back you.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

May I suggest including the FL rewards from previous Failbetter Kickstarters as social rewards or in the higher tiers as a bonus? You could survey those backers to get their blessing as you did with the Pirate Poet and Cladery Heir Sunless Sea Kickstarter exclusives. It doesn’t take resources away from Sunless Skies and would be a nice gesture to those backers who want FL rewards.

So, i do understand that there will be no paypal pledge possibility (which is very sad, i think you would have get many backers through that), but will there be a possibility after the Campaign is done, that we can buy the T-Shirt merchandise?
Perhaps if you go for Early Access make it possible to get a T-Shirt too?

Its really really sad that i want to back you but can’t because i have no Credit Card and missing out on Stuff (Ingame but also sometimes Collectors stuff) is even worse.

I hope you could give at least a possibilty for the paypal-people to get some of the stuff from the Campaign.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

So, ah, what are the specs on this? What computers will it run on? How good an OS is necessary? Is it PC only?

If anyone else has asked this yet, I’ve missed it.

Last I heard, it was too early to tell.

&quotExplore a universe steeped in celestial horror and ravaged by Victorian ambition in this literary RPG for PC, Mac and Linux.&quot

Aaaaah, it’s good to be back! Sunless Skies were what I neededto get back from hiatus that was somewhat self-imposed (in Fallen London and Sea respectively). I backed the project and I am really excited to see it come to fruition. Just to clarify: will both copies of game have access to Early Access when it starts?

Putting this here as a reminder since, as we know, messengers and their messages often get lost:

[quote=Failbetter Games]Hello, wonderful backer friends!
We’ll keep it brief: we are awaiting 128 survey responses before we can start printing the fabulous Murgatroyd’s Sky Suits t-shirts.
If you haven’t completed your survey, please do so just as soon as you can![/quote]
If you’re a backer eligible for the t-shirt and haven’t seen this email (or the previous one), maybe check your spam folder? :)