Suites, Emporiums, and Sanctums - Oh my!

It seems the lock has just been lifted off 5-star lodgings. Who shall be the first to own one of these utmostly notable lodgings?[li]

The question that still remains is: what are the mentioned &quoteasier&quot ways to achieve these lodgings at &quotcertain times of the year?&quot I wouldn’t want to give up my Master’s Blood if there was a less pricey method on its way.

Sure as hell isn’t going to be me. I’ve been grinding for a theorum and I’ve just about decided I’ll be getting all those Enigmas by the time the Notability cap has hit 50 and we’ve all resorted to heavy drinking.

I certainly won’t be getting them in the foreseeable future, unless the during the “certain time of year” they are quite cheap, in which case I’ll probably grind like there’s no tomorrow to get all three.

I am working on the Suite at the Royal Bethlehem as it is the easiest of the three for me. (I don’t have to reduce the "Connected: Revolutionaries I worked so hard to raise, and I’m over 1000 Certifiable Scraps away from buying the Location of a Former Prince of Hell from the Relickers.) I already have my Notability to 7, but the Impossible Theorem eludes me. I have only a 31% chance of success to obtain it at Watchful 263 (200 base stat + 63 worth in equipped items), and I’ve already died twice attempting to obtain it (using up my Horsehead Amulet in the process, grr). I suppose a Preternaturally Intent Mood would help some, but I’ve only ever gotten Moods when I didn’t need them and wasn’t looking for them. So it may be awhile before I obtain a Suite, even though I have or can get the other attributes.

[quote=Shadowhand]It seems the lock has just been lifted off 5-star lodgings. Who shall be the first to own one of these utmostly notable lodgings?[li]

The question that still remains is: what are the mentioned &quoteasier&quot ways to achieve these lodgings at &quotcertain times of the year?&quot I wouldn’t want to give up my Master’s Blood if there was a less pricey method on its way.[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]I agree with you, Shadowhand, but I have no idea what the &quoteasier&quot way is either, and Christmas is approaching…

[/li]

I’m two points of notability and some serious tanking of my revolutionary connections away from a spire emporium. Those last notability points are likely going to take a few days to get, though, so I’ll be very surprised if I’m one of the first.

Kind of want to see what the alternate costs might be, but I don’t mind giving up my Master’s Blood. It’s not like I was going to sell it anyway, so converting it into something I can use is actually a rather nice opportunity.

[quote=Sackville]
Kind of want to see what the alternate costs might be, but I don’t mind giving up my Master’s Blood. It’s not like I was going to sell it anyway, so converting it into something I can use is actually a rather nice opportunity.[/quote]

[li]
I agree. I’m beginning to wonder if the easier way is simply the fact that Notability hasn’t been dropping for the past few weeks. Seems like the ideal time to raise it for anything.

We’ll see what happens first, my Notability 10 or this mystery boon.

I hope it’s just not a matter of Notability not dropping during those weeks, but if it is then at least I know what I ought to be doing rather than what I’m currently doing. Not that I have any Masters’ Blood to get into my preferred lodgings even if I did have Notability higher than 4.

I have a Notability of 8 already on Owen Wulf. But I believe it best to wait until the holiday season is over before making any such purchase. Like Destinies, these Lodgings and perhaps other delectable goodies may be acquired more easily at a certain special time of the year. So, if on December 24 or 25 Failbetter decides to throw us a bone… well, let us just see where the bone came from.

… And if it still has any meat on it.

edited by Owen Wulf on 12/22/2013

If I could just raise my Notability, I now have everything else for the better Embassy of Hell location. A pity that my Notability is only 2 atm, however.

[quote=Owen Wulf]I have a Notability of 8 already on Owen Wulf. But I believe it best to wait until the holiday season is over before making any such purchase. Like Destinies, these Lodgings and perhaps other delectable goodies may be acquired more easily at a certain special time of the year. So, if on December 24 or 25 Failbetter decides to throw us a bone… well, let us just see where the bone came from.

… And if it still has any meat on it.

edited by Owen Wulf on 12/22/2013[/quote]

[li]
That’s pretty much the only reason I haven’t gone for one yet. I have the required Notability, and an unsold Nadir location, so I could get one now, buuuut I want to see what happens this Christmas first.

[color=#009900]Hold out for Christmas… unless you really want to be the first to the top[/color].[li]

Alexis! Go to bed! You should not be up this late mister, and you know better!

[color=#009900]Indeed I shouldn’t, but I’m on vomit watch for my little girl. (I do hope this image has enriched your winter solstice.)[/color][li]

Oh no! I hope she gets better soon. :c This is no time to be sick.

By the way, her quote on your Twitter is amazing. She’s going to grow up to be a writer like you, at this rate.

[color=#009900]She’s gonna be better than me. I literally could not write something that scary.[/color][li]

I was on vomit watch earlier this week. It proved to be a one-time happening, quickly recovered from; may you be as lucky.

[color=#009900]Thank you! She’s already improving, which is why you lot are experiencing the dubious benefit of my Nexus-channeled wisdom. Anyway, thread back on topic before I have to send myself a snooty yet sorrowful PM. Deadcrystal, this is your fault. :)[/color][li]

Look I have no idea what you’re talking about. This is patently balderdash, I mean is Alexis even a real name? I’m fairly sure there’s no such person so I can’t be blamed for anything and especially not for skewing the notability progress to the point where it was made harder. Complete nonsense.

If you say so :(

Look! It’s a temple! A Third City one!
I wonder if I can hold open air sacrifices there.

Something I’ve noticed though; These new lodgings seem to be missing mouseover descriptions. see Suite vs Reservation.
Will those be added in time for Christmas, or are these new abodes just indescribable?