Someone reassure me that the Amanumensis...

Thanks for doing that. No idea what I did wrong, but I suspect it’s just PEBKAC. Good luck.

[quote=RandomWalker]Entirely my fault. So annoying. I typed your name into the reciever box (or rather pasted it in), but for some reason the point went to someone else. I have no idea exactly what I did wrong, but I’m really annoyed. I’ve sent a small gift as an apology. If I pull the card again, I’ll give it another go (I’ve seen him twice this month so far, I’m pulling lots of cards, so the odds aren’t awful).[/quote]I think the problem is that if you type a name into the &quotAdd a new contact&quot box and then just click &quotChoose!&quot (or press Return), it doesn’t actually use the contact name you’ve typed in, but instead whichever existing contact is alphabetically first in the drop-down list. The &quotright&quot way to do it is to type the name and then click &quotAdd&quot.

I know this because accidentally sent an embarrassing message to Alexis that way once. But I didn’t think to submit a bug report for it - sorry, I probably should have done. It’s counter-intuitive enough to count as a bug.

Cheers
Richard

That sounds exactly what I did. Can’t say that I like that design decision.

[quote=RandomWalker]That sounds exactly what I did. Can’t say that I like that design decision.[/quote]To be fair, I should think it’s a mistake (or an overlooked special case) rather than a decision. Like I said, I ought to have reported it when I spotted it… but it just never occurred to me that it might matter in the way that it did here.

I have continued to have no luck summoning the Amanumensis. If there is a generous soul who would be willing to help me on my way I’d be very grateful. My name in Fallen London is the same as here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sesquiculus[li]

Edit: Received some assistance, thank you. My apologies to anyone I already sent a calling card to.
edited by Sesquiculus on 1/26/2014

Pulled another Amanumensis card. I have one spare point of notability that I’m willing to donate. Send me a calling card if you still need it.
[i]edited by RandomWalker on 1/26/2014

Edit: Notability taken
[/i]
edited by RandomWalker on 1/27/2014

Thanks to the people who responded quickly to HattingMad’s request for a point of notability. Thanks to you, both her and I have our upgraded lodgings (She likes them mad… Me, I like spires :D).

In return, we have ground up several points of notability to give away as needed for anyone else who needs them. Just reply here, and we will send one straight away!

The Amanuensis is still treating me as if I’ve got the plague, so I’d be enormously grateful if someone were kind enough to send a point my way! Happy to pay it forward as soon as possible, of course…

EDIT: Ahhh, that delightfully gratifying little star! Thanks to Gills, all is well. :)
edited by Wynde on 1/27/2014

I’m also happy to pay on the favour and forward the Amanuensis in someone’s direction once I’ve got it back off one. Just send me a calling card :)