Scheme: Set up an Orphanage

[quote=Ether]
Yes, I have Notability at 1 and Making Waves at 16 (as I’m trying to get the second Notability point), so I don’t think that’s it. I guess I’ll send in a bug report and see.[/quote]

I can see not having a club could change things, but a Bug Report seems like a good idea.

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]I can’t speak for every MW-generator, but having the Mercies speak at one’s Salon only reduces the Scheme by a set amount - which I was jolly pleased to see.[/quote]Thanks; I’ll press ahead with my Scheme hoarding, and hope for a swift rise to Notability when the time is right, like a dirigible.

Still no luck drawing the card. I have everything else I need… Grr…

The only thing I need for the salon is more Bohemian connections - does anyone have recommendations on the best way to grind?

Best for Bohemian connection is Shuttered Palace - Entry to the Duchess’ Salon - Publish poetry in praise of the Duchess.

Much obliged Lady Ciel, I shall compose some poetry momentarily.

Eminent duchess / grant me the connections I / need for this venture

I am stunned by the increase in the amount of Making Waves that hosting the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer. Very pleased, especially considering how much I like her.

A question: How do I raise my Connected: Summerset to 1/3 for this purpose? I know the obvious reason is “The University”, but I just recently got the boot from there and it wiped my Connected. I really only need it at 1 because I have the Endowment (I wish I knew you could only use it at 1), and I don’t really feel like grinding the Scientific Expedition until I get 500 of all the notes, although it seems like that’s my only choice right now.

Do you have access to Court? I solved this problem by writing a Tale of the Future. If not, who are you Closest To? You may be able to find a decent home for a Mark of Credit Page.

Did anyone else get &quotYour Salon: invite Silas the Showman as a guest of honour&quot as an option on the Tower of Eyes card? I don’t think I’ve met a Silas the Showman, but he’s apparently a possible Acquaintance.[li]
edited by drakemontfort on 8/20/2013

Silas the Showman? I wonder if he was the same fellow who called around last Christmas in the guise of Shilas the Shnowman? I haven’t seen his option appear - I’ve had Lettice and the Music-Hall Singer, and am eagerly anticipating the opportunity to invite the dear Duchess to be the guest of honour.

[quote=drakemontfort]Did anyone else get &quotYour Salon: invite Silas the Showman as a guest of honour&quot as an option on the Tower of Eyes card? I don’t think I’ve met a Silas the Showman, but he’s apparently a possible Acquaintance.
edited by drakemontfort on 8/20/2013
[/quote]

The Wiki does report a &quotSilas&quot who disguised himself as Mr. Sacks last Christmas (sporting a Sean Conneryesque accent), but that’s all I know of him.

[quote=Flyte]Do you have access to Court? I solved this problem by writing a Tale of the Future.[/quote]Dag nab it.

[quote=Flyte]If not, who are you Closest To? You may be able to find a decent home for a Mark of Credit Page.[/quote]Graaaah!

(basically, no to both)

[li]

Man, I wish I got the Tower of Eyes card more than once a month.

Dash it all, I got my Scheme up to 6, drew the Tower of Eyes card, and … no options to trade Scheme for Making Waves. No chance to invite the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer or the Mercies or anyone. Just Society or Bohemian and I raised my Scheme a little. How do you get the option to &quotcash in?&quot

Different options are available at different levels of Airs of London; so go rob some anonymous wretches in Spite or sleep to change the level.

Can we pleeease make the tower Of eyes card more common somehow? I finally drew it the once to get my salon, at least.

It’s not really in the designers’ best interests to artificially deflate the rarity of a card so we can exhaust the new content in 3 weeks instead of 6.

Instead they’re artificially dragging out what would otherwise be a really small nugget of content by tying it to a single card (well two if you count the amenuensis, which I haven’t even drawn the once, and while waiting for it my MW has dropped from 20 something down to 5)