Stone Tentacle-key

Where do i get it? I cant get 5000 brass, and i lost my dreams when i went mad :( (hearts desire)[li]

Hunter’s Keep, across the Zee. You will need a ship, for which you need to be a POSI. Expect to be there a while.

Ambitions occasionally make you wait to advance your character before you can continue the story. This may be one of those times.

damn. i have like 30-40 shadowy to go until then… i think ill just have to grind on that brass…

It’s worth mentioning that the stories you play will always be the most profitable way to spend your time. Once you’ve unlocked some of the later content, such as Unfinished Business with POSI or heists in the Flit, Brass will be easier to come by

The brass is a lie. Just like before with the book, this is also a trap option. Though, it does give you some interesting text to read and he does give most of it back. As for the other options, I would suggest the key. He takes either the dreams or the key, depending on what you choose, but the key really does not serve much of a purpose besides here. The dreams, however, do. Besides, Hunter’s Keep is not a bad place to visit. Personally, I enjoyed it.

Also, I would recommend working on improving your ability to blend into the shadows, as some fellow card players have tasks that definitively require you to head overzees, no ifs, ands, or buts.
edited by Harry P. on 7/6/2018

Yes, the answer above is a very good one. Savor the Ambitions. Do not worry about completing them fast. And get some memories of light, so next time you go mad you go to the Mirror Marches instead, a very interesting place that does ot consume dreams.

If memory serves, it’s also possible to get one while shroom-hopping but it’s a Fate-ful and uncertain endeavour

THANK YOU Harry P. that would have been a shitload of wasted time. cant i get a ticket or something tho?

A ticket?

“Ticket to Polythreme”

Polythreme is the only overzee location that does anything like that (except during the Fruits of the Zee festival, when you can visit Mutton Island). Hunter’s Keep will require a ship.

damn. time to get leveling. can i have multiple patrons?

Just… don’t rush your ambition. There is no reward for it, as of yet, as the ambitions are not completed. Focus on completing the stuff you can now and come back to it later. It’ll cost a lot of different items at various stages and require significant skill checks.

Work on the making your name stuff. Make money, buy better gear, etc.

oh theyre not finished? honestly i like that about i game, new content coming in, but okay.

I remember there’s a place later on where it’s something a 180 Shadowy skill check (meaning, you only have 100% success chance at Shadowy 300 or so), and if you fail you lose a 62.5 echo item. So yeah, Ambitions are meant to last you all the way until endgame.

whoa. damn. lol

1. While the Mirror Marches is certainly a unique and delightful place to visit, it is not without its downside. Upon escape, the quality ‘Having Reoccurring Dreams: Is Someone There?’ decreases by 10 points. Though, this is admittedly better compared to escaping a State of Some Confusion, which decreases Having Reoccurring Dreams: Death by Water, A Game of Chess, The Burial of the Dead, The Fire Sermon, What the Thunder Says, and Is Someone There by 5 points each.

2. Dudebro Pyro is technically wrong. (Sorry) That place, if it is what I am thinking about, is actually a series of 6-7 separate skill checks of a shadowy, watchful, and persuasive nature with a range of 140-180 (meaning 100% is a range of 250-300). They are also connected to one another, meaning that if you mess up just one time, you not only lose 62.5 echoes, you have to start the whole sequences of events all over again. Even with Second Chances, it was rather nerve-wracking. All the more reason to take it slow with the Ambition.

If I am to be honest, let me give you a OOC piece of advice.

I would really advise, like the others have said, on taking not onlt the Ambition, but Fallen London as a whole slow. It is a story, meant to be taken in at a leisurely pace. I understand your desire to see eveything that London has to offer as soon as possible, but at the breakneck speed you are going, you are going to have a burnout pretty soon. When I first started, I used to check out London every time I had the chance to do so and refreshed the page whenever I used up all my actions. After continuing like this for a while, I had a burnout and had to leave the game alone for 2-3 months. It left a rather bitter taste in my mouth during that time.

Just try to take things at a more leisurely pace. Perhaps you should stop thinking of Fallen London as a game to be played, but rather as an experience to be had. A second continuous life, being lived out in the madness that is the Neath.

[quote=Harry P.]If I am to be honest, let me give you a OOC piece of advice.

I would really advise, like the others have said, on taking not onlt the Ambition, but Fallen London as a whole slow. It is a story, meant to be taken in at a leisurely pace. I understand your desire to see eveything that London has to offer as soon as possible, but at the breakneck speed you are going, you are going to have a burnout pretty soon. When I first started, I used to check out London every time I had the chance to do so and refreshed the page whenever I used up all my actions. After continuing like this for a while, I had a burnout and had to leave the game alone for 2-3 months. It left a rather bitter taste in my mouth during that time.

Just try to take things at a more leisurely pace. Perhaps you should stop thinking of Fallen London as a game to be played, but rather as an experience to be had. A second continuous life, being lived out in the madness that is the Neath.[/quote]

Harry P.'s advice is very good.

Bear in mind that some of the posters on these Forums (including me) are people who started playing Fallen London before a lot of the content (e.g., the POSI content) was written and before the Exceptional Stories were invented. So even if some of us played fast and often, we were forced to take our way slowly through the game, because it was still a work in progress.

It still is, but the addition of new content is much slower, now.

sure. just… sure to all of em lol