Someone Got Bored And Did Something For All Of You

And by bored I mean it had been bugging me SO MUCH.
But yes, a nice little gift for all of you. Check out the wikidot once more!
This page in specific.

http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/item-conversions

Nice! But I found this horrendous typo: you can convert 25 Echoes’ worth of the 50p item into 5 Echoes’ worth of the 250p item

Horrendous because that should be 25 Echoes’ worth and not a 20 Echoes’ loss of precious, precious resources. ;)

Hasn’t that been up for a while? Or was it edited in some major way since the last time I visited it?

It was edited by Cecil, updated with all the new categories.

Thanks!!

[quote=Gillsing]Nice! But I found this horrendous typo: you can convert 25 Echoes’ worth of the 50p item into 5 Echoes’ worth of the 250p item

Horrendous because that should be 25 Echoes’ worth and not a 20 Echoes’ loss of precious, precious resources. ;)[/quote]

Not my typo, but fixed! I’ll maybe, if I feel invested, change the top conversions part to include all conversions/make it nicer.

there’s a similar table thing on the wikia wiki

although woah i didn’t realize collections of curiosities were worth that much :o (i knew they were rare but not ‘fairly easily exchanged for 6250 pence’ rare)

I always found the wikidot wiki easier to navigate then the wikia one, so thank you for your work.

where does one get unearthly fossils, fecund amber, or fluke cores? I want All the rubbery things!

Unearthly Fossils can be got from expeditions in the Forgotten Quarter.

The other two come from the Cave of the Nadir, but don’t get a Fluke Core until you have at least 6 Fecund Amber (it takes 5 Amber to get the core) if you want all the Rubbery things as getting the Core prevents you from getting the card again.

Fluke Cores are the Nadir. As are fecund amber, I think.

[quote=KatarinaNavane]where does one get unearthly fossils, fecund amber, or fluke cores? I want All the rubbery things![/quote]Fossils can be had from expeditions to the Forgotten Quarter, or more easily by using Strong-Backed Labour to emancipate a Clay Man down in the Clay Quarters. The other two things come from the Cave of Nadir.

Thanks for updating the Wiki!

In case anyone finds it useful, I’ve attached below a link to the conversions table that I created from wiki sources a while ago, which I use as a reference. It doesn’t cover quite the same ground, but shows things like sideways conversions, rewards and rare successes etc.

http://tinyurl.com/pa3992x
edited by A B Nile on 9/22/2014

Yay, I have a fossil now! That was easy. The nadir…not so much. But someday…

An update, I’m adding things to the top chart. Rare Successes, regular, profit, other conversions.

And while it looks emptier, it’s still got all the same information.

Credit to NiteBrite (I think to you)? If that’s how it’s spelled? For the wikia guide, which is helping. I want to give credit, but I’m not sure if it WAS you or not that made the wikia page. Aximillio’s got comments on it too that seem to indicate they’re the creator of the wikia page…

I’m also not sure if I should add the Fate locked Magnificent Diamond to Fabulous Diamond conversion.

Anyways. I’m tired. So. More work can wait until tomorrow night.

This is so very cool! Thank you!

I have a bias towards wikidot, because wikia’s ads make my browsers hang…

The Fluke core in the Nadir costs a LOT to get though. (well the Fecund Amber too but)

Well you do have to pretty much BUY the thing with Diaries of the Dead. The other Tier 8 items either can be bought with scrap or for the Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell and M_____'s B____ have to be ground up from 1562.5 echoes of the base item. Or sell the location of the Cave of Nadir. Huge grinds which ever way you look at it.

Oh I thought Diaries of the Dead cost more than 62.50 when you bought them at the bazaar; but still, yeah, you are basically buying it for 1562.50. Or scraps, but then it’s even more expensive than a Rumourmonger’s Network.

Nah, they buy for a straight 62.5 echoes. Also, I buggered up in my earlier post (not the wikidot), Tier 8 items sell for 1562.6. So. You’re TECHNICALLY making 10 pence profit.