Seasonal Event: All Hallow's Eve (Halloween)

It said something about rejecting and burning promises I don’t even know what promises or why or what the requirements are

Bah, I mustn’t be far enough to see it, then.

One of the options (ETA: not the SMEN one) changes depending on your airs of London, but I can’t check right now because, you know, mirror marches.[li]
edited by Lady Red on 10/14/2013

Maybe that’s what he other requirement was, then. I know one of them was Steadfast.
I’m just inordinately worried about doing an unwise thing and undoing tons of effort just because of a misclick!

If you can’t see the storylet, check your making waves: you need it at two.

[li]

The RNG was being kind and I succeeded on the third try. What are Lorn-Flukes?

Hm. I know… more or less… to a certain degree… what a Fluke is, and what it wants. That does not reassure me about the Lorn-Flukes.

So nightmares and making waves need to be at 5 on the 24th, if you want visitors. Interesting.

I can see a Steadfast and Airs of London option. So I presume that you get different choices depending on your Airs. I guess that is the thing that is giving people nightmares and wondering about Lorn-Flukes.

Or is that a SMEN thing, I’m not far enough along the path for that. Anybody got a spare Waxwail Knife?

[li]

Yeesh - I’m looking at the storylet, have watchful at 165+31, and my chance of success is 5%.

So hungry.
edited by babelfishwars on 10/14/2013

[color=#009900]Happy oncoming Hallowmas, all. Lorn-Flukes have been mentioned in one place, but it’s terribly easy to overlook and there’s no treasure at the end of that particular hunt.[/color][li]

[quote=lady ciel ]So nightmares and making waves need to be at 5 on the 24th, if you want visitors. Interesting.

I can see a Steadfast and Airs of London option. So I presume that you get different choices depending on your Airs. I guess that is the thing that is giving people nightmares and wondering about Lorn-Flukes.

Or is that a SMEN thing, I’m not far enough along the path for that. Anybody got a spare Waxwail Knife?

[/quote]

Hah, I wish. That’s where I’m stuck. Silly absurdly random Knife & Candle.

Are the devils really supposed to be (this is fate locked, but only very slightly. a tiny bit of fate, but probably still prudent to spoiler it) considering buying my awful stained soul? All the other things that’d lock off selling a soul seem to lock off this option so that seems… off. I’m just concerned that they’ll put my soul in a washing machine and undo the cat’s work.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]Happy oncoming Hallowmas, all. Lorn-Flukes have been mentioned in one place, but it’s terribly easy to overlook and there’s no treasure at the end of that particular hunt.
[/quote]

I… think I know where this is, but I don’t think they were mentioned by name.

Wait, has anybody noticed the Feast of Masks memo in our message tab?

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/14/2013

It would help if there was another Prize Token delivery but maybe, if we are lucky, there will be another way to get that candle.

[li]

[color=#009900]At this time of year, some things become their opposites. On the other hand, you might not want to sell damaged goods to Hell.[/color]
[color=#009900]
Lorn-Flukes have been named in one place.[/color]

I guess I’ll keep my soul then, even if there are some shiny things on offer.

And huh I guess I don’t know where the Lorn-Flukes are mentioned, if they’re called explicitly by name. Welp!

The horse skull ‘n’ candle looks cheerful and all, yet my parlor feels a bit lacking. Think I’ll procure a waxwork replica of Jack-of-Smiles wielding his classic knife in one hand and the lit horse skull in the other. Maybe I’ll introduce the figure as “Jack with Lantern” to my Hallowmas house guests. I do so love festive ornaments!

I am overjoyed that FBG has chosen to gratify the player base with a Halloween seasonal event! I’ve been asking myself “Will they or won’t they?” for the past two weeks, heh, and now I can happily stop.

Ah, oops, I was confused why I couldn’t see this story. My making waves was 22, and uh, apparently thats too high? I spent it all on notability, raised it back to 2 and then everything was fine for me, but, uh, my non-posi friends who I’ve been having suppers with don’t have the option to become notable and can’t get rid of making waves that way.

I’m just noticing you can’t laugh scandal off anymore either. How do you get rid of excessive making waves without notability options? Does anyone know a thing? :v
edited by NiteBrite on 10/15/2013

Oh my, the fate-locked prizes of opportunity for the devil’s lecture certainly are tempting… especially the last one. I don’t think that’s available anywhere else at the moment, at least as an inventory item. Is it?

Ouch, the SMEN option costs you 50 points of Watchful on a failure. Just thought people should be aware of that.

Yeah, that cost me 2 levels because I wasn’t paying attention. Oops.

Anyone who tries the Fate-Locked option while SMEN far enough to have a Stained Soul, please do PM me what it does. I’m tempted to go try it, but it requires 10 Connected: Hell and I’ve gone out of my way to sever all connections with those foul creatures.