Ship Names

Captain Bruna Tirosdottir is currently commanding the SS Pilgrim. I’ve only occasionally renamed my ships as I like the idea that they had some sort of previous-and-possibly-shadowy history.

My character commands the “Brazen Hussy”, a corvette. In the past I’ve liked the “Watchful and Wary” a lot, and I have a soft spot for the name “Audacious” as well.

Lord Captain Stableforth, being a loyal follower of Her Fallen Majesty, named his Merchant Cruiser the appropriately named HFM Sovereign.
edited by Dread Lord on 5/18/2016

My Laconic Laureate once commanded the “Marauder”, a dearly-beloved Maenad-class frigate with a roaring beast of an engine. She needed a ship that could sail fast, for she intended to go in harm’s way: and for years, the Marauder sufficed.

After she sailed East, her scion cobbled together some echoes and purchased a merchant cruiser. The Steadfast Sonneteer, lacking his predecessor’s restless spirit but a shrewd and fiercely industrious man in his own right, named his ship “Providence”.

The Ferryman, as befits my crew’s usual destination. Her captain, The Turbulent Priest, has a very high turnover rate, even when not having to use the crew as rations. Or fuel.
edited by Alexander Feld on 6/12/2016

My second captain had a Merchant Cruiser named Copper Queen (she did a lot of business at Khan’s Heart because it was positioned very near the center of the map and could be easily reached from just about anywhere). My third captain had a punny Corvette called Night of the West, which she exchanged for the merchant cruiser Darkdrop Delight, named in honor of one of the zee’s most common and profitable cargoes.

I like to incorporate references to other series I enjoy that take place in a similarly Gothic Victorian setting, hence shipnames such as &quotThe Playwright&quot and &quotThe Dream Eater&quot.

Haven’t played SS in a while, but I used to alternate between
&quotThe King in Yellow&quot and &quotThe Queen in Red&quot.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 6/21/2016

All of mine are named after bands or songs.
My first ship was the Josephine.
My current ship is The Manifesto.

The Stargazer! after the spooky looking fish by the same name. also it fits well with the lore imho.

Captain Ashton Delacourt II currently commands the Inanna, after the rather unfortunate fate of Captain Ashton Delacourt I and the Ineluctable. (Sir Ashton Delacourt, who started this whole mess, was of course asking for it by naming his ship the Inadvisable.)

Previous ships names have included the Golden Bough, the Bloody Hell!, the Circe, the Longshanks, the Fangs of Winter, the Indigo and the She’s one of ours, sir! (I was delighted to discover that last is, in fact, within the character limit.)
edited by Jack Vaux-Harrowden on 7/3/2016

[quote=Rupho Schartenhauer]Haven’t played SS in a while, but I used to alternate between
&quotThe King in Yellow&quot and &quotThe Queen in Red&quot.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 6/21/2016[/quote]

Those seem like very unlucky names for ships.

At the moment Captain Maria Dolores has &quotThe Pirate’s Lament&quot. Sadly she’ll never be able to go up against the Pirate-Poet.

[quote=Nenjin]Captain Avery Toomes commands the Maenid Class Frigate Trenchard’s Revenge, and woe to any man or beast that crosses his path.
edited by Nenjin on 8/9/2014[/quote]

Man, I loved that book series…

Named my ship Pike’s Light.
Decided that was a good name because it is one of FTL’s best weapon on my best ship. Also my iron was fairly high.

My Dreadnought, The Merry Berry is the cherry of the zee.

I used to have a Pleasure Yacht, the Dream-Weaver. Then things happened, and now I have the hulking wreck of a Pleasure Yacht, The Reckoning Postponed.

I chose to name my Majestic Pleasure Yacht in FL “The Apple of Discord”.

&quotThe Saucy Sue&quot is always my go-to for ship names.

The Dean’s zub is named The Peligin Oak , after the color of the depths and the Dean’s favorite tree.

As I have often boasted, I am the proud captain of Mr Eaten’s Revenge.

…however, outside of spoiler-safe havens, I have espoused its actual name, which I will dare to utter here:

[spoiler] The ship’s real name is actually Mr Candle’s Revenge.
edited by SouthSea Rutherby on 9/19/2016

Should we meet at zee I think we might come to blows!