Sunless Sea is now available on iPad

[color=#cc0099]Sunless Sea is now available on iPad!

Explore the Unterzee with a simple tap of the finger. We’ve teamed up with BlitWorks (known for mobile versions of Invisible Inc., Don’t Starve, Broken Age and Bastion, among others) for development and adapted the game’s mechanics for touch controls.

Features:

• The same deep, compelling world packed with 350,000+ words of stories and secrets. Find your father’s bones. Determine London’s destiny. Defy the gods of the deep sea![/li][li]Two touch-screen control systems available, which you can switch between at any time from the settings menu.[/li][li]Auto-firing: while in combat, your firing solution will fill up over time as normal. When it reaches maximum, it will automatically launch a projectile at the enemy in front of you.[/li][li]Achievements available through Apple’s Game Center [/li][li]Sunless Sea is available for $9.99 / £9.99. It requires iOS8+ and will be compatible with iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 or higher.

If you come across any bugs on the Unterzee, please email them to sunlessmobile@failbettergames.com.[/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 3/23/2017

Great news! Does it need internet access like Fallen London?

[color=#cc0099]Nope! You can play it offline.[/color]

Does this include Zubmariner?

Questions: First, can we expect an Android version at some point in the future? Second, will this auto fire feature be implemented for PC versions of the game as well?
edited by JinZah on 3/23/2017

I think that Failbetter said that they won’t bring zubmariner on the IPad version(though I may be wrong).

[color=#cc0099]To answer a few of your questions:

• Android? No current plans, but if that changes we will be sure to announce it[/li][li]Zubmariner? The expansion is not included in the standalone iPad port[/li][li]Implementing auto-firing into PC version? Unlikely, as changes like these were made specifically for the touch control systems in the iPad version

edited by Absintheuse on 3/24/2017

Do Steam players need to buy the game again on iPad in order to play? And would we be able to switch between the same games on Steam/iPad, or will those be 2 completely different instances/games?

I’ve been playing on Steam and really looking forward to taking the game where I go with me on my iPad but right now the game costs 8 times what I bought it on Steam for, and that’s a little too steep for me if the games aren’t connectable between the accounts.
edited by focket on 3/24/2017

[color=#cc0099]The iPad port is completely standalone from the Steam version, so you cannot share saves between the two. And yes, you would have to buy it again on iPad.[/color]

How do you slow the ship to 1 speed? It only seems to be 2 speed forward or reverse.

[color=#cc0099]In the iPad version, there are only three speeds: one reverse speed, stasis and one forwards speed (essentially -2, 0 and 2).

This does not affect the speed penalty where if you have too few crew members you can only travel at half-speed.[/color]

[color=#cc0099]In the iPad version, there are only three speeds: one reverse speed, stasis and one forwards speed (essentially -2, 0 and 2).

This does not affect the speed penalty where if you have too few crew members you can only travel at half-speed.[/color][/quote]

Thanks! One more question. Is the pirate poet and cladery heir in iOS version?
edited by Frogger on 3/30/2017

Am absolutely loving this and play Sunless Sea a lot more frequently than I used to.

However…I can’t seem to get the sound working. Is anybody else having problems with that?

I’m getting crashes every so often. Happily one occurred after I sailed off the map so I’m glad to be spared the scars.

This may have already been asked but does this version have all the added stories from the PC version? Is there a chance for the Zubmariner content as DLC?

[quote=Sarah Slade]Am absolutely loving this and play Sunless Sea a lot more frequently than I used to.

However…I can’t seem to get the sound working. Is anybody else having problems with that?[/quote]

[color=#cc0099]Hello! If you message sunlessmobile@failbettergames.com about this, someone on our team can look into this issue. Thank you![/color]

[color=#cc0099]The iPad version of Sunless Sea does not include the Zubmariner expansion, or the Cladery Heir / Pirate Poet stories (these weren’t part of the base game of Sunless Sea while we were developing the iPad version). There are no current plans to add the above to the iPad version of the game, but if that changes, we will be sure to announce it.

Also if you experience any freezes or bugs, we’d love to hear about it. If you email sunlessmobile@failbettergames.com along with your device model, and what you experienced, that would be wonderful. Thank you![/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 4/4/2017

Is there a way to hook up my Fallen London-related content (e.g. I have Sunless Sea: Advice for the Navigator and Sunless Sea: Supping with Kittens)?

I am in Fallen London, able to shop etc., but I see no way to repair my hull. If figuring out how to get repairs is part of the puzzle, don’t tell me.

Edit:

O-Ho! Solved.

Hint for anyone else: if you can see London in the story tab, you can make repairs.
edited by BetweenTwoParks on 4/11/2017

[color=#cc0099]Sunless Sea on iPad has received its first update! Fixes in Version 1.1 include:

• landscape screen rotation now in, at the request of many players!
  • music playing on your device will now override in-game music, so you can set your own soundtrack to the Unterzee
  • scrolling optimised to reduce occasional choppiness
  • notifications bug where text would run off-screen now fixed[/color]