Suites, Emporiums, and Sanctums - Oh my!

If you say so :(

Look! It’s a temple! A Third City one!
I wonder if I can hold open air sacrifices there.

Something I’ve noticed though; These new lodgings seem to be missing mouseover descriptions. see Suite vs Reservation.
Will those be added in time for Christmas, or are these new abodes just indescribable?[/quote]

Man, that sounds pretty awesome. Third City temple? HELLLL yes.

>skewing

[li]
[color=#009900]Oh lawks no, I meant forcing this thread off course like a determined dolphin.[/color]

>mouseover

[color=#009900]That’ll be some database nonsense we’ll fix. Nothing is indescribable with a sufficiently rigorous keyboard.[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]>skewing

[color=#009900]Oh lawks no, I meant forcing this thread off course like a determined dolphin.[/color]
[/quote]

But is the dolphin going off course, or is it forcing something else off course? It is 4am, explain your similes.

Good lord, Alexis, were you planning to get any sleep tonight?

Also, yes. I want a home in a third city temple. The lair in the marshes isn’t remote enough for me; not with all these curious blindfolded soirees being held in the sudden neighborhood.

[color=#009900]Back on topic or I’ll set Jack of Similes on you.[/color][li]

Okay, serious question related to lodgings and not to frightening children riding vomiting dolphins: are the delightful schemes you described earlier in the year, like the menagerie and the wunderkammer, still on the table, now that we have these new mini-schemes, like the cards party and the parliamentarian’s hideaway?

[color=#009900]They are. Though whether they’ll work the same way as the Salon and Orphanage is a different matter.[/color][li]

Can I use Leathery Human Hearts with the Third City Temple to get Making Waves?

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][li]>mouseover

[color=#009900]That’ll be some database nonsense we’ll fix. Nothing is indescribable with a sufficiently rigorous keyboard.[/color][/quote]
Wittgenstein would have words with you over that![/li][li]
edited by George David Maddux on 12/22/2013

This thread gets a 10/10 because of vomit temple dolphins.

Also, having a Third City Temple only be a 3-card lodging seems strange; I’d expect it to be 4 cards at least.

Has anyone seen any hide or hair of the Third City Temple in game yet?

I’m still holding out for a Parabolan Base Camp, but perhaps better rooms at the Bethlehem will do in the meantime.

…while I keep trying for more painful on-fire secrets to get a Theorem, but I can wait to see if real estate prices change. Perhaps vomit temple dolphins will make the bubble burst. :D

Slightly related question, but where does one even get Master’s Blood? (I’ve been looking at the Impossible Theorem, and at my current level of grinding I figure an Overgoat is cheaper).

Currently, the only way is to sell the Nadir location to the Revolutionaries. Other methods may be forthcoming soon; nobody really knows. Hopefully the item chains will be extended sometime (even if they are at cutthroat exchange rates like the Truthbreaker Turbine).

I would have thought that 5 Tears of the Bazaar should convert to Master’s Blood at some point?

At some point, perhaps, but not yet. And it might work like the truthbreaker where you’re not even guaranteed to get a 5:1 ratio.

So does anyone know how much making waves you need to get from notability 8 to 9?

If my calculations are right, with a BDR of 20 you need 48 MW for a 60% chance, 64 MW for 80% and 80 MW for 100%.

34 levels to play the option on the Amanuensis, which at my BDR of 22 gives me a around a 44% shot.

I could take it right now, and technically that’s the best strategy, but I’m pretty much terrified of having my MW drop back down and having to spend another day or two grinding it up again. I guess I should save my rant for the N&MW thread, though.

So. Sooooooo. It would appear I simply cannot resist the cutting edge! It’s me, I am simply impatient! (Sorry Alexis :P) Appropriately enough I am now resident in the Brass Embassy Sanctum.