Snow in Fallen London

[quote=PSGarak]For those who want to know the mechanical rewards for embarking on the dancing path:

[spoiler]Affiliation is named &quotThe Rose Giveth Its Verses to Devils and Also to You.&quot +5 Dangerous, +2 Watchful, +1 Bizarre.

The Dangerous bonus is not technically best-in-slot, but is the best available to most players. Two Bag A Legend rewards give +6, this gives +5, and nothing else gives more than +2. [/spoiler][/quote]

Does the school add a work at the Court like the other ones?

Anything interesting at Penstock this year?

Oh no! Should have waited to the end to pick a side for the 12 days, I guess.

I don’t like the Devils much anyhow, though. Went with the rubbery guy at the time.

[quote=Winthropx] Does the school add a work at the Court like the other ones?[/quote] There was no new Song, but because the &quotsubchoice&quot storylet doesn’t appear until 100% Inspired, checking the other options takes some time. I’ll try to make a Film next; I’d have bet on Ballet, but there’s already a Mycologenes option and the school-based works are (so far) spread out evenly. If that assumption holds, then it could be a Fashion, an Opera, or a Film; I like them all as possibly Hellish media, honestly.

I’ve been going through my Opportunity Cards fairly regularly since December 25th, and I’ve only gotten 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas cards. Is there something going on with them?

I actually used the pinned first storylet because the cards have been so thin on the ground. Still waiting for number 2.

I can tell you it’s not Ballet, Poem, or Fashion. I’m trying the Opera next–it seems the most promising way to combine poetry and dance.

[quote=PSGarak][quote=elderfleur]If that assumption holds, then it could be a Fashion, an Opera, or a Film; I like them all as possibly Hellish media, honestly.[/quote] I can tell you it’s not Ballet, Poem, or Fashion. I’m trying the Opera next–it seems the most promising way to combine poetry and dance.[/quote] Nothing new on Film. I feel confident in your Opera: I recall Devils associating with the Opera, although maybe those were just depictions of Devils?
edited by elderfleur on 1/7/2021

Nothing new in Sundered Sea, right?
Also, can you leave it without spending ToL?

I was wondering the same. Have at ToL at 17, would be nice to have something new to spend it on.

[quote=elderfleur] I’d have bet on Ballet, but there’s already a Mycologenes option[/quote] A new Ballet, after all. Pearls, Scandal, and Nightmares; the text is intriguing, at least.

I really wish we could add Noman as a (inevitably expireable) Railway Board Member (perhaps giving us something nice in the process)!

You can bring him to Helicon House.

Hey,

Maybe my question fits better here:
I just got my Norman and want to get the Norman Tattoo this year.
According to what I have found in the wiki, it would be best to invest all my Taste of Lacre into him (actually 13), repeat this after I made a few new levels via the snow I still got and then pray that he survives long enough, right?

You can bring him to Helicon House.[/quote]

Beyond that, has anyone found any use for your Noman there? I have sadly not, but I haven’t had any Noman Knows, so perhaps something may be unlocked with that.
If not, that would be just a little bit disappointing - there were just a couple pieces of altered text, and not even any benefit from inviting the Noman to Helicon…

[quote=Judaspriester]According to what I have found in the wiki, it would be best to invest all my Taste of Lacre into him (actually 13), repeat this after I made a few new levels via the snow I still got and then pray that he survives long enough, right?[/quote]Basically, yes. Build up your ToL and then use the &quotHelp me. I beg you.&quot option on the Noman’s Progress card. Repeat until you have enough Noman’s Friend or you run out of materials.

Keep in mind that you need to have ToL of at least 1 to use that option, and ToL resets each time you use it. You’ll most likely need a few hundred points of Noman’s Friend to make it to the second week of February though, depending on when you make the Noman.

[quote=Judaspriester]Hey,

Maybe my question fits better here:
I just got my Norman and want to get the Norman Tattoo this year.

According to what I have found in the wiki, it would be best to invest all my Taste of Lacre into him (actually 13), repeat this after I made a few new levels via the snow I still got and then pray that he survives long enough, right?[/quote]
If you want to get Noman tattoo for sure you have to prepare for it. A lot of snow (20+) and / or a lot of Tears (8+). It’s not something you decide in last moment to go for.

I suppose, there’s nothing new in the Sundered Sea this year?
Also, can you leave it without spending ToL?

[quote=Waterpls]
If you want to get Noman tattoo for sure you have to prepare for it. A lot of snow (20+) and / or a lot of Tears (8+). It’s not something you decide in last moment to go for.[/quote]
Hmm… sounds like I would have to wait another year for it. &quotJust&quot got ToL 13, 3 snow and 1 tear.
Anyway, better to know this now, than being disapointed If I notice that I run short later on.

[quote=Aro Saren]I suppose, there’s nothing new in the Sundered Sea this year?
Also, can you leave it without spending ToL?[/quote]
As far as I noticed, no new options. Besides that, you can always leave via &quotPerhaps not&quot

Yeah, that’s far too little for the Noman tattoo. The easiest way is to save up Tears and Storm Threnodies/Night Whispers (to buy buckets from the urchins) organically over a year and then you’re well set to get it, no problems.