Snow, and gifts from Mr Sacks!

@Ersata Librin: this guide should help: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21014-christmas-in-the-neath-a-guide.aspx

– Mal

You need to have one of the four card lodgings, three notability, and about nine taste of lacre. If you want the five card lodging that comes from the guest room at the Brass Embasy, you also need to lack a soul.

Snow is returning with Time the Healer, as I already cleared my path this morning and the way is again shut with ToH

Man, all this is really making me rethink my decision to blow all my buckets of lacre on an attempt to get the dark-carapaced crustacean. Not only am I going to miss out on all the taste-of-lacre goodies, but on stealing cool stuff from the Masters too! Curse me and my desire to have as many pets as possible!

Though I suppose one of those home comforts could be considered a pet of sorts…hmmm…I’m gonna have to think this over some more.

[quote=Kukapetal]Man, all this is really making me rethink my decision to blow all my buckets of lacre on an attempt to get the dark-carapaced crustacean. Not only am I going to miss out on all the taste-of-lacre goodies, but on stealing cool stuff from the Masters too! Curse me and my desire to have as many pets as possible!

Though I suppose one of those home comforts could be considered a pet of sorts…hmmm…I’m gonna have to think this over some more.[/quote]
You could use night whispers and storm-threnodies to get the best of both worlds, ya-know? It’s probably not viable, but yeah, it’s an option.

[quote=Kukapetal]Man, all this is really making me rethink my decision to blow all my buckets of lacre on an attempt to get the dark-carapaced crustacean. Not only am I going to miss out on all the taste-of-lacre goodies, but on stealing cool stuff from the Masters too! Curse me and my desire to have as many pets as possible!

Though I suppose one of those home comforts could be considered a pet of sorts…hmmm…I’m gonna have to think this over some more.[/quote]
If it helps you any, I can say I have a pair and don’t much treasure them.

Glad to see new gifts this year! I picked up a Tea Set, partly because it’s the only Respectable Home Comfort in existence right now.

I chose the Fate option, investigated the cloak and got home comfort. Was there anything more to this storyline that I missed?

Nope. Using the robe basically just gets you a little text and a nice home comfort, many of which have a point of BDR, making them very useful for POSI.

Not really, that’s all the content you get from that story as far as I know.

You need to have one of the four card lodgings, three notability, and about nine taste of lacre. If you want the five card lodging that comes from the guest room at the Brass Embasy, you also need to lack a soul.[/quote]
Which, if you have the Guest Room, has a very convienient option to sell your soul on its card around this time of year, which will also get you just enough to buy a pail of snow from the urchins. So if you’re just a bit away from enough taste of Lacre and haven’t lost your soul yet, good option if you’re planning to.

SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Eli~V~Tso?fromEchoId=7284161

(my friends got one of the Research Assistants and some Beetles, and the other got a heavily dented tin of zzoup and an emergency blunderbuss that was attempted to use to open the tin)
edited by Eli V Tso on 12/14/2015

If I /do/ sell my soul to get that third 5 card lodging, how do you get it back these days?

Whatever shall I do with all these research assistants?

I have looked forward to this all year.

I am playing Light Fingers, and have never reset my ambition. And this is my first character. And his first Sacksmas in the Neath.

I will have not one but two dealings with the urchins. You had to see their eyes when they spoke of the Orphanage.

I will not abide this treatment of children on Sacksmas!

[quote=Ben ]If I /do/ sell my soul to get that third 5 card lodging, how do you get it back these days?[/quote]Two options:

1. Wait for a card (Unusual Frequency) and pay Fate. Note: the Fate cost increases each time you use this to find your soul.

2. Open Bundles of Oddities with a possible value of at least 200 (that is the exact bundle number you want to hit to get your soul). The closest you can get to 200 is via the One’s Public opportunity card. Such a bundle will have a 1/200 chance of retrieving your soul. For comparison, opening a bundle received from a Surprise Package has a 1/1008 chance to contain your soul.

edited by dov on 12/15/2015

Are there any unique items to be found in the Sack other than the Fraught Research Assistant?

I found a reliquary for a famous rat. (A ratty reliquary) May they rest in peace. It doesn’t have a use however.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suinicide?fromEchoId=7284254
edited by suinicide on 12/15/2015

I was gifted (!!!) a sack dive, and got a curious catch.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Eris~Jay?fromEchoId=7289101

[li]
So far the only ones we’ve found are the Ratty Reliquary (about 1% chance) and the Research Assistant (about 10% chance). There are still a few rare bundles we haven’t identified yet, though, so further bulletins may be forthcoming.