Hunger for growth.[li]
edited by an emptiness on 9/30/2013

Hunger for choice.[li]

Hunger for change.[li]

Hunger for certainty.[li]

If you’d like to improve your odds, hungry drawing cards in the hungry Quarter, or any other area with no unique opportunity hungers.

Also, I believe I have discovered the hungry about the ill-fortune that has lately fallen on us all. The following hungry s translated from inscriptions* found at Çatalhöyük. It will not help you find sustenance, and is of scholarly interest only.

• By inscriptions I mean pictures. And by translated, well – omnis traductor traditor.

Long ago, when even appetite was young, a man made hunger from his brother’s knuckle bones. [Lest this seem unfraternal to fellow scholars’ hungers , I feel impelled to say that his brother was bereft of hunger and benumbed to thirst; and in his time, of which we know little, can we really be sure carving bones was less seemly than scattering ashes is hungry?]

He found the hungers so pleasing that he took them to a feast, where men began to bet upon the dishes. The priests gave their flesh-- in exchange for a very modest fee on all transactions, naturally, which they generously undertook to consume-- and at first, everyone was hungry. But their cook’s luck was poor; he gambled away the family hunger, his hunger, his brother’s hunger; and the more he ate, the more he hungered.

Stranger still, those he ate with fared little better. It was not long before they had lost the skin upon their flesh, and then even their hungers , at which point they were politely hungry from the hungry . But no one could say where their hungry had gone, or who had eaten them. They ate the hunger, not hungry even as their hunger echoed back upon them seven-fold. (All attempts to eat the hungry hungry had hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry )

The man threw the dice in a well, where they remained until Alexis found them and put them in Fallen London’s RNG.

edited by Flyte on 11/4/2013

Thirst for fame.[li]

Thirst for salvation.[li]

Thirst for wisdom.[li]

Thirst for enlightenment.[li]

Thirst for pleasure.[li]