Scholar of the Correspondence

You can now raise it up to 20 at the university, but it costs a whopping 15 echoes per change point![li]

[/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]To say nothing of the Wounds you take while doing it.
[/li]

Does it require you to have finished the storyline there first or no?

It’s been so long I can’t remember the precise chain of events, but you need Featuring in the Tales of the University 9. Also Scholar of the Correspondence 5, and you still have to be welcome at the University. Even if you get expelled, you can get back with some effort, for those of you who don’t know.

So you can’t do it if you haven’t started a department yet?

Doesn’t look like it, I’m afraid. You can still chat with the porters if you want to save that income of Whispered Secrets and Sudden Insights, though.

Level 9 and Chat with the Porters comes after you have started your own department.

I have featuring in the tales of the university 10,but my Scholar is still at 1. I can’t figure out how to increase it.

Try Seeking Curios in the Forgotten Quarter. Every now and then you’ll be able to Look for more evidence of the Correspondence in the ruins, which can increase it to 7. After that you can either go to the Empress’ Court to compose some symphonies (up to 10) or spend resources within Shadowy Dealings at the University (up to 20).

thank you. I had forgotten about that.

15 - Listener!

Oh, if you get a corresponding ocelot (fate locked content), it can boost SotC above 7, but I don’t know at what level it caps out at.

Congrats! Do the requirements for the check increase as Scholar does? SpaceMarine’s Tumblr mentioned it did, but the Wiki seems to just have the requirements at Scholar 10.

But if you do require 290 Watchful to get to 20, that’s possible with nothing Fate-locked besides the Ubergoat:
200 base Watchful
+30 Preternaturally Intent
+10 Smock of 4,308 Pockets
+8 Insatiable Glove
+8 Ratwork Watch
+3 Meticulously Altered Stocking
+30 Ubergoat
+1 Newspaper
+3 Shrine to Saint Joshua
+1 Artist’s Model
=294

With just an Overgoat, I think you’d have to use the Notability option to increase Watchful beyond the cap. (and you need it plus an Ubergoat to make 300) Without the Mood, you’re losing 22 points, so Notability wouldn’t be enough.

[quote=Aspeon]Congrats! Do the requirements for the check increase as Scholar does? SpaceMarine’s Tumblr mentioned it did, but the Wiki seems to just have the requirements at Scholar 10.

But if you do require 290 Watchful to get to 20, that’s possible with nothing Fate-locked besides the Ubergoat:
200 base Watchful
+8 Insatiable Glove
+8 Ratwork Watch
+30 Ubergoat
+1 Newspaper
+1 Artist’s Model
=294

With just an Overgoat, I think you’d have to use the Notability option to increase Watchful beyond the cap. (and you need it plus an Ubergoat to make 300) Without the Mood, you’re losing 22 points, so Notability wouldn’t be enough.[/quote]

How do you convert an Overgoat into an Ubergoat anyway?

Congratulations! I’m only at 14 so far.

I have 14 and change, and the storylet is marked as unlocking at watchful 240.

ETA: Catherine, you need two Overgoats.
edited by Lady Red on 12/29/2013

2 Overgoats and a little bit of Fate = Ubergoat!

Thank you, and thank you Lady Red. Two Overgoats. Arrgh. Well, that’s a project for later. Thanks.

[quote=Aspeon]Congrats! Do the requirements for the check increase as Scholar does? SpaceMarine’s Tumblr mentioned it did, but the Wiki seems to just have the requirements at Scholar 10.

200 base Watchful
+8 Insatiable Glove
+8 Ratwork Watch
+30 Ubergoat
+1 Newspaper
+1 Artist’s Model
=294

With just an Overgoat, I think you’d have to use the Notability option to increase Watchful beyond the cap. (and you need it plus an Ubergoat to make 300) Without the Mood, you’re losing 22 points, so Notability wouldn’t be enough.[/quote]
Yes, 1SotC plaques and 10SotC + 100 watchful requirement. As of 15, still one scream and one implication. Unfortunately, I’m not overgoated, so I won’t be able to go past 18 or so any time remotely soon.[li]

[quote=Lady Red]I have 14 and change, and the storylet is marked as unlocking at watchful 240.

ETA: Catherine, you need two Overgoats.
edited by Lady Red on 12/29/2013[/quote]

15! And it now unlocks with watchful 250.