Snow in Fallen London

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy][quote=Plynkes]I agree. Unfortunately even my mid-grade ambition alts already all have something as good or better (those Whitsun fur coats are soooo comfy…).

But hey, it’s the thought that counts.
edited by Plynkes on 12/12/2020[/quote]

Oh, but it combines BiS-grade Shadowy with Bizarre. That alone makes it BiS for selling skeletons to the Tentacled Entrepreneur for Final Breaths, something I do quite a lot…[/quote]
Bloody hell. I hadn’t even thought about the bizarre. Just at the end of November I was in Polythreme to finally get a clothes colony specifically for the +1 bizarre. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Don’t think I’ve had any dealings with that fellow yet. Seeing as once they’ve deigned to talk to you, the buyers in the bone market don’t seem to mind you dressing and undressing right in front of them, I haven’t really given that any thought. It is one place where the clothing lock would make a lot of sense, but it is very convenient that it is absent. I have often sidled up to the fellow with the biscuits dressed up all respectable like a toff, only to put on my best sneaking knickers the minute we are in a conversation.

[quote=Rachel ][quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy][quote=Plynkes]I agree. Unfortunately even my mid-grade ambition alts already all have something as good or better (those Whitsun fur coats are soooo comfy…).

But hey, it’s the thought that counts.
edited by Plynkes on 12/12/2020[/quote]

Oh, but it combines BiS-grade Shadowy with Bizarre. That alone makes it BiS for selling skeletons to the Tentacled Entrepreneur for Final Breaths, something I do quite a lot…[/quote]
Bloody hell. I hadn’t even thought about the bizarre. Just at the end of November I was in Polythreme to finally get a clothes colony specifically for the +1 bizarre. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.[/quote]

It’s all in the details and the little things.

Which is, in my opinion, where FBG really shines. That alone is perhaps the most important reason I am so loyal to Fallen London (well, that and the writing, obviously). But these smallish, well thought out and considerate details make me view the good people at FBG as something like friends-in-the-distance more than a generic company with whom I am in a business-customer relationship.

Actually, this pen-friends-like feeling has been making me spend considerably more on Fate than I do on any AA+ games, for years now…

[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Delicious friends - Mr Sacks has begun his rounds! Each day from now until the 5th of January, a new card featuring the Crimson Beast of Winter will appear in the opportunity deck. Offer him gifts and earn rewards![/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Then - on the 6th of January - Penstock’s Wicket will open, giving you a chance to spend any Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre that you’ve accumulated over the festive season. This is a chance to acquire various rewards, including unusual lodgings and perhaps even your own noman (briefly).[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Merry Christmas, everyone![/color]

Anything new?

Oh dear. I’d forgotten I’d already gotten every new Master gift this season and gotten Mr. Sacks’ robe. And now HO HO HO is just hanging there at my lodgngs with nothing to do with it because every Master is blocked off. Has…has anyone else done this by accident? Did I accidentally just drop 30 Fate down a deep dark hole?

Not for the first day at least, from what I’ve seen.

HO HO HO sticks around until you use it, and we’ll likely get new Master gifts next year, so just save it until then!

Or contact support! This might just be a case where they’ll be willing to either refund it or make some new unique quality or something :)

If there are new Sacks options, they would appear on Day 4. Although last year the new story was also part of the announcement, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Thanks to the advice above, I’ve finally pulled away from family commitments long enough to give support a holler. Here’s hoping for the best!

EDIT: Fate’s been refunded, thanks be to support!
edited by Hattington on 12/26/2020

And lo, there in fact is a new Sacks option - Discourse with the Devils. Apparently, devilish poets wish to discuss the season with us, leading to a new Affiliation and a possible new poetry school association. The first echo can be found here, for those interested.

Edit: Oh, and for those aiming to peruse the new option - accepting it gives one Favours: Hell, but is not locked by having 7, so make sure you don’t miss out!
edited by Sir Reginald Monteroy on 12/28/2020

Just in case someone is reading this, when I encountered the devils’ option for the second time, I obtained 2 Favours:Hell. It’s probably safer to go into this with just a few Hell favours, or none, just in case this has a random range (I did not reach 7, so in my case, two was all I got).

Imgur
Imgur

A new Sacks interaction stemming from the Devils investigation appears.

The second interaction is on Day 10. Echo in my journal.

I have been promised one more dance.

[quote=PSGarak]The second interaction is on Day 10. Echo in my journal.

I have been promised one more dance.[/quote]

Oh my. It’s Sacks-Veils! Can’t wait to draw that card any minute now just to find out what the hell kind of effect murdering the Vake has had on it.

oooh! Do tell I’m most interested to know if there’s any effect (I suspect not but hope springs)

Finally got to Sacks, and unfortunately there seems to be no effect.

Aha, that time of the year! :)
Nothing new to the Wicket this year, but who doesn’t love some long-boxes or white friends? :)

And here’s the conclusion to the Devils’ little Christmas quest

For those who want to know the mechanical rewards for embarking on the dancing path:

[spoiler]Affiliation is named “The Rose Giveth Its Verses to Devils and Also to You.” +5 Dangerous, +2 Watchful, +1 Bizarre.

The Dangerous bonus is not technically best-in-slot, but is the best available to most players. Two Bag A Legend rewards give +6, this gives +5, and nothing else gives more than +2. [/spoiler]