Summary of loose ends and unresolved stories

[quote=Optimatum][quote=Cecil Palmer]
Noctural Visitor to the Palace gets mentioned once in The Gift, and it doesn’t touch your Visitor quality.[/quote]

Iirc at some point in the gift there were a couple different ways to proceed and one was by having a certain level of Nocturnal Visitor. Unless you mean that it didn’t change the level.[/quote]

That is precisely what I mean. I think you get stockings out of it. Hang on, I’ll check. Yes. Yes you do. It requires Visitor 3 gives you progress, stockings, and a journal of infamy. It also says the room is long vacant, which doesn’t match up with the Visitor card but shrug

EDIT: We got a revist to A Conundrum of Cavies! A SS access code I think it was?
edited by Cecil on 9/13/2015

Added “Noise” to section D, as I think it’s intended to be a Menace but currently doesn’t do anything.

I don’t see on the list the Impossible! non-profession/specialization option on the Unsigned Message card.

It’s under the unaccessed qualities section. Some things fall under more than one category and I wanted to avoid duplication since the list is quite long as is.

I’d suggest clarifying that then, as tier 5 professions (which I assume is what you mean) doesn’t implicitly suggest that option is relevant.

And we now have Ticket to Apis Meet, so that can be removed from the list.

In the meantime, while exploring low level content I’ve come across a few more useless (as far as I can see qualities): Quarry’s Savagery and Quarry: Wariness.

Also I’ve noticed that the Bat with Attitude claims to have uses in its description and yet none are known so far.

With the latest announcement, I’ve removed player divorce from the list.

Love your work, Genesis. ^_^

This needs to be updated for the return of Seeking and the Tomb Colonies, Docks, and Rubbery conversions.

Thanks for the bump, Parelle! I was actually thinking the same last night.

I’ve made the changes you’ve suggested.

I’ve also added the Renown items for the factions that have already been implemented. Also during Making the Name changeover Chris had said that all 4 “school” major laterals will have permanent storylets when the changeover is complete. But we are still missing Shadowy and Dangerous ones so I added those too.

Finally, I removed “Quarry: Wariness” because the Wiki is wrong and in fact it’s used. I’ve kept “Quarry’s Savagery” for now but I suspect it is in fact being used but just for affecting difficulty levels so it’s hard to verify. Something to test in due course…

The &quotThere’s definitely something in it&quot option on &quotA Theosophistical Decision&quot is now marked as Impossible!.

This means two things: 1) Update to the list!, 2) Maybe maybe maybe that storyline is being reworked

ETA: General tidying up and updating of the list. Added more things we know to expect: notability/fate/marriage social actions, Costs, sunless sea tie-ins, Elder Continent/Parabola Maps. Tidied up some duplication (where an Impossible! unlock implies a continuation of some storyline). Removed some things that are now in the game (e.g. NORTH at Sea).

Does anyone know anything about the alleged availability of Silas outside Christmas? It was something I saw once a long time ago on St Arthurs Candle but haven’t seen anything else mentioned about it. I wonder if it should be on the list really…

ETA2: Added Knife and Candle
edited by genesis on 11/18/2016

The Impossible! contract for Something from the Roof is no longer visible.

I did hear something once in passing about mumble mumble Silas Enigma mumble. I haven’t found any mentions of anything anywhere since.

Whoop, whoop! Renown items from Criminals, Tombs and Docks - another items gets ticked off.

Thank you, updated.

ETA: Added Honoured with a Statue and the Newspaper qualities (Defender of Truth, Cardinal of Conspiracy, Prophet of the Gutter). These are accomplishments for completing major endeavors but are formatted as CP increases, not simple marks of accomplishment.
edited by genesis on 11/24/2016

&quot[color=#ffffff]Transcribe the song as best as you can[/color]&quot from &quot[color=#ff9900]Amber in the Well[/color]&quot card has been locked for a while now. Formerly you could access it, but for some reason it was suddenly made impossible.

They wanted you to use your favors on the conflict cards instead of avoiding making choices between factions.

Maybe, but it’s only on that one card that the option is locked. All the others are fine.

Maybe, but it’s only on that one card that the option is locked. All the others are fine.[/quote]
This is not accurate.

This option (i.e the &quotneutral&quot option which advances the Affair of the Box) used to exist on all conflict cards. It has been removed from all conflict cards which involve factions that have moved to the Favours/Renown system.

i.e. this option used to be there and is now gone from the cards Youthful high spirits, Going gentle, A misfortune at the Carnival, Amber in the well, They all look the same to me, The Acacia and the Butterfly, Crime or punishment?

It’s just that for some reason, the old option is still visible (though Impossible!) on just the Amber in the well card. Interestingly, this same card is also the only one which has a second neutral option, not involving the Affair of the Box (with a Daring unlock).

EDIT: I’ve reported this inconsistency to FBG and they’ve acknowledged it’s a bug that should now be fixed. To be verified the next time we encounter Amber in the well.

edited by dov on 12/12/2016

[color=#00ffff]I see. [/color]Yes, I was referring to other cards in which the option was yet available. I don’t even open non-discardable conflict cards such as those anymore, so I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. [color=#00ff99]Silly wolf.[/color]

No problem. It was indeed an inconsistency, now supposedly fixed.

BTW, your use of colour indeed helps for emphasis. However, the forums’ convention is that use of coloured text is reserved for FBG stuff. This is how we can easily notice formal messages/replies from Failbetter themselves.

Updated with the re-return of marriage and divorce and Urchin conversion.

Took the opportunity to slightly reorganise thing now that I am significantly more familiar with the game than I was back when the post was made.

Some thing were moved to F because I now think they are unavailable because they’ve been retired. Also the Sunless Sea content in FL appears separate from the general backer “amnesty” and so less likely to appear now.

Added a couple of things to G as well.