Stormy-Eyed

I managed to get to WtTS 17, then gave the Manager my dreams for my ambition and reset it completely. Back to 18 for me, I guess…
edited by Aximillio on 9/13/2013

Just played through the long-dead god. More content is always delightful :) but if anyone’s wondering, it’s not really ‘worth’ the time to grind stormy-eyed up to 19 in any monetary or plot-advancement sense.

… It’s lovely content. Deeply sad, if I recall correctly. Was worth it for me.

[quote=babelfishwars]
… It’s lovely content. Deeply sad, if I recall correctly. Was worth it for me.[/quote]

I concur - I have no regrets at all in getting to that point nor to spending the time in the god’s mind, horizons expanded (quite literally).

How do you get to that storylet? I’ve never been able to figure it out.[li]

You get in with Stormy Eyed 19 and What the Thunder Said 15.

[quote=LukeMcMillan]yeeey after a month of wait I got the storm in my eyes too! (:

Just a remark, with the card I also raised Fingerworks (from 6 to 7) and I gained the &quotGates of the garden&quot attribute, so perhaps they are new additions to the old card…[/quote]

It would appear so. I wouldn’t hold my breath for any dream-realted uses for those qualities though. They have added a lot of new benefits to old cards as of late.

[li]

I once accidently ‘resetted’ Stormy-Eyed quality to 7 by raising Thunder.Dream to 18 again. If you already have this quality, beware of ‘Who is the third that walks always beside you?’ card!

I will have the relevant qualities shortly. Questions:

1. Does the story start with an Opportunity Card or a Storylet?
  2. If it’s a Storylet, is there any particular place you need to be to find it?
  3. Am I correct that you have to be in Fallen London to play this content?

It is a storylet that appears anywhere in London

Found it, thanks!

Still waiting for the appropriate card to appear for months now. London does love to test our Patience and persistence, does it not?

To advance anywhere in London, one must hone their patience to be as sharp as Skyglass.

Also, there is a storylet on one of the islands outside of London that raises Stormy-Eyed. Can anyone tell me where/what this storylet is?

Mutton Island, specifically the wind.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/22/2013

Took me years of play to get Stormy-Eyed. I don’t think I am going to play the long-dead god storylet, when I get it. I read that text a long time ago from other players, and losing the quality would suck. Even if it does nothing, it’s one of my most favourite ones in the game. Now, if only you did not have to lose it completely for leaving the Mind…

Losing all your What the Thunder Said AGAIN would be quite unpleasant too. I wonder if high dreams will ever be usefull for anything. I would never spend them, but it would be cool, if they unlocked something in the future Parabola content.
edited by Fhoenix on 11/24/2013

sooo…close…to achieving Stormy-Eyed…when will the thunder god come?

[quote=Fhoenix]Took me years of play to get Stormy-Eyed. I don’t think I am going to play the long-dead god storylet, when I get it. I read that text a long time ago from other players, and losing the quality would suck. Even if it does nothing, it’s one of my most favourite ones in the game. Now, if only you did not have to lose it completely for leaving the Mind…

Losing all your What the Thunder Said AGAIN would be quite unpleasant too. I wonder if high dreams will ever be usefull for anything. I would never spend them, but it would be cool, if they unlocked something in the future Parabola content.
edited by Fhoenix on 11/24/2013[/quote]

Mind of the Long-Dead God vomits main attribute points, so it can be quite nice if you want your stats go up.

There is a &quotIs Someone There 99&quot lock on the Parabolan Base Camp action, so presumably most of these will come up as you approach Parabola.

I just wish the &quotFollow the Fleet&quot card didn’t lock when your What the thunder Said got too high.
I’d gladly lose all my Thunder dreams again to be Stormy Eyed once more, but to do that, I’d have to reduce my Dreams from 26 to 18.
I’ve been waiting on the few cards which reduce dreams, but they are few and far between.
The only way I can think to do that would be to go crazy 31 times, which would nuke all my other dreams.

Someday, it might just come to that.

What the Thunder Said 14. So close, and yet so far.

[hr]

[quote=Estelle Knoht][quote=Fhoenix]Took me years of play to get Stormy-Eyed. I don’t think I am going to play the long-dead god storylet, when I get it. I read that text a long time ago from other players, and losing the quality would suck. Even if it does nothing, it’s one of my most favourite ones in the game. Now, if only you did not have to lose it completely for leaving the Mind…

edited by Fhoenix on 11/24/2013[/quote]

Mind of the Long-Dead God vomits main attribute points, so it can be quite nice if you want your stats go up.

There is a &quotIs Someone There 99&quot lock on the Parabolan Base Camp action, so presumably most of these will come up as you approach Parabola.[/quote]

From what I’ve seen of &quotIs Someone there?&quot, it looks like it is specifically tied in to Parabola. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right, but I don’t think IST the strongest evidence where Parabola is concerned.

It seems Stormy-Eyed was much easier to get when there were fewer opportunity cards. I’m wishing I’d started grinding it when I first began playing! After playing for almost a year, I’m at WtTS 15 (6 more CP till 16), and I’ll update this thread again when I’ve finally gotten Stormy-Eyed. This goal is basically the only thing keeping me interested in the game now that I’ve done most of what I wanted to do!