Stone Tentacle-key

The main drawback I have found with the &quottaking it slow&quot way of playing is that I tend to forget everything that’s happened previously, leaving me confused and annoyed.

I have been doing the ambition in little chunks, often with months in between as I slowly improve my character with normal play. Every single time I have come back to the ambition it has been a case of &quotEh? What was going on again? Who are these people?&quot Then a very tedious time of trawling through the wiki to try and refresh my memory. And the wiki is a far from ideal tool to get a quick refresher on the story of the ambition.

I suppose there is no avoiding it, but it kind of makes the ambition tedious to me. I think my honest advice would be to do it all in one big chunk, after you have maxed out your character and entirely run out of other things to do in the game.

But then again your head may not resemble a sieve to the degree that mine does.

[quote=Harry P.]
2. Dudebro Pyro is technically wrong. (Sorry) That place, if it is what I am thinking about, is actually a series of 6-7 separate skill checks of a shadowy, watchful, and persuasive nature with a range of 140-180 (meaning 100% is a range of 250-300). They are also connected to one another, meaning that if you mess up just one time, you not only lose 62.5 echoes, you have to start the whole sequences of events all over again. Even with Second Chances, it was rather nerve-wracking. All the more reason to take it slow with the Ambition.[/quote]
While I don’t mind in the least being corrected, and all the details you provided are themselves correct if my memory doesn’t fail me, I’m confused as to what I said you found wrong. There is definitely a series of checks, they are definitely in a sequence, but also one of those is definitely a Shadowy with value 180.

Freakin’ urchins and their absurd levels of security

You are not paranoid if they are actually after you.

[li]
wearing robe &quotJust gettin’ the morning paper.

Before the monsters do, right?&quot -Jim Gaffigan

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]While I don’t mind in the least being corrected, and all the details you provided are themselves correct if my memory doesn’t fail me, I’m confused as to what I said you found wrong. There is definitely a series of checks, they are definitely in a sequence, but also one of those is definitely a Shadowy with value 180.

Freakin’ urchins and their absurd levels of security[/quote]

Well, I do apologize for that. I will admit that I had phrased it incorrectly. While you certainly were not wrong in any sense of the word, I had found it a bit lacking. I had meant to convey that there was more than just one Shadowy check standing in his way. Perhaps, instead of saying that you were wrong, I should have said that there was more to the picture. I really am sorry if I offended you in any way.

Also, I was wrong myself. The 62.5 echoes item is lost either way, as it is consumed upon starting said sequence of events. However, if you fail midway, you need to fork over an additional 62.5 echoes to start all over again. Enjoy.

:)

[quote=Harry P.]-snip-
I really am sorry if I offended you in any way.
[/quote]
No worries at all, I was just confused by your phrasing. You’re definitely right that I left out a lot of the details.