Seeking Mr Eaten's name

‘Rewarding’ is certainly one word for it. Personally, I’d go with absolutely insane.

It’s rewarding. I’m now at 24. And I have spent almost 20k Echoes so far!

[color=#009900]That is solid work! Well done.

Incidentally I hate to bring a possible downer, but I should point out that 28 has never been a significant number in Eaten lore. You can probably conjecture some. But, you know, things change.[/color]

But can you do the ridiculous expensive option needing three 1500 echo items yet? ;)
edited by Optimatum on 6/9/2016

[quote=bjorntfh]It’s rewarding. I’m now at 24. And I have spent almost 20k Echoes so far![/quote]Eaten is hitting The Masters where it hurts: The destruction of capital.

With my SMEN at 1 I don’t seem to have any Seeking options at my lodgings, do I need to get it higher before they appear?

I should definitely stop taking boatman trips as a result of these cards but the writing…

I think the lodging thing pops up at SMEN 2.

Whoa, dude, chill, this is your most cryptic post to date. I have no idea what any of these words mean.[/quote]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Sorry! This should clarify.[/color]

I am so glad I can shove a giant monster goat down a well. I have been looking for that option since seeking came back.
(Also seven fluke cores?)

One of these things is not like the other. I suspect the Starveling Cat sacrifice won’t get a candle, somehow.

More than one Fluke-Core is also an interesting thought.

Love the Night in the Lonesome October homage. But no chance for NiteBrite to sacrifice the Heptagoat? (No chance at this level, that is).

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 6/9/2016

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Sorry! This should clarify.[/color]

[/quote]

the forums software fights back
edited by Spacemarine9 on 6/9/2016

As quite a newcomer I made an mistake and thought it said All Alexis’s children were spawned for sacrifice.

That’s probably true as well.

She may be new, but she understands the spirit of Fallen London!

– Mal

And of course dropcanvas refuses to load for me right now.

[quote=malthaussen]@Harlocke: you can experience the lore by following all the various Mr Eaten threads, now and in the past. So far as actively Seeking, it is very much like being a little bit pregnant. It is not the sort of thing you can experience without serious consequences, and quitting midway through is said to be the worst of all possible worlds.

– Mal[/quote]
There is a madness in me that yearns to seek just long enough to destroy my lodgings, so i can get rid of the useless ones. There are optimization instincts in me that are near as mad as seeking.

This is undoubtedly a terrible idea that is not worth it, but… the temptation persists. Waiting for evidence that there’ll be a way to opt back in in time, that it’s not a one-shot or never storyline, but instead a one-shot, with extra reqs to go back again, and losing all progress at the time.

(Also, unless seeking added a source for them, how would you get 7 fluke cores?)

[quote=Grenem]There is a madness in me that yearns to seek just long enough to destroy my lodgings, so i can get rid of the useless ones. There are optimization instincts in me that are near as mad as seeking.

This is undoubtedly a terrible idea that is not worth it, but… the temptation persists. Waiting for evidence that there’ll be a way to opt back in in time, that it’s not a one-shot or never storyline, but instead a one-shot, with extra reqs to go back again, and losing all progress at the time.

(Also, unless seeking added a source for them, how would you get 7 fluke cores?)[/quote]

I see I’m not the only one who wants to get rid of cheaper lodgings. I have a Rooftop Shack but I really don’t want to go back to prison to ensure I start benefiting from it.

A certain cave will get you the Fluke-Cores, I think. It’s probably an incredibly tedious process, because you have to convert a lot of stuff, which means large quantities of money will probably be required anyway.

The Cave of the Nadir source only lets you get 1 Flute-Core at a time since the card can’t be drawn while you have one.