SMEN Betrayals, looking for fresh fresh betrayals!

It can be hard finding people willing to be betrayed for SMEN.

In this thread, post if you are looking for, or willing to be betrayed. Mainly people willing to be betrayed, because thats much more needed. The seekers thank you for your clean mind!

1 Like

What does betrayal entail, exactly?
And do you have to be a seeker to be betrayed? If not, I might offer to help.

I’m not betrayable or looking for a betrayal target, but having gone through this process not that long ago here is a quick betrayal FAQ.

Am I Eligible?

To be an eligible candidate for Betrayal you need to not already have any Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name. You must also have Watchful 30 or higher.

What Happens to Me?

You will be sent a social action that begs you to reject it. Should you accept you will receive some Nightmares (about 8 CP) and one point of Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name.

Can I stop Seeking After?

Yes. Once you are at Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name 1 you will fairly quickly draw either An Alphabet of Scars or A Banner With a Strange Device. Pick the option that says you’ll try to escape and you’ll get a couple wounds and nightmares (about 2 CP of each) and be taken to what is essentially the Seeking consent form. Select the option to give up the search and you will lose all your Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name and gain the Free of the Name quality.

Can I Be Betrayed More Than Once?

At the moment, yes. Free of the Name doesn’t currently do anything so you can be betrayed, free yourself, and be betrayed again as much as you like. However, I wouldn’t expect this to last forever and there’s no telling when the change may come so if you think you might want to seek some day I wouldn’t accept multiple betrayals.
edited by An Individual on 8/11/2016

Ah, people can feel free to betray sunnytime, as he will not be seeking.

Afterwards I may send you a nightmare reduction. I would appreciate it if you accept it.
edited by suinicide on 8/12/2016

My alt is already Seeking, but my main, cathyr19355, would not mind being betrayed, as she has several times blundered onto the Path and succeeded in fighting her way back out again.

Scariest moment in FL: getting betrayed and leaving the quest on my alt. See “you no longer have any of this” for all the candles, and assume its for my main. Never understood why people said “you almost gave me a heart attack” before.

i’m here for a fresh betrayal!

It may be cruel, but we need Betrayals.

I’m going to be stalking this thread for a while.

[quote=An Individual]I’m not betrayable or looking for a betrayal target, but having gone through this process not that long ago here is a quick betrayal FAQ.

Am I Eligible?

To be an eligible candidate for Betrayal you need to not already have any Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name. You must also have Watchful 30 or higher.

What Happens to Me?

You will be sent a social action that begs you to reject it. Should you accept you will receive some Nightmares (about 8 CP) and one point of Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name.

Can I stop Seeking After?

Yes. Once you are at Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name 1 you will fairly quickly draw either An Alphabet of Scars or A Banner With a Strange Device. Pick the option that says you’ll try to escape and you’ll get a couple wounds and nightmares (about 2 CP of each) and be taken to what is essentially the Seeking consent form. Select the option to give up the search and you will lose all your Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name and gain the Free of the Name quality.

Can I Be Betrayed More Than Once?

At the moment, yes. Free of the Name doesn’t currently do anything so you can be betrayed, free yourself, and be betrayed again as much as you like. However, I wouldn’t expect this to last forever and there’s no telling when the change may come so if you think you might want to seek some day I wouldn’t accept multiple betrayals.
edited by An Individual on 8/11/2016[/quote]

EDIT: FYI. My main, cathyr19355, has now been Betrayed 4 times and fought her way free 4 times. She now has Freed of the Name at about 3.5. Since I have a Seeking alt, I have no problem with multiple betrayals. If I succeed in making my main character irrevocably FRTN, that’s a plus; if not, I can go on helping (for peculiar varieties of &quothelp&quot) my determinedly Seeking friends).
Wow, I just got two betrayals in one day–and fought my way Free of the Name as to both! I’m now up to about 4.5 FRTN. :-) NOTE: I did not attempt to accept both betrayals at once; I waited to accept the second until I had played An Alphabet of Scars and freed myself from the first one. If An Individual turns out to be correct and cathyr19355 ever ceases to be betrayable, I will let everyone know.
edited by cathyr19355 on 8/29/2016
edited by cathyr19355 on 9/20/2016
edited by cathyr19355 on 9/22/2016
edited by cathyr19355 on 9/22/2016

On a related note, it seems that Betrayals are like Patronage invitations; you can’t send more than one to people at once. I don’t know if anyone else knew this, but either way, it’s no longer a valid idea to send it to a random person, no matter how desperate you are.

On a related note, it seems that Betrayals are like Patronage invitations; you can’t send more than one to people at once. I don’t know if anyone else knew this, but either way, it’s no longer a valid idea to send it to a random person, no matter how desperate you are.[/quote]
That’s a good point to make, though I would be reluctant to randomly betray anyone for the Name. If you succeed it means they are not Seeking, and would be annoyed with you unless they’d given you leave to issue their character a Betrayal.

Four souls sunk! My FRIEND! My LOVER! My WIFE! My CAT! They come to me WILLINGLY and then they KNOW. Now more.

More.

Anyone who wants a seeking betrayal, i will provide. those who do not- well, i can afford the kittens.

Ah, I will not be Seeking. I’m up for a good betrayal.

I am ready to betray people.

EDIT: NVM, watchful is too low. Will be back when it is higher.
edited by Grenem on 9/19/2016

[quote=Grenem]http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NULLIFIED
This is my new Seeking alt. It needs a betrayal. Please send it soon. Thanks![/quote]

doing it as im writting :).

edit: Doesn’t look like I can do it, are you sure you have more than 30 watchful?
edited by The Master on 9/19/2016

[quote=The Master][quote=Grenem]http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NULLIFIED
This is my new Seeking alt. It needs a betrayal. Please send it soon. Thanks![/quote]

doing it as im writting :).

edit: Doesn’t look like I can do it, are you sure you have more than 30 watchful?
edited by The Master on 9/19/2016[/quote]
oh. oops! I’ll repost when I do, sorry!

Parvorus would be available to be betrayed.

Successly betrayed, thanks!
edited by Grenem on 9/22/2016