Someone reassure me that the Amanumensis...

I don’t know about that Hattingmad. People give away eyeless skulls to help people get into the Nadir and once you have a profession and the 5 card lodgings there is not a lot to spend Notability on at the moment. I don’t know if or when I’ll next get the card but I will be happy to help someone else get their first level of Notability.

Oh, that’s a very nice option. Kudos again, FBG.

[quote=Hattingmad]Which would be a lovely option, save for the fact that Notability appears difficult to come by and, being hard-won, few people are going to be pressed or inspired, I think, to give points of it away to help strangers. Now, if you make an alt and always keep it Notable, this is a solution indeed.[/quote]Oh, I’ve got Notability to give away. Not an unlimited amount, obviously, but I’d happily go all the way down to Notability 1.

The only problem is that I’d need a lot more Waves to summon Slowcake’s Whodyaflip right now. Still, if anyone wants to be in a queue in case I’m lucky and draw him, feel free to send me a calling card. (I’m &quotMr Puckeridge&quot.)

As chance would have it, I have the Amanumensis card up at the moment and a spare point of notability. I want notability 5, but I don’t plan on grinding it out for at least a month, so my notability 3 is pretty much useless. I would be happy to donate that point of notability to someone, so that they can take advantage of the wicket.

I think there are at least two people in thread who would love to take advantage of that trade. As for me, I JUST want the Eyrie. I’ll give away all my Notability to others after that. Maybe we should start a thread for exchange of notability now that it’s an option? In any case, I would gratefully accept 1 point to get the stubborn Amanuensis to my door.

As the first to respond to my post, I’ve suggested that the Amanumensis pays you a visit, Hattingmad.

It’s worth noting that the action can be done many times if you have the notability.

Thank you ever so very much! I sent you a calling card in the event that we need to be connected for him to show up (feel free to decline if that doesn’t turn out to be necessary).

I’ve got the card - send me a message either in game or on the forum if you need the first notability point.

I’ll let you folks know how long he takes before arriving once someone has sent him to you, once I get him.

Did you realize that it costs nothing but a single action point, if you call the Amanuensis? It’s really a surefire option. Get enough Making Waves, go to your lodgings, get notability. I increased my notability from 3 to 5 today and I’m pretty sure to reach 6 tonight or tommorrow to get the new job without losing the option to summon the Amanuensis on demand.

I was quite surprised to see it, but the whole process is far less tedious now.[li]
edited by Heinrich von Hackenberg on 1/25/2014

I am pretty sure you don’t lose any notability when you accept a profession. 5 is fine.

Correct, you do not lose any Notability in upgrading your Profession.

Great! And there it is, my new mantelpiece. ^_^

[li]

I received a request and used the card. From what it says in my message tab it looks like the notability point is just transferred without the recipient actually getting a visit from the Amanuensis.

Oh, drat. So you do need to be Acquainted with whoever you send the point to, and it immediately deducts it from you? (I ask because it appears that I didn’t get a point of notability, and I was wondering if it didn’t work because the individual in question and I were not already Acquainted.)

As the (very grateful) recipient of that point of notability, I can confirm that there’s no visit and the point is transferred directly. I had almost given up hope of being able to get an upgrade to a suite but I think it’s now within my grasp!

[li]

I’m not Acquainted with the person who got my Notability point - I just have this message &quot ~ ~ (~ ~ in Fallen London) has received your Notability. You’ve lost 1 x Notability&quot[li]

Pleased to have confirmation that the point was transferred. Enjoy your Notability Captain Duncan.
edited by circe on 1/25/2014

Ok, that’s good information to have, thanks!
(And to Randomwalker, I have no idea why it didn’t go through, but thank you so much for trying. :) My luck is just worse than I previously thought. Haha.)

Entirely my fault. So annoying. I typed your name into the reciever box (or rather pasted it in), but for some reason the point went to someone else. I have no idea exactly what I did wrong, but I’m really annoyed. I’ve sent a small gift as an apology. If I pull the card again, I’ll give it another go (I’ve seen him twice this month so far, I’m pulling lots of cards, so the odds aren’t awful).

I sent a bug report to Alexis about it and let him know what apparently happened. As I plan on paying Notability forward, maybe we’ll figure out what happened if it does it again to someone else. If it’s a common error, I’m sure it’ll get spaded out! No worries. :)