Salt Weasels at Mahogany Hall

Quick question - do Salt Weasels react badly to popular songs in the same way as their common or Arabian cousins? I’m hoping not, but for obvious reasons of their rarity I’d rather not test the proposition.

From what I read on the wikis, all weasels are affected by the song. But sure as hell I ain’t going to try!

If they were not affected I’d chalk that up to a continuity error on FBG’s part, which they would presumably fix at some point. I wouldn’t risk it either.

In and out the markets of Spite, up St Dunstan’s steeple, that’s the way the Boatman rows…

Risk it and let us know. For SCIENCE!

…Well said :)

Well, that I may do. Because I want to maintain an element of roleplaying in here, I’m not going to rush off straight away, particularly as things have just got a bit more… rubbery for me. But I won’t avoid the Hall and if songs come to a head, I won’t flinch.

Uhm wait - I thought Nigel was suggesting an alternative ending to Urthdigger’s Tune XD About trying it… Well, if anybody has the nerve, I respect it, but as I said, I personally refuse to kill even Azeem (my good old Araby Fighting-Weasel).

My darling little friend will never go to Mahogany Hall, until I am CERTAIN he will be safe. I adore my precious pet~

Sadly, it doesn’t matter. I never “took” any weasels to Mahogany Hall, but the one time I maxed out the Plagued by a Popular Song menace, all the weasels in my inventory exploded. Sorry. If you have a salt weasel and really prize her, DON’T push your Plagued by a Popular Song quality to 5!

That’s odd; when I hit Plagued 5 and Wounds 8 together, the Plagued result didn’t kick in until I returned to Mahogany Hall specifically, after reviving and I think visiting other areas of London.

(The second time this happened I gave my surviving weasel to the Boatman; it seemed the more merciful option given I was headed straight back to the Hall…)

[quote=hannah mckay]That’s odd; when I hit Plagued 5 and Wounds 8 together, the Plagued result didn’t kick in until I returned to Mahogany Hall specifically, after reviving and I think visiting other areas of London.

(The second time this happened I gave my surviving weasel to the Boatman; it seemed the more merciful option given I was headed straight back to the Hall…)[/quote]

I was in Mahogany Hall and triggered Plagued 5 deliberately to see what would happen, so that is consistent with your experience.

Have now verified that well timed trips to the Mirror Marches will also allow one to wander around Fallen London thereafter with Plagued 5 and a weasel living on borrowed time. Theoretically one fond of their weasels might simply avoid the Hall thereafter?

(I however have named mine Ticking Time Bomb, as I will undoubtedly get round to detonating him eventually)

That is interesting and is an approach I had never considered; thanks!

[quote=hannah mckay]
(I however have named mine Ticking Time Bomb, as I will undoubtedly get round to detonating him eventually)[/quote]

I’d have gone with “rikki-tikki-ng-time-bomb”, but I am perhaps overly fond of bad puns.

Just performed a test. Salt-Weasel was not affected by Popular Song’s explosive effect.

I salute you. And am very relieved - I’ve had some anxious moments reducing my earworm to safe levels.

roughly how many cards did you have to go through to find a Salt Weasel?

I spent about a week hanging about in Lady Bones Road if that gives you can idea.

~MF
A Lady with a shy white beastie

Mine took about a month to get, but then my character has consistently mediocre luck.