Search High, Find Lowe: A Hunt Ensues

When Eglantine gets ready for something, they really get ready. They’ve kitted up, hastily called in favours, gathered everything that might be useful, and now they are waiting, wrapped in a long cloak, under which is a neddy suit. That will help, they figure, with getting close, after which a liberal application of charm, bribery and outright violence should do the rest.

Nothing escapes the eyes of the urchins and criminals of London. Some of them have debts to or fondness for Elias Lowe. Some of them are simply amenable to a hefty amount of payment. The web of watchers spreads wide already.

Siobhan is tense, but she will not falter. Eli matters too much to her for that, now, and so she is here, armed and ready to go, waiting with Eglantine for the rest of the hunters, so that they can set off.

They will find Elias Lowe, because they must. Hopefully, it’s not too late.

Another group brought into this conflict is the ragtag bunch of scientists from Benthic college. Correspondents, devils and several particularly ragged individuals the Game-Carver refers to as ‘Seraphs’ have cluttered in the previously-crimson gallery.

“If anyone knows how to help Elias, these people do. Each one of them knows of the Language, in one form or another. Their knowledge, along with mine, will help us plan our assault. Any objections?”

A stern look at the hall. At the students and professors. At the little urchins, now twirling around the wide space. At the other witnesses. At the half-empty sack in the middle. This may be the most expensive mission in their life. They will not fail. Never.

Passionario lost Maria, so she has no idea where Eli is. All she could hope for was Fox. She had no idea about correspondence, and wasn’t far with Electricity for combat, but was ready to do anything to save him. All she could arrive with, were five revolutionaries, who knew explosives very well. &quotFox, do you have an idea where Eli is? I saw Passionario with a sack… and it may have been Eli… he, he just can’t die. He can’t, do you hear me, Citizen?&quot

Eglantine looks to Maria, and smiles as reassuringly as they can under the circumstances. “You’ve a lead, then. Take… Drake, is it? here as far as you got? He can help find the way from wherever they were when you lost them. It’ll be valuable knowledge, and you’ll be watched from the Flit, by those who can communicate your discoveries to the rest of us.” They make their suggestion politely.

Siobhan eyes the miscellany of searchers the Game-Carver brought. “Whatever knowledge they have, let’s have it. Let’s plan this.” She longs to simply charge in with a blazing pistol, but that’s no plan worth anything. Better to restrain her urgency a little, get this plan put together.

Eglantine, meanwhile, is passing out shriek bombs, a couple to everyone. “I hope you don’t have to use these, but if you encounter the Fist of the Bazaar, he relies on his hearing, having no sight. These might buy you a few precious moments when you need them most, I think.”

“First of all, we need to find the kids. Levi and Angelica, if I heard that right. We would need to send someone to find them, as they are likely to know where they were being held.”
Another person barges into the conversation. The Circumspect Bachelor, one of the Euphemian’s assistants, brings up an important matter.
“Another matter is combating the Fist themselves. While shriek bombs are a creative solution to this, I fear that they, too, may have more up their sleeve than we expect. Oh, and the Correspondence scars. You don’t expect us to leave the very person we’re rescuing with a sigil in his gut, do you? That would require a large amount of irrigo ink, and I suspect we all know how hard that is to acquire. And don’t you dare forget about…”
That sentence of hers is interrupted by the Euphemian Game-Carver. “I will take care of these problems. I am sure we could discuss this in greater detail over a cup of tea, couldn’t we? Or coffee. Your pick.” They say, seating her nearby. Soon, the masked individual returns to the conversation, providing firm reassurance that they will take care of any materials required for this operation, while others can find the children and learn the location from them.

(OOC: Where was the gymnasium located anyways, so I can think off a good place where Maria lost Passionario?)
&quotStrzelec. Put one on a roof close to the Bazaar and wait… then shoot and cut him into tiny little pieces. Then, we get acid and put him in there. If something is left, ws send it to the surface.&quot

Eglantine beckons to an urchin. “Jemmy. You know where they’ll have gone, I think. Go get them. Hurry.” They pause a moment, and them amplify this urging with a small jingling bag, to encourage maximum speed.

Jemmy sniffs, wipes his nose on his ragged sleeve, and races off. He’ll head for the Flit, get up where he knows the routes, and find the Flowerdene Prodigies.

Flesh-Stick points to a trail of yellow paint on the ground, leading off in the direction Passionario and his goons went

Ezekiel is inconsolable and not making much sense. At times they make valid plans, but it quickly devolves into nonsense.

Flesh-Stick taps Ezekiel’s shoulder and points to the trail of yellow paint
edited by Kukapetal on 7/10/2016

&quotI guess I just became unnecessary?&quot

Flesh-Stick looks at Maria oddly and shakes his head, assuring her she’s still important and wondering vaguely why it matters. Shouldn’t simply finding Eli be the important thing? Then he goes over to Eglantine and shows them a drawing he did. It shows a picture of Eli’s head with a huge word balloon coming out of his mouth. Inside the balloon, are drawings of the two kids, with an arrow pointing from them to a drawing of Lamia
edited by Kukapetal on 7/10/2016

Ezekiel points at the drawing. “Enchanting One. Laaaaaaaaa. Lamaa. Her! The Deviless. The small ones went to find her!”

&quotYou think Eli is in love with La,ia? And you mean she might be the next target?&quot

Bertrand runs up to the group as casually as one can when frantically trying to catch up with someone.

Flesh-Stick nods vigorously at what Ezekiel says

&quotWait. Qe have a trial, something I was supposed to help with. Now, do we FOLLOW it or help Miss L? Who probably is endangered since Eli loves her… I need a few very accurate rifles and people and will wat for Passionario once this is over.&quot[li]

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]Another group brought into this conflict is the ragtag bunch of scientists from Benthic college. Correspondents, devils and several particularly ragged individuals the Game-Carver refers to as ‘Seraphs’ have cluttered in the previously-crimson gallery.

&quotIf anyone knows how to help Elias, these people do. Each one of them knows of the Language, in one form or another. Their knowledge, along with mine, will help us plan our assault. Any objections?&quot

A stern look at the hall. At the students and professors. At the little urchins, now twirling around the wide space. At the other witnesses. At the half-empty sack in the middle. This may be the most expensive mission in their life. They will not fail. Never.[/quote]

Illyria today is working as a bartender, an ever present but invisible member of the servantry, at the Gallery. Her assignment is to keep an ear out and learn where they stands. The earlier battle hasn’t escaped her attention. Passionario is not a popular man in many circles; even in the high places or among spies. Having a hand in giving the man inconvenience can win one many friends.

Illyria tuts and look at the Euphemian Game-Carver. Inspiration strikes! The Game-Carver is powerful, but not trustworthy if her dossiers are to be believed. If she take steps to ensure the individual cannot change sides…?

Several messenger-ravens departs from the Gallery to the Filt, with instructions to produce leaflets of which the Euphemian Game-Carver publicly swear revenge on Passionario and threaten to take his place. There is even a rough cartoon of the individual with a fierce expresion. This is the kind of juicy pages anarchists love to print!
edited by Koh Kai Ying on 7/10/2016

The Euphemian Game-Carver, seeing that the group has latched on to other matters, walks up to the bar with an order. The drink is gone in a handful of gulps. A tip of 14 Echoes on the counter. Doubt in the eyes.
&quotBartender, tell me something. Who hired you? I doubt it’s Elias, you’d be out and around already. He can’t pay you from prison. Neither he can check whether you’re here. Why stay, then?&quot
A beat. Fingers on glass. 6 letters. A cipher? Italian, it seems. Never was on the easy side, that one. Starts with V. A haven of traitors.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/11/2016

(( This is awesome ))