Revolutions Season: Item Trade-In

Is the trade-in a one time deal? I know I’ve repurchased stories and replayed the trade-in for the Flint Essences et al, but this one doesn’t seem to be popping up.

You should be able to play the bonus story if you have the three required items. I’m not sure if you can play the same bonus story multiple times if you reset the three stories for the season. But it’s definitely independent of the bonus story of Heart’s Blood (Flint et al).

Just to make sure, please check if you have the three items:

• An Account of the Souls Aboard Hell’s Triremes
  • A Special’s Lucky Knuckles
  • What is Perhaps an Ear

The bonus story might just show in your Lodgings, not sure about that. If you really have all the items and can’t find it, you should probably contact support.

Ah, I mentioned Flint only to (clumsily) say that, upon finishing Flint and the two related stories (Waltz, Murder) for a second time, that trade-in story popped up again. Just as a point of comparison.

Anyway, I did as you suggested (thank you!) and submitted a bug report, turns out it was in fact an error which has been promptly corrected. Lovely staff, quick and effective, I will adore them always.

So yeah. Trade-in stories can be repeated if you replay/repurchase the associated trio.
edited by Saint-Just on 4/12/2017

Is it worth 135 fate for this 3-4 stories? Im looking at buying the stories and if there are fun I was wondering if I they are worth 135 fate for this stories and this trade in one?
edited by Tofan Bogdan on 4/13/2017

All three stories were pretty good. There were a few complaints about Five Minutes to Midday being unclear on how to reach whatever specific ending you might want, but it was still enjoyable imo. As for whether they’re worth a combined 135 Fate, that’s for you to decide.

[quote=Tofan Bogdan]Is it worth 135 fate for this 3-4 stories? Im looking at buying the stories and if there are fun I was wondering if I they are worth 135 fate for this stories and this trade in one?
edited by Tofan Bogdan on 4/13/2017[/quote]
You don’t buy a trade-in story. Once you have completed Five Minutes to Midday, Calendar Code and Chimney Pot Wars, you will unlock a storylet that will allow you to trade items earned in them for another piece of additional lore.
As for is it worth, that season was quite a mixed bag. Five Minutes is generally regarded bad story, Chimney Pot Wars is a fun one, but with a bit confusing mechanic, while Calendar Code was simpler and shorter but full of interesting lore.

FWIW: We did a survey on fate-locked stories over at reddit a while back (take a look here) and based on the opinion of ~70 players neither of the stories is bad but &quotCalendar Code&quot is significantly better than the other two. (In fact, it’s one of the most beloved stories to date.)

I dunno, it was my first ES, so I remember people here complaining about it and I generally considered it not really interesting, so that might’ve formed my opinion.

Thanks for all the answers.I think I will try them all.

At Five minutes to midday I gave the revolutionary to the constables. I got the reward an antique constable badge and the record of hell triemes. I seem to be stuck there. In the fate tab the story doesn’t appear to be able to reset. How can I continue the story? Where to go?: All of my qualities linked with the story it makes that I finished the story.

As indicated by the last entry in your journal, the Docks opportunity card should have an option that fully finishes the story.