Scholar of the Correspondence

18: Igneate Eye!

This storylet is an excellent use of a Preternaturally Intent mood. When I get one, I like to wait until my actions fully recharge (and my Wounds reset and/or I’m holding the CVR card), and then activate the Mood and go to town.

[quote=Seberin]18: Igneate Eye!

This storylet is an excellent use of a Preternaturally Intent mood. When I get one, I like to wait until my actions fully recharge (and my Wounds reset and/or I’m holding the CVR card), and then activate the Mood and go to town.[/quote]
Grats! I haven’t actually gotten a mood before.[li]

So glad there’s another action for someone like my character who reached the height of academic success, got booted out over a minor understanding, then clawed her way back after many grueling scientific expeditions on the unterzee. For those who haven’t gone this route, try to avoid getting kicked out. It was a disappointment how little my character was able to do once she got back in (perhaps for story reasons, it’s because the entire faculty won’t be pleased at her return)? Back to the original point of this thread, is there an advantage to having a high SoC score? So far I’ve only seen it as increasing your chances on a making wave increase on one of the lodging cards (wish I could be more specific. I know the challenge also requires a searing enigma, but they are nice enough to let you keep your enigma if you lose). Since this university action to raise SoC also raises Making Waves, it could be you benefit twice.

Well, we now have a reason to get it to 10 - a Tattoo of the Correspondence!

Raised this thread to ask, are the only way to get from 7 to 10 through:

• starting a Department and Shadowy Dealings, and
  • Symphonies at Court?

I don’t want to lose the pre-department university content, but I suspect composing symphonies would take too long, and I need the Level 10 by the end of next week (apparently) to get the tattoo I want.

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]Well, we now have a reason to get it to 10 - a Tattoo of the Correspondence!

• Symphonies at Court?

I don’t want to lose the pre-department university content, but I suspect composing symphonies would take too long, and I need the Level 10 by the end of next week (apparently) to get the tattoo I want.[/quote]

Get a corresponding ocelot (fate-locked theological husbandry). Or get your nightmares to 2, and let the correspondence savage your dreams.

The correspondence doesn’t savage dreams anymore.

I’m not at Theological Husbandry yet… Do you know if the Time Passing in the Labyrinth storylets remain in Coil 2 once I get to Theological Husbandry?

Yes, all those storylets stay.

[li]
noooooooooo

well, i guess i’ll stay an author for a long while then.

There’s an option under shadowy dealings at the University - you need Correspondence Plaques, A Respectable Academic and Featuring in the Tales of the University 9.

Note that this option is also linked to your watchful: you need at least 100 + 10*Correspondence level, meaning that increasing it to high levels may require a goat.[li]

There’s also one option under search for secrets in the Forgotten Quarter that sometimes pops up giving +1 CP of Scholar, depending on Airs of the Forgotten Quarter–I’ve no idea if it has a cap, but I suspect it doesn’t.

It caps at 7.

You can also increase you Scholar of the Correspondence by riding the Wheel at the Carnival. Not sure how high you can go with it though - I am only trying to get mine up high enough to get the tattoo.

Edit: Actually it looks like it can only get you up to 3. Oh well better than nothing.
edited by Staranise on 2/28/2014

[quote=Zack Oak][quote=dragonridingsorceress]Well, we now have a reason to get it to 10 - a Tattoo of the Correspondence!

• Symphonies at Court?

I don’t want to lose the pre-department university content, but I suspect composing symphonies would take too long, and I need the Level 10 by the end of next week (apparently) to get the tattoo I want.[/quote]

Get a corresponding ocelot (fate-locked theological husbandry). Or get your nightmares to 2, and let the correspondence savage your dreams.[/quote]
I have my Ocelot!

You’re going to tell me the next bit requires a Card, aren’t you?

I’m afraid it does. The card is fairly common, and you can get 1 CP of SotC for 1 CP wounds, but unless you start spending fate for freshening the decks, it could take a while.