Sunless Sea on 2021 MacBook Pro

I’ve just moved to a new 16in MacBook Pro, and just wanted to note in case anyone else is trying to run Sunless Sea, it does work, but there are a few issues but with a workaround:

Windowed mode doesn’t work very well, as the smallest resolution which can be selected creates a window that is bigger than the screen, so you can’t see all the content.

Full screen also is problematic, as the top bit of the content gets cut off. However, there does seem to be a workaround for this: if you find the Sunless Sea app in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sunless Sea and then do Get Info on it, there is an option ‘Scale to fit below built-in camera’. This then allows you to see all the content, at the cost of a slight additional blur.
edited by zandev on 11/16/2021

1 Like

Thank you for this! I had huge issues initially with display - at one point I had to uninstall/reinstall the game entirely because it was only showing the upper left of the options screen and nothing could be selected. I’ve since been playing in Windowed mode at the smallest resolution and it works fine, though the border is annoying. Will try your suggestion.

Perhaps Mr. Apples did not care for which destination you intended to zail?

2 Likes