Seeking Mr Eaten's name

[quote=Talking Dog][quote=The Master][quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]Does anyone know of how to grind UP without doing seeker actions at my lodgings? I know there’s the Mirror Marches, but I’d prefer to stay in London if I can.

Also, just curious, but what does folding the Masters’ card do?[/quote]

Giving starveling cat to someone and back gives UP(can be done on an alt too, if you really want to I guess).[/quote]

I gained my UP via the starveling cat in the Cats and Bats storyline. I’m kind of wondering if sources of UP will be reined in now that it carries more significance…[/quote]

I gained mine in the Palace, if you have a 2 UP already you can grind up by attending an evening at Duchess’ the Salon and speaking of terrible things… (goes up to UP6 I think)

Get refreshments at Coil 1 of the Labyrinth of Tigers or eat table scraps from the Wounds opportunity card.

Is the You Can’t Sleep For Hunger storylet gone for everyone? I assumed mine disappeared when I chose to seek the name…
I’ve had UP erased in the past by eating Scraps from the Table in the A Restorative card, but I doubt that will work if you are seeking.

Reckless, young me used to think it would be a good a idea to grind for UP in order to &quotprepare&quot for when the new SMEN storyline came out. Today I am wiser, far less prone to self-destruction, and stuck with this:

Let the Menace cards come, I suppose. The first one is already here, and its black-framed arrival has struck me with quite a scare.
edited by Arlecchinata on 6/8/2016
edited by Arlecchinata on 6/8/2016

Is the You Can’t Sleep For Hunger storylet gone for everyone? I assumed mine disappeared when I chose to seek the name…
I’ve had UP erased in the past by eating Scraps from the Table in the A Restorative card, but I doubt that will work if you are seeking.[/quote]

It’s gone for everyone, yes.

I was just given an opportunity myself. I clicked on it. I’m terrified. What have I done?

EDIT: Answered by action. Found out MM is now tied to time the healer; and impaling yourself on shrubbery is a lot, lot friendlier than it used to be…

For those who may have gotten quite far with the old Seeking content - have any of you also found that your ‘Marsh Mired’ quality had vanished?

I had gotten to stage 8, used to have an UP of 10, and had gained 3/7 candles up until it was retired due to the island palava - to get past 7 necessitated have MM in dreams of sustenance.
But I had an option on the 2 of bats that was unlocked as I had no MM.

Purely curious if this story (un)quality had been undone for all other seekers who had already gotten that far?
edited by Kravan on 6/8/2016

Ow. I perverted my studies at SMEN 3, which needed SotC 9 (I had 16) and it brought me to SMEN 4… and halved my SotC.

[quote=Howard John Abrahall]EDIT: Answered by action. Found out MM is now tied to time the healer; and impaling yourself on shrubbery is a lot, lot friendlier than it used to be…
edited by Kravan on 6/8/2016[/quote]

Now, we just need to see if it gets worse for each level of SMEN.

If you don’t listen to the opt-out warning, what is the item it gives you that allows you to opt out of SMEN at any time?

I’m now stuck on that card, and have to decide whether to seek or not.
edited by Harlocke on 6/8/2016

A Bad End.

Does the initial act of accepting A Bad End have any harmful effects? I’m thinking about taking it, but then soon opting out afterward so I can see a bit of the lore without getting too badly hurt.

It might give some menaces, but I don’t remember any serious consequences. It’s been a while, though.

Basically everything after it will hurt though.

@Professor Sketch: Seeking will go up as you draw black-bordered Opportunity Cards to indulge in various depravities, which are dependent on your level of U.P.

My main experimented with SMEN, and really had no problem until certain depravities appeared. Really, eating teeth? How absurd.

Looks like it is up to the alt I designed specifically for seeking.

Does the initial act of accepting A Bad End have any harmful effects? I’m thinking about taking it, but then soon opting out afterward so I can see a bit of the lore without getting too badly hurt.[/quote]
You will not see lore without getting badly hurt.

@Harlocke: you can experience the lore by following all the various Mr Eaten threads, now and in the past. So far as actively Seeking, it is very much like being a little bit pregnant. It is not the sort of thing you can experience without serious consequences, and quitting midway through is said to be the worst of all possible worlds.

– Mal

I’m proudly at SMEN 18 before going to bed. Tomorrow will be rewarding.

Get refreshments at Coil 1 of the Labyrinth of Tigers or eat table scraps from the Wounds opportunity card.[/quote]
Thanks ^^

Though I have no intention of destroying my character in a mad and hopeless quest, I’m really glad this is back in the game as it really adds to the overall atmosphere. And it’s fun watching other people destroy their characters :P