Strange beasts

Urgh. Maybe on that frog we could actually add a proper trigger warning? There’s half a dozen photos here under spoiler tags, and I wasn’t expecting anything weirder than the pretty blue fish thing or the Nomen.

I apologize for causing distress. I’ll add the warning now.

Edit: Thank you to BFW for cleaning up my mess again. I really should’ve thought more about that post.
edited by dismallyOriented on 2/24/2014

I apologize for causing distress. I’ll add the warning now.

Edit: Thank you to BFW for cleaning up my mess again. I really should’ve thought more about that post.
edited by dismallyOriented on 2/24/2014[/quote]

Don’t blame yourself! I wouldn’t have thought of it either. The toad is weird looking, but to my I don’t have a phobia of toads mind, fascinating rather than scary. So till mentioned, it wouldn’t cross my mind that someone else might. I’d think of the obvious (spiders), but that’s probably only one I’d automatically think to trigger warn.

The best a person can do is their best and then correcting when suggested. Don’t feel bad for that!
(Also Yey, I got to use moderator powers! Whoop!)
edited by babelfishwars on 2/24/2014

Trypophobia is an odd case - not so much toad fear as fear or revulsion based on those odd clusters of pores or holes, as demonstrated on that toad’s skin, that resemble a parasitic infection, an insect nest, or (in this case) a cluster of burrowing young. Thoroughly stomach-turning - I admit to a mild case myself, and I am a fellow who is otherwise in favour of frogs. In any case, the matter has been resolved, and well done on all sides, I say!

Fascinating. Genuinely. Aren’t brains weird?

They so are. The beasts of the world and the brains in our heads: Both Thoroughly Odd.

Behold the unholy goat-sheep!

It’s so unholy I’m gonna die![li]

The fluffy cuteness is merely an infernal facade to get the unwary to lower their defenses, according to the Bishop of Southwark…

i hope you don’t procure one. they’re very endangered. some barbarians apparently love to eat them.

Now this is an Irrigo Mantis.

What a beautiful mantis!