Station VIII

Do I turn Mr Fires’ lackey into my double agent? Do I get Cornelius on-side? Which way is most likely to get me more influence over the Union and the railway? I can’t decide!

What statue can you build at the station? And, do they provide different rewards or is it just to build a statue?

The Game Instructions say that there is no mechanical difference.

You could put up statues to any of 9 different Masters. I don’t have the right Ambitions to know if that number might be higher or lower for certain players.

There are two (2) options for making a statue of yourself! One with all of the Masters, and another as Top Chef, which requires developing your Restaurant.

You could also put up a statue of a Veteran Revolutionary, just because.

The Game Instructions say that there is no mechanical difference.

[spoiler]
You could put up statues to any of 9 different Masters. I don’t have the right Ambitions to know if that number might be higher or lower for certain players.

There are two (2) options for making a statue of yourself! One with all of the Masters, and another as Top Chef, which requires developing your Restaurant.

You could also put up a statue of a Veteran Revolutionary, just because.
[/spoiler][/quote]

When I get there, I’ll be tempted to put up One with all the masters. I’d hope with any choice in Nemesis, I’ll be able to put one for Mr. Mirrors instead.

I do like the cooking in station VIII - but anyone figured already out an actual use of the stuff ? Seems such a waste to cook the complicated dished just to sell them for pearls…

Fungal Pate-based dishes can be served to the Tracklayers from the station branch office.

Some dishes explicitly state that they have secondary uses in the game instructions. I haven’t found them yet. I’m sitting on some extremely Parabolan marmalade right now, and I’m going to scope out the city when I get a few more actions.

The Game Instructions say that there is no mechanical difference.[/quote] <rest snipped>

I played Nemesis and…

…I also get a choice of 9 Masters to build a statue to. These are the 9: Fires, Spices, Wines, Veils, Cups, Iron, Stones, Apples, Pages.

Man, wish I could put a statue of Mr. Eaten there.

Haven’t tried this yet but the Wiki indicates that the spicy fish broth will cure Wounds and/or Nightmares if you eat it. Okay, I tried it after I wrote this post. I had Woulds at 4 and the broth took me back down to zero!

edited by Catherine Raymond on 10/24/2020

Regarding statues, there seems to be a rather interesting option for those with &quotThe Road&quot destiny to build a statue to &quotMr. – , the self you are destined to be&quot

Edit: Also, as a Nemesis player, the text for my option to build a statue of Cups is
&quot[color=rgb(40, 37, 32)]Yes, he’s no longer among the living. But it might be pleasing to have him here in bronze to amuse you. As a sort of trophy.&quot[/color]
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/23/2020
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/23/2020

[quote=Scienceandponies]Regarding statues, there seems to be a rather interesting option for those with &quotThe Road&quot destiny to build a statue to &quotMr. – , the self you are destined to be&quot
[/quote]

Hard decision for me. The Road option is obviously awesome, but I am a sucker for group statues/memorials IRL…

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy][quote=Scienceandponies]Regarding statues, there seems to be a rather interesting option for those with &quotThe Road&quot destiny to build a statue to &quotMr. – , the self you are destined to be&quot
[/quote]

Hard decision for me. The Road option is obviously awesome, but I am a sucker for group statues/memorials IRL…[/quote]

My character is generally opposed to the Masters, and after offing Cups, has developed something of a taste for it. Haven’t quite figured out how he feels about having such a destiny.

Mr. Cards statue for me. Its a shame we dont have an option for Mr. Candles.

Any advice on how many fin bones do i need for canteen?
edited by Waterpls on 10/23/2020

Any hint of Furnace? I wanna rescue her as soon as possible.

Aaah, this station is amazing! There’s so much to do here and some really cool new things introduced (that are rather making me wish we’d elected Gebrant)! I’ve already been overwhelmed by all the new material, but this one might be the last straw (of awesomeness).

I’m hugely torn on the statue. On the one hand, I want to continue the trend of making statues of myself everywhere I go, but OTOH, the Nemesis option would be a very appealing nose-thumbing at the Masters.

Anyone found what to do with the mast you discovered?

I’m dead set on acquiring an ‘Unthinkable Hope’ and deeply regret losing my Dreadful Surmise. Guess I’ll be paying some Fate this Hallowmas…

Also the statue of myself as a Master is oddly comforting considering I failed to pick Heart’s Desire. I WILL become a Master. I CAN DO IT.

YOu can use Unthinkable hope to get top tier Academic item.

Anyone found a (steady) source of tentacles? Having to rely on rare successes for cheap consumables is… frustrating.

[quote=Aro Saren]
Anyone found a (steady) source of tentacles? Having to rely on rare successes for cheap consumables is… frustrating.[/quote]

They’re a 50/50 chance on the Canal Workers of the Upper River card, in exchange for a Zee Story. I have a bunch of them from collecting fin bones.

Am i missing something or dishes are just not worth making?