Search High, Find Lowe: A Hunt Ensues

Ezekiel’s smile is horrifying, but it’s not nightmare inducing like it normally is. It’s clear that it’s trying.

“Smiling One is master tactician. How many hunters can we get inside the prison?”

Flesh-Stick raises a hand and volunteers

The Game-Carver promises to join the group of nuns, along with whoever else volunteers.

Bertrand’s hand shoots up.
“Bringing a camera, to say, supposedly photograph the improving results of the good missionary work we are there to do, won’t be too suspicious, would it?”

“Afraid it would,” Eglantine answers, with a little grimace. “Besides, some of us have to stay down here. If Passionario’s realised, even a little, that we’re on the hunt, the streets falling silent will tell him where we’ve gone.” Eglantine’s smile is hard, this time. “And we have his assistants to find. We need to get what they know of their master, by any means necessary. Taking them out, getting their knowledge, puts a hole in his infrastructure.” They sigh, looking apologetically at Flesh-Stick. “You probably wouldn’t pass for a nun, but this is important too. If we do this, we make it harder for the Fist to simply turn around and black-bag the lot of us.”

Siobhan points at herself, and Maria. “A nun, another nun…” She looks to Vavakx a bit doubtfully, before looking at Drake. “A deacon, and we can get a Clay Man to carry the crate.”

&quotA Clay woman,&quot a voice chimes in. Dahlia, the Clay woman Lamia brought with her, has been silent up until now. Her voice is surprisingly cool and smooth, like marble.

&quotI’ll hang back,&quot Lamia says. &quotTry to get Dahlia into a tactical position after she brings the crate.&quot Lamia rolls her shoulders. As she does, something far too long and pointy to be a part of her body juts up from under her thick fur coat, then disappears as her shoulders drop back into place.
edited by Lamia Lawless on 7/11/2016

Flesh-Stick nods and leaves them to their work

“Could you pack a spare habit for me?”

Ezekiel cranes it’s neck and checks everybody over, before giving a jittery nod of satisfaction. “Must decide what to do with guards. Ellie disapproved when This One took ghosts out of any humanlike, especially Blue Ones. There will be many Blue Ones in the way of Ellie. What do?”

Eglantine feels the rush again, of plans crystallising in their mind, and grins at Ezekiel. “We’ll dress you as a gaoler. It’ll hide your face entirely, and you can walk right past the constables without needing to fight them, or even talk to them. You climb out of the crate, and then you’re just one more gaoler in the place, shuffling along about your business.” They remember the gaolers well, from their own time in New Newgate. This is a role Ezekiel can surely play.

Flesh-Stick holds up his mandrake and looks a silent question at Eglantine, wondering if they still need it or if he can take it home with him

“If you mean to join the hunt for the Fist’s henchmen, you might still need your little friend there, in case he himself comes out to play. Otherwise? You could take it home and let it enjoy some safety and a rest,” Eglantine says, smiling at Flesh-Stick. “We’re sure to envy it on that account.”

Flesh-Stick shakes his head, knowing he’s no spy and no detective, and anyway there are about a million people already working on that. If he can’t help here, he can’t help at all. Best to stay out of the way.

He takes the Mandrake and heads home, knowing all he can do now is hope*

OOC: Can’t say I’m thrilled to be kicked out of the story, but it is your thread. Best of luck finding Eli :)

((OOC: Sorry about that, I really did mean to divide it up so the staying-behind crew all get some action.))

OOC: It’s fine. It’s your RP, not mine.

(( couldn’t Kuka just hide in the food crate with EZ? I mean, it doesn’t smell that bad ))

&quotIf we’re disguising him, do I really need to smuggle him in the crate?&quot Dahlia asks.

(OOC: What kind of body is Ezekiel in this time? Or is it better to just say ‘it?’)
edited by Lamia Lawless on 7/12/2016

OOC: Nah, it’s cool. I’m bowing out now before this turns into a really dumb argument :P We’re supposed to be having fun ;)
edited by Kukapetal on 7/12/2016

Eglantine squints up at Dahlia. “That’s a good point. I’ve seen the gaolers in Spite, so there is room for one - or even two - of them to be returning to the prison, in the same dirigible.”

((OOC: pretty please consider that ‘or two’ to be your invite back, Kuka?))

Ezekiel has been under incredible stress so the consumption process has increased dramatically, but it’s only been a day or so, so he is a bit “lumpy”.

“Know gaoler that retired to become poet. Will get uniform and come back here as fast as wind can allow. After that, readiness has been achieved.”