Search High, Find Lowe: A Hunt Ensues

“Then you’ll be able to go get him.” Eglantine pats Ezekiel’s shoulder a bit gingerly, hoping he recognises it as a reassuring gesture. “I’ll be here with these others, to make sure you don’t come flying back into an ambush.”

“Eggla.” Ezekiel was just about to stalk out the door when his gravelly voice breaks the tense silence. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Good luck.” They mean it, more than most would, since it’s at least partly for Ezekiel’s sake that they’re even doing this. Sure, he’s a terrifying fungus wearing a human body as a suit, but everybody’s got their little quirks, and he still deserves respect.

&quotSo where do we get those clothes of a nun? And how do we smuggle Eli out? In the crate Ez came in?&quot[li]

*Fleshy comes back after bringing the Mandrake home and sits down on a crate. He realized he was being a baby earlier and that a gaudy moron probably wasn’t the best person to bring along on a stealthy rescue mission. Although he doesn’t really know what he can do here either, there must be something, even if it’s only fetching coffee or something. He nods to Eglantine as if to say &quotat your service.&quot

OOC: Fleshy’s RPer also realizes she was being a baby and apologizes
edited by Kukapetal on 7/12/2016

Eglantine looks startled but pleased at Flesh-Stick’s return. “I’d imagine you’d very much like to make some people pay for hurting Eli?” they suggest. “The Fist’s men await your wrath, including the more sadistic of his neddy men. If they’re taken out, the Fist has a less dangerous force up his sleeve.”

Siobhan, meanwhile, tells Maria, “Drake’s getting us the clothes. How to get Eli out… yes, probably smuggling him out, if he’s well enough to bear it.”

Dahlia clears her throat, and sweeps her cloak aside. It’s not armor underneath, but a mirror, as broad and long as her torso, buckled in place by leather straps. She taps the glass with a fingertip, and it seems to ripple, like liquid silver, before going solid again. This is why Lamia said ‘try to get Dahlia into a tactical position.’

&quotI don’t understand it,&quot Dahlia admits. &quotBut if I can get it there intact Miss L said it could serve as a quick exit.&quot

(OOC: I forgot that a post I wrote about Lamia leaving earlier didn’t go through. Anyway, Lamia left a while back, after she said she’d ‘hang back.’)
edited by Lamia Lawless on 7/12/2016

(( That is genius. For once, Elin isn’t leavening New Newgate on the hull of a f—ing dirigible. ))

When Ezekiel returns, his clothes are drenched with sewage and what appears to be a generous amount of blood, an amount that would take you to the other side of the river if you tried to donate.

In one hand, he is holding a rough sack. “Obtained clothes as per request, but man led merry chase. Won’t wake up until job is done. But will wake up. Unfortunately, was recognized on way here by Neddy.”

Ezekiel places the sack on the table in the center of the room and steps outside, hoisting a much larger black bag. “Thoughtfully decided to come along. Perhaps desired for questions?”

When Ezekiel tosses the bag on the floor, it grunts and wriggles. It contains a Neddy Woman. An observant person who was at the assault might recall that this was the one who requested Eli’s genitals be seated off with the Correspondence Brand.

The Game-Carver, now wearing one of the habits, along with a veil to cover their face, attempts to get the hang of the plan. 'While some of us are busy at Newgate, what will the other team busy itself with? And how will we get up there anyways? One would imagine that all visits from the church are arranged in advance.&quot They say, getting used to the new layout of their doo-dads in their habit.

[quote=The Absurd Rogue]When Ezekiel returns, his clothes are drenched with sewage and what appears to be a generous amount of blood, an amount that would take you to the other side of the river if you tried to donate.

In one hand, he is holding a rough sack. &quotObtained clothes as per request, but man led merry chase. Won’t wake up until job is done. But will wake up. Unfortunately, was recognized on way here by Neddy.&quot

Ezekiel places the sack on the table in the center of the room and steps outside, hoisting a much larger black bag. &quotThoughtfully decided to come along. Perhaps desired for questions?&quot

When Ezekiel tosses the bag on the floor, it grunts and wriggles. It contains a Neddy Woman. An observant person who was at the assault might recall that this was the one who requested Eli’s genitals be seated off with the Correspondence Brand.[/quote]

&quotOh, and a new source of valuable info. Might she happen to know of a dirigible that might accept a group of innocent nuns and deacons?&quot They lean menacingly close to the weakened Neddy.

The Neddy is entirely untouched except for a black eye. Perhaps she really did come willingly.

“Dun gots the schedule righ in me pockets. Amma nedsies not a feckin pilot. Wot the ell are you wearing”

The Neddy seems more terrified of being greeted by The Game Carver in a nuns outfit than the Fungus and the Black Bag

Eglantine chips in, harshly, “Just take her eyes and be done with it. Leave her blind as her master if she won’t tell us everything.” Their grin is terrifying. “Mercy, innit? Then she won’t see when her fingers get cut off too.”

Siobhan has ducked aside to change into her habit, and now intervenes, taking the more benevolent role. “No, no, she’ll tell us. No need to be cruel.”

“Yer all quite terrifyin.” She deadpans, blowing a loose strand of blonde hair out of her eyes. “I’s been in this game for a coupla years, try not to play the part to well there, Father.”

She sneers derisively at Drake before turning to Siobhan. “If yer boy toy had been less merciful, maybe he wouldn’t be burning in the oubliette righ’ 'bout now. Yeah, ya think we struck outta the blue? Bollocks. We know 'bout you two. Helped us predict 'is movements.”

“You wanta go up? Ye could always use the one that The Fist took 'em up in. Where was it docked? Oh, canna seem to remember. How sad.”

“Good idea, Eglantine, but I recommend starting with the teeth. It takes skill, but, if done proper, it can be quite effective.” A malicious smirk place on their face, as they pull out one of their tools. Some sort of brass rectangle, with an engraved sigil. “You’ve seen what can be done with these. If you haven’t seen the process, you should’ve seen the result. Remember, and you get 50 Echoes. Don’t, and you’ll be the second one with Correspondence on their gut.”

The Grizzled Neddy shrugs.

“Eh, how could I turn down an offer like that.” The Grizzled Neddy stands and walks to the table. When the four pistols that were immediately raised are lowered, she puts a pin on the map. A surprisingly short distance from the rookery, ironically. Near Stonymonk.

“Sorry, had to get outta ta binds. If I die wit me hands behind me back, I lose a bet. Righ’ 'ere. Bitta tight squeeze but it’ll take ye to the Ceiling Academy, or anywhere else ye need between here and Polythreme.”

She turns back to Vavakx. “Well, don’t make it too dramatic. Just get it over wit’, I don’t wanna be a chore for ta maids.”

Siobhan flushes in embarrassed fury at having her private business laid out by such a creature, but Eglantine catches her arm before she can slap the woman.

Eglantine drops the grin, and the pretense - and the coldness left behind is perhaps worse still. They lean in and whisper something in the neddy’s ear, something it’s probably best no-one else gets to hear. It is a promise wrapped inside a tale of terror and awful threat. A meatgrinder may be involved, and what Hell refers to as autocannibalism.

&quotYou’ve so much more to tell us,&quot they murmur. &quotThe Fist’s top three assistants, for a start.&quot
edited by Eglantine-Fox on 7/12/2016

“Bah, where ye gonna get a meat-grinder at 'tis hour? Fleet Street be tat way, neathy curse word.”

“Right. Now I am tempted to start cutting off fingers,” they say mildly. “But only tempted. I have a better option for you. I’ve a bottle of something that’ll blank our merry band from your mind. You tell us enough, you get a drink, and a chance to go home with no more than an I’ve-been-drinking blank spot in your memory.”

“Ask a question, you get an answer. Ye know how a conversation works, eh? Thas an idea I can get behin’. So wot chu wanna know?”

“The Fist’s three assistants. What places are they likely to be found? What are their strengths? Who exactly are they?”