Snow, and gifts from Mr Sacks!

This thread covers the mechanics of lacre and Mr. Sacks and such. Much of it is specifically for optimizing gains as a high-level player but I’m sure you can find some useful information. If you have a four-card lodging and are a PoSI then I’d recommend trying to upgrade the lodging to the five-card version. Otherwise (or if you get a five-card and have stuff left over) a Remote Address lodging would be a good goal. Those are pretty cheap at only three Taste of Lacre, or three buckets max, and while in use prevent several common but fairly useless cards from showing up.

Exactly!
Losing a bucket = losing 3 ToL with a monocle. Very problematic, that…

Getting an Incarnadine Fur Robe gives you 1 ToL though – so if you time things right you can substitute it for a level of ToL where you can’t effectively use the monocle, instead of doing something like dunking a soul. I think it gives a point of ToL, right?

[quote=thedeadlymoose]I was gifted (!!!) a sack dive, and got a curious catch.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Eris~Jay?fromEchoId=7289101[/quote]

You can get those at Mutton Island during the fall festival…I forget what it’s called exactly. But you can only have one at a time there because the action carousel that grants them cannot be repeated while you have one, so it’s nice to have an extra for next year!

Excuse me, but my TtH came just now and… did Snowbound ALWAYS remove one’s Lodgings from the map, or was it introduced recently? Because Jesus H. Christ, it gave me a right fright!

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=thedeadlymoose]I was gifted (!!!) a sack dive, and got a curious catch.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Eris~Jay?fromEchoId=7289101[/quote]

You can get those at Mutton Island during the fall festival…I forget what it’s called exactly. But you can only have one at a time there because the action carousel that grants them cannot be repeated while you have one, so it’s nice to have an extra for next year![/quote]
Deep-zee Catch, not Curious Catch. The latter is a quality and gets removed by TtH when the festival ends.

Kolanowski, it’s always been the way (as the snow blocks the path to your lodgings)…and yet every time I am surprised by it.

I was surprised the other way round- the snow didn’t kick me out of my lodgings, and i was accordingly shocked!.

I was surprised the other way round- the snow didn’t kick me out of my lodgings, and i was accordingly shocked!.[/quote]

So you have to dig out, instead of in… typical Surface issue! :)

Did you not get stuck in your lodgings?

I had a little chuckle as I hit refresh a few times on mobile, thinking it was a bug. Then it dawned on me that SNOWBOUND really means just that. Was a shade annoyed that I didn’t get a chance to use up some free evenings, so I went for the dangerous boosting DIY option instead.

I was surprised the other way round- the snow didn’t kick me out of my lodgings, and i was accordingly shocked!.[/quote]

[quote=navchaa]Did you not get stuck in your lodgings?

I had a little chuckle as I hit refresh a few times on mobile, thinking it was a bug. Then it dawned on me that SNOWBOUND really means just that. Was a shade annoyed that I didn’t get a chance to use up some free evenings, so I went for the dangerous boosting DIY option instead.

[/quote]
I don’t know! I imideately harvested my pail. Next time, though… next time!

I think it would be absolutely delightful RP-wise to be stuck in your lodgings while snowbound. Though, yes, it IS annoying!

Generally speaking, for anyone who hasn’t capped their Dangerous I genuinely recommend you to just clear your own snow instead for the giant Dangerous boost (you get the exact number of CP based on your base Dangerous) - leave the kind-hearted option for the capped, more experienced citizens.

Like, it’d save your Dangerous patron a bunch of lesson and free evening as well.

I just got a Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory from my dip in the sack, which was kindly gifted to me!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Shalinoth

Optimatum, could you message me the google doc link too please?

[quote=Estelle Knoht]Generally speaking, for anyone who hasn’t capped their Dangerous I genuinely recommend you to just clear your own snow instead for the giant Dangerous boost (you get the exact number of CP based on your base Dangerous) - leave the kind-hearted option for the capped, more experienced citizens.

Like, it’d save your Dangerous patron a bunch of lesson and free evening as well.[/quote]
I think it gives more boost than the base dangerous lvl. Because I went from 194 to capped in doing it twice (I did it twice because my TtH is monday, it was wierd.). Maybe it is ranged or the boost is increased this year.

[quote=suhe gul][quote=Estelle Knoht]Generally speaking, for anyone who hasn’t capped their Dangerous I genuinely recommend you to just clear your own snow instead for the giant Dangerous boost (you get the exact number of CP based on your base Dangerous) - leave the kind-hearted option for the capped, more experienced citizens.

Like, it’d save your Dangerous patron a bunch of lesson and free evening as well.[/quote]
I think it gives more boost than the base dangerous lvl. Because I went from 194 to capped in doing it twice (I did it twice because my TtH is monday, it was wierd.). Maybe it is ranged or the boost is increased this year.[/quote]
194 = 194/70 = 3 levels (less 16 cp) which means 194 -> 197. 197 = 197/70 = 3 levels (less 13 cp) 197-> 200. 194 and (29+ cp) -> 200 makes sense, Once you remember that levels stop scaling up their pricing at 70 cp per level, and remember that you were part-way through the level before, it’s consistent.

[li]I’ve looked everywhere for those b-----d urchins but I can’t find a single one selling any snow. Where am I supposed to look? I’ve already cleared my lodgings myself but I want MORE! MORE for my hedonism.

You need to use the Urchins faction card, so it’s either praying to the RNG or grinding favourable circumstances.

Edit: ignore me, I’m wrong. (Note: the Urchins card is only drawable in the Flit.)
edited by an_ocelot on 12/16/2015

You can draw the Urchins card anywhere, it’s exchanging favors with the Urchins that is only in the Flit.