Revolutions Season: Item Trade-In

Question - I’m going to Winking Island in three days, tops. Is the cash-in something I’d have to get rid of?

Cos otherwise I’m just going to leave the story alone until I’m back.

You’d better wait.

Worth noting: &quotas above, so below&quot is, in real-world mysticism, known as the Principle (or Doctrine, or Law; mystics are notoriously inconsistent) of Correspondence.

(Personally, I’m holding off until The Calendar Code is available to replay, 'cause I wasn’t happy with my outcome.)
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/17/2016

[quote=Mr. Sails]Some perhaps obvious thoughts:

The month January is named after Janus, the two-faced Roman god of time (also god of beginnings, gates, transitions, doorways, passages, and endings according to wiki). January was wearing a two-faced mask showing two expressions, and the perhaps most impactful room on her was the timey-wimey one with clocks, so the logical assumption here is that the &quotmasters&quot of the Calendar Council takes names after Roman gods and their respective abstract fields of interest. This creates an antithesis to the Masters, who take names seemingly after concrete things.

edited by Cantankerous Captain on 10/17/2016
edited by Cantankerous Captain on 10/17/2016[/quote]
Unless it is that there’s a Roman God of 10, I find that unlikely. We get our names for the last three months- including December, the month the leader of the Calendar Council chose for a name- from Latin numbers rather than Roman Gods and Emperors like the others. If there’s some strange thing to be noted with months, it’s actually that there were originally only 10 in Rome. The Treachery of Clocks?

Anyway, back into the zone where I reside staring at the journals of people who’ve played Exceptional Stories since I did not.

[quote=Anne Auclair]Mr. Sails, RandomWalker, everyone…
<snip>
edited by Anne Auclair on 10/17/2016[/quote]
That’s one interpretation (and a well-sourced one).

I took it to mean that her domain is academia. Her philosophy of liberation extends to the quite abstract, and she seems to have a thing for exhaustive research and documentation, be that of recruitment techniques, recruits, or the museum itself.

Which three items or qualities do you need to see the storylet? Because I’m not seeing it, and I fear it’s due to me hanging The Chimney-Pot Wars shortly before the end to keep my Urchin gangs…

You need to finish chimney pot wars, and you need to give away all three items.

[quote=suinicide]You need to finish chimney pot wars[/quote]Too bad, I’m not prepared to do that! No trade-in for me then…

I finally broke down and gave up my beloved one-of-a-kind items for scraps and snippets of lore. Certainly a nice treat after a round of the Fidgeting Writer ended fruitless.

It was lovely, as was the Boatman’s story. It makes me all the more excited for the next.

You could do like I do with Court of Cats and finish it, then re-buy it and hang it a second time. That should let you see the turn-in and get to keep your beloved urchin companions. (who are, admittedly, pretty cool)

[quote=PSGarak][quote=Anne Auclair]Mr. Sails, RandomWalker, everyone…
<snip>
That’s one interpretation (and a well-sourced one). [/quote]
One interpretation?

[spoiler]January’s book is explicitly about recruitment in an academic setting, with actual academic’s playing merely a supporting role. Pure research is more May and September’s interest, at least judging from their respective books, which are fairly academic.

Anyway, January is trying to recruit the player into the Revolutionary movement and her words should be treated with appropriate skepticism.[/spoiler]

[quote=Anne Auclair]Mr. Sails, RandomWalker, everyone…

[spoiler]You do realize that January is the Council member who’s purview is the recruitment of new members by appeals to their abilities and better natures?

She’s literally going by the book. Her book.
[/spoiler]

I get who January is. I was more delighted with the wordplay than her sales pitch. Posthumously literally means ‘after burial’ (or at least that’s what the Latin origin means). Considering the orphanage storyline for the Light Fingers ambition, I felt that that was a wonderful way of hinting at the sinister things that can happen if you don’t have a man-eating plant on your side.

I’ve completed the story and received the book…but I can’t see it anywhere in my inventory. Is this a glitch?

Check the Rumour category. It is a Intriguer’s Compendium.

Check the Rumour category. It is a Intriguer’s Compendium.[/quote]

Ah, thanks Estelle :)

From this: &quotA vast web of chains sway from the ceiling. […] Gilded orbs sprout from thin metal poles attached to the disc.&quot

From something interesting in Zubmariner: &quotWelcome, Trespasser, to the House of Rods and Chains.&quot

Similar enough that it might be intentional. Also:

But, IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

Did someone catch the name of the book she gives you? I assumed it would be in the echo but it wasn’t, so I forgot. Something stingue or something.

Liber Stinguendi. It was in the storylet intro text, which most people don’t echo. (I make copypasta files of everything I see during fate stories).

Thanks!