Serpentine Arrangements. Bribe some voters.

Many things have happened to us, and I am, quite unsubtly so, saddened by my favoured candidate’s descent into hands of another. Due to this, I have decided to host this meeting.

The rules:

If you’re a free voter, post what you wish to be bribed with, how many campaign and Notability you have on your person and your current candidate, along with after how much time the bidding will stop. If you accept several currencies, specify their relationship in terms of value.

Example:
Vavakx Nonexus: Fixer, 19C + 6N, currently Contrarian, will check in 24 hours, will take First City Coins or Surprise Packages in a 2:3 ratio.

A reminder: The Voter’s career level will be lowered if they switch candidates. Because of this, we have to present more info, like the current candidate and your career level and Notability as separate.
After this, the buyers may begin the bidding. When the specified time passes, the free vote will agree to vote for the candidate of the highest bidder’s choosing. If the presented bids end up equal in value, the oldest bid wins. You cannot edit your comment as a bidder.

A reminder: Due to the surprising lack of morality among Londoners, the bids have to be rewarded before the voter switches their candidate, and soon after the Voter declares the Highest Bidder. If 12 Hours pass without a reaction, the voter is allowed to accept the second highest bid instead.

Example:
Bidder A: 1 set of coins of Vavakx.
Bidder B: 2 sets on Vavakx!
Bidder A: 2 sets and a box on the same!
Vavakx: Bidder A wins.

After the bidding, the vote will have to showcase his new candidate of choice in his scrapbook to the highest bidder, either through PM or through this topic. If it is done through PM, the bidder has to post a confirmation in this thread.

I think that this will be a wonderful way to avoid having to senselessly destroy votes, instead profiting from the inadequate supply of candidates and the burning passion (and wallets) of this election’s participants.

I will start with my own free vote:

Vavakx Nonexus: Fixer, 19C + 6N, currently Contrarian, will check in 18 hours, will take First City Coins or Surprise Packages in a 2:3 ratio.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/11/2016

Wait, how many First City Coins is that?

Wait, how many First City Coins is that?[/quote]

1. They are easily gained through the Heart’s Desire ambition via contacting your alts about a certain ‘Museum of Mistakes’, but the HD account has to have less than 77 coins on it, as having more will make the storylet disappear. Therefore, it is adviced to stockpile coins on an alt who does the stealing.

1. They are easily gained through the Heart’s Desire ambition via contacting your alts about a certain ‘Museum of Mistakes’, but the HD account has to have less than 77 coins on it, as having more will make the storylet disappear. Therefore, it is adviced to stockpile coins on an alt who does the stealing.[/quote]
    I have 230 of the things, see my mantelpiece. I’ll give you 30 coins the day after the polls close if you switch your support to the Bishop.
    Edit: Missed the rule about no editing.
    edited by Anne Auclair on 7/11/2016

One set of coins on Vavakx for Jenny!

30 coins and a Stravling Cat on Vavakx for the Contrarian!

Whilst your enthusiasm is appreciated, your offer breaks several of the Arrangement’s rules. While others may be fine with delayed payments or post editing, I am not, and have made several rules to avoid unhealthy bidder behavior.

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus][color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]You cannot edit your comment as a bidder.[/color]
And
A reminder: [color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Due to the surprising lack of morality among Londoners, the bids have to be rewarded before the voter switches their candidate, and soon after the Voter declares the Highest Bidder. If 12 Hours pass without a reaction, the voter is allowed to accept the second highest bid instead.[/color][/quote]

Please, make a new post with the increased bid, promised to be delivered soon after confirmation. Thank you for participating in the Arrangement.

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus][quote=Anne Auclair]
I have 230 of the things, see my mantelpiece. I’ll give you 60 coins the day after the polls close if you switch your support to the Bishop.
[/quote]

Whilst your enthusiasm is appreciated, your offer breaks several of the Arrangement’s rules. While others may be fine with delayed payments or post editing, I am not, and have made several rules to avoid unhealthy bidder behavior.

Sorry, I missed that sentence. I’ll correct my initial post with a comment and a repost.

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]And
A reminder: [color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Due to the surprising lack of morality among Londoners, the bids have to be rewarded before the voter switches their candidate, and soon after the Voter declares the Highest Bidder. If 12 Hours pass without a reaction, the voter is allowed to accept the second highest bid instead.[/color][/quote]
Yeah, what if you get the bribe and then do not switch your candidate? Or switch to a completely different candidate? Or switch twice. Or take another bribe to switch back? I think bidders should be allowed to set their own terms for how payment is to be delivered as they’re taking just as big a risk. If you want immediate payment, no problem, I withdraw my offer. But I don’t think that should be an absolute rule because it assumes all the treachery will be on the bidder’s end when, really, treachery is a two way street.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/11/2016

1. They are easily gained through the Heart’s Desire ambition via contacting your alts about a certain ‘Museum of Mistakes’, but the HD account has to have less than 77 coins on it, as having more will make the storylet disappear. Therefore, it is adviced to stockpile coins on an alt who does the stealing.[/quote]
    I have 230 of the things, see my mantelpiece. I’ll give you 30 coins the day after the polls close if you switch your support to the Bishop.
    Edit: Missed the rule about no editing.
    edited by Anne Auclair on 7/11/2016[/quote]
    I bid 30 coins initially, would raise it to 60, but in light of VN’s requirements this offer is withdrawn.

That’s rather like tying the legs of a week dead horse to make sure he can’t outrace the steroid-pumped stallion speeding down the track.[/quote]
Poor Bishop.[li]

Never become complacent…

Interesting idea. Thanks, Vavakx.

Ysrthgrathe: Campaigner, 10C + 10N, Bishop, will check in 48 hours, will take starveling cats.

I am also ready to buy starveling cats with first city coins or alternatively bribe others by your command with these coins for starveling cats.

A Cat, a cat!
I’ll buy your vote with one of that!
Some silver? To be sure!
It’s old, I’m told.

(1 cat + 30 coins) for the Contrarian.

[quote=Ysrthgrathe]
Ysrthgrathe: Campaigner, 10C + 10N, Bishop, will check in 48 hours, will take starveling cats.[/quote]

I would like to know the reason for attempting to corner the Starveling Cat market.

(is there such a thing?)

Since I have now learned all three are courrpt as crap, I may as well join in. I have 11 for Jenny right now, and tomorrow I’m willing to spend some fate to switch all 11.

However, I do not corrupt easy considering the other options are just as bad if not worse, and willl therefore require a rather significant bribe. However I also don’t have a idea for said significant bribe so make me a offer.

EDIT: Just looked at my dislikes for this post and it seems people think i am being unreasonable. I probably am and I apolgise if that is the case, I wrote this early in the morning and have no idea what a good exchane rate is. I would also like to clarify that by significant I don’t necssicary mean big, but rather a interesting and/or meaningful offer. Just make me a interesting offer you think is worth it.
edited by Kylestien on 7/12/2016

EDIT: Just looked at my dislikes for the above post and it seems people think i am being unreasonable. I probably am and I apolgise if that is the case, I wrote this early in the morning and have no idea what a good exchange rate is for 11 campaigner. I would also like to clarify that by significant I don’t necssicary mean big, but rather a interesting and/or meaningful offer. Just make me a interesting offer you think is worth 11 in your candidate.
edited by Kylestien on 7/12/2016

I would say it is less of an exchange rate and more of this thread exsisting in general, poor london. And obviously jenny has it anyway. Cheers!

Well, all three of our candidates are corrupt, so why not indulge in a bit ourselves? XD

[quote=Kylestien]Well, all three of our candidates are corrupt, so why not indulge in a bit ourselves? XD[/quote]Lagging way behind the updates and still confused about what is going on right now.
I know Jenny has always been the &quottrue&quot and &quotsmart&quot politician with her maneuvering and blackmailing which most likely comes across as corrupt to some. But what’s happening with the Bishop and Contrarian?

[quote=Sinnouk][quote=Kylestien]Well, all three of our candidates are corrupt, so why not indulge in a bit ourselves? XD[/quote]Lagging way behind the updates and still confused about what is going on right now.
I know Jenny has always been the &quottrue&quot and &quotsmart&quot politician with her maneuvering and blackmailing which most likely comes across as corrupt to some. But what’s happening with the Bishop and Contrarian?[/quote]

The Contrarian has a new advisor in the form of February, of the Calendar Council, and is secretly giving away his campaign funds to the other candidates. The Bishop is going to reveal a list of all the soulless peeps, and got some more info about his past romance (or non-romance. Can’t be certain.) with the poet.