Snow in Fallen London

[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]So-called snow is falling in Fallen London![/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]Starting today, Time, the Healer will bring ‘snow’ to doorsteps across London. You’ll need to dig your door out before you can get into your lodgings, or find someone to lend a hand.[/color]

https://www.failbettergames.com/snow-in-fallen-london/

Imgur
Imgur

My fellow Vake-slayers, I’m not quite sure WHAT I was expecting when I saw an option to revisit Mr. Veils’ room but in hindsight I suppose this was the most obvious outcome. Even if it is a rather sad one.

Has anyone who finished Ambition: Nemesis tried visiting Mr Cups or Mr Mirrors?

Mr. Mirrors is no different, unless you killed him too, in which case the option to visit does not appear. (Possibly changed later?)
Mr cups is Fallen London

How delightful! I’m so glad I murdered it.

[quote=suinicide]Mr. Mirrors is no different, unless you killed him too, in which case the option to visit does not appear. (Possibly changed later?)
Mr cups is Fallen London
This isn’t completely accurate. Someome who didn’t even do that ambition couldn’t see him either. There’s likely a bug in there somewhere.

[color=#e53e00] Fixed this! Mirrors is back! If anyone went in wanting to change him and couldn’t, please send a support ticket to: support@failbettergames.com and I’ll take away whatever you chose and put you back in the choosing spot. [/color]

The snow is upon us, so have anyone managed to find a recipe for sorbet? I’m currently short on components, cannot try myself.
edited by Aro Saren on 12/9/2020

I made some Solacefruit Champagne Royale but I didn’t see it. Perhaps it will unlock later in the season?

The sorbet might be unlocked from one of the later stations. I recall that some of the texts mention that a location next to the Hurlers is very cold.

But yes, I thought of lacre sorbet too. Mr Wines would probably eat that too.
edited by Rostygold on 12/10/2020

Also, just a reminder: if you haven’t gotten the four-card lodgings yet, you can grind the resources for the discounted purchases (on the appropriate opportunity cards) by getting Casing… through Parabola and then spending that at the Flit. That would help you prep for the upgrades to these lodgings later.
edited by Rostygold on 12/10/2020

I’ve noticed that this year, we can directly buy the Fraught Research Assistant from the Explore the Festive Season storylet. Was the option there in the previous years?

Is anyone aware of any use this companion may have/content they may unlock (in the Lab, the University Content, or perhaps in some Exceptional story)?

[quote=Rostygold]Also, just a reminder: if you haven’t gotten the four-card lodgings yet, you can grind the resources for the discounted purchases (on the appropriate opportunity cards) by getting Casing… through Parabola and then spending that at the Flit. That would help you prep for the upgrades to these lodgings later.
edited by Rostygold on 12/10/2020[/quote]

I feel like I am playing a different game these days. After 4 years away, things are quite different. Currently trying to grind a 4-card residence with hopes of upgrading to 5 thereafter. Still working old grinds while the rest of London is &quotaway.&quot

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy]I’ve noticed that this year, we can directly buy the Fraught Research Assistant from the Explore the Festive Season storylet. Was the option there in the previous years?

Is anyone aware of any use this companion may have/content they may unlock (in the Lab, the University Content, or perhaps in some Exceptional story)?[/quote]

The option is new. They removed that lootboxish mechanics and gave ways to purchase the unique items (the assistant and the ratty reliquary) elsewhere. (Reliquary can be up converted from one of the rat items)

Neither really have a use at the moment.

The Reliquary is part of the Church in the Wild storyline, which would have been nice to have for the one option, but I don’t think it really mattered in the end.

Minor warning - it seems the option is not locked by already having the companion. I now have two of them because I have a bad memory. I’ve sent a comment to support in case this is unintentional.

Update: it is intentional since it was possible to get more than one of them previously. Support has said they’ll add some warning text.
edited by Dagforth on 12/11/2020

Oh, I do like today’s Advent Calendar gift. Very stylish, and I can finally retire my rat-skin suit.

I agree. Unfortunately even my mid-grade ambition alts already all have something as good or better (those Whitsun fur coats are soooo comfy…).

But hey, it’s the thought that counts.
edited by Plynkes on 12/12/2020

I was on hiatus during Whitsun last year (and have been thoroughly annoyed with being locked out of actually quite a lot, since); I look forward to picking up the things I’m missing when it rolls around next year.

[quote=Plynkes]I agree. Unfortunately even my mid-grade ambition alts already all have something as good or better (those Whitsun fur coats are soooo comfy…).

But hey, it’s the thought that counts.
edited by Plynkes on 12/12/2020[/quote]

Oh, but it combines BiS-grade Shadowy with Bizarre. That alone makes it BiS for selling skeletons to the Tentacled Entrepreneur for Final Breaths, something I do quite a lot…