Seeking Mr Eaten's name

WE BURN! OH WHAT INCENSE IS MY FLESH!

@Hobnail: think of the children!

– Mal

@mal. Please don’t burn the children.

[quote=malthaussen]@Hobnail: think of the children!

– Mal[/quote]

Oh god, you gave her an idea, please, someone, get the constables!

Does anyone know if folding the note in “Two of bats” stops you from seeking the name? I’d like to get it out of my hand, but I’m a bit unsure.

It does not

Thanks!

What do you even need connections to those people for? Burn your connections. Burn them.
edited by Alonois on 6/8/2016

What do you even need connections to those people for? Burn your connections. Burn them.[/quote]

Mostly I want to get arrested for seeking the name, then get them to bail me out of jail.

Yeah… so, to anyone asking if they can meet the entry requirements without giving up something valuable… without being spoilery, this probably is not the content for you.

Or certainly not for your main.

I just got a card titled &quotSIX OF PEARLS.&quot It asked me if I wanted to eat my own teeth, or break into a dentist’s office and eat someone else’s.

I chose to steal others’ since I’m not a monster unlike some people in this city.

In all seriousness, prospective Seekers who have not taken heed of the warnings sprinkled here and there about this content should do so. It will be necessary to destroy or abandon everything your character holds dear to advance the content, and there will be no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This is the truest Faustian bargain in FL (selling your soul is trivial), and should not be undertaken unless one is sincerely prepared to sacrifice everything.
I think this is important, because it would be terrible to see a repeat of the Winking Isle debacle because someone got their nose out of joint over the consequences of Seeking.

– Mal

This is cool to see the SMEN content return. I don’t plan on seeking with my main…I’ve become fond of the grumpy bugger and their connections, stats, and inventory items. I’m considering seeking with one of my alts, but it’s a decision that doesn’t have to be made right now.

But I’m really enjoying following the conversation about SMEN here on the forum!

I’m curious if there is any content that interacts with Renown factions, and if it affects Renown.

Also, I accidentally reported someone… Touch screens are annoying.

I’m glad SMEN is back, it’s fundamentally a very different idea from what we usually see in games - but I kinda wish the player introduction to the idea was more solid.
When I acquired Peckish it wasn’t related to the Name, and if I hadn’t already known about the Mr. Eaten content I feel like it would be very disjointed to read about my character desperately searching for a name the player knows nothing about, all the more so when the card goes “What are you doing to yourself?” and lowers connections with no real warning before that choice.

I guess what I want is a clearer relation between Peckish and SMEN, or some kind of event where you begin your search as soon as you acquire Peckish, just so it’ll make a bit more sense (and pack more punch) when you start running into Bad Stuff.

That aside, this is super exciting!

@th8827: I don’t think that’s been determined, yet. The original content would strip Connected, so one presumes there would be new content to strip Renown. But perhaps Alexis/FBG haven’t gotten to it yet.

– Mal

Does anyone know of how to grind UP without doing seeker actions at my lodgings? I know there’s the Mirror Marches, but I’d prefer to stay in London if I can.

Also, just curious, but what does folding the Masters’ card do?

[quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]Does anyone know of how to grind UP without doing seeker actions at my lodgings? I know there’s the Mirror Marches, but I’d prefer to stay in London if I can.

Also, just curious, but what does folding the Masters’ card do?[/quote]

Giving starveling cat to someone and back gives UP(can be done on an alt too, if you really want to I guess).

[quote=The Master][quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]Does anyone know of how to grind UP without doing seeker actions at my lodgings? I know there’s the Mirror Marches, but I’d prefer to stay in London if I can.

Also, just curious, but what does folding the Masters’ card do?[/quote]

Giving starveling cat to someone and back gives UP(can be done on an alt too, if you really want to I guess).[/quote]

I gained my UP via the starveling cat in the Cats and Bats storyline. I’m kind of wondering if sources of UP will be reined in now that it carries more significance…

Eating the chestnuts doesn’t lower peckish if you’re below two. Any idea how to get rid of peckish so I stop getting that frightening card? Is it possible to lose all your peckish with another SMEN card?